Blue Dragon

Shades

Hunter
I downloaded a demo of this new RPG for me 360 and played it last night, although obviously aimed at the the younger gamers due to the graphics and game play i quite enjoyed playing the one hour demo and i am consedering getting the game soon, anyone else heard of or played this game 8)

I wouldn't say it was aimed at kids - it has the same graphical style as Dragon Quest, and that's certainly not aimed at kids. I think it'll be good, I'll get it.

I have to sday this would be one of the games I would get if I owned a 360 as I love rpg's and the storyline seems like it would keep me interested

A lot of people aren't very happy with this game, to be honest. Over on Eurogamer and the like, most people hated the demo ..... I'd still buy it if I had a 360 though!

You can never really judge an RPG by it's demo. In the full game, you build your party up from scratch, and also get to know the characters and world. In the demo, you're handed a pre-made party at a random part in the story and told to play for an hour, normally in a dungeon. You don't get the chance to explore villages (or the world in general), experience much of the story or get a feel for customising your party. I think the BD demo has been getting a lot of critisicm with people who haven't really taken that into account.

Didn't like it, the visuals were nice and all, the music was a pain so I muted it and I don't like to play games without the sound often. The combat was pretty poor, charging up and stuff adds some tactics but I could of done without it. The camera angles were terrible, couldn't tell what was going on half the time. And the bright flashes, why? Felt like I was gonna have a fit.

Roadie said:
the music was a pain so I muted it and I don't like to play games without the sound often.

Whoah... you just said you didn't like Uematsu's music. DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE SAYING?!
It was only background music, I'm sure the rest of the music will be great. I love the piano music on the title screen.

Lupus Inu said:
When Famitsu says it's good, it's GOT to be good

Generally speaking, no, they just hype up the popular games (Nintendogs is in their top five rated games) =P But in this case, where it's not a huge title in Japan, then yeah, it's got to be good.

I'm looking forward to Blue Dragon, its definitely one which i'll be picking up when i can. Isn't Blue Dragon going to be a series of games, like a trilogy or something? i'm sure i saw it mentioned somewhere before...

I just hope its better than the anime series though as that was not so good, I only managed the first 2 eps before giving up on it

Espy said:
Generally speaking, no, they just hype up the popular games (Nintendogs is in their top five rated games) =P But in this case, where it's not a huge title in Japan, then yeah, it's got to be good.
Famitsu is not ALWAYS correct.

Lupus Inu said:
Espy said:

Yeah they gave Nintendogs 40/40. And Vagrant Story, that game was so boring.

Lupus Inu said:
Espy said:

That was the general jist of my post :?

i so want this game, i have been keeping an eye on this since it was announced....and the fact that most of the same people who made Chrono Trigger, also made this game.
too bad i don't own a 360 eh? -_-

Espy said:
Lupus Inu said:
Espy said:

That was the general jist of my post :?
I know, but was just saying I know myself. >_>

As in not to sound biased and totally rely on what Famitsu says is good, as Nintendogs has got to be the most boring game on DS I've ever played.

Downloaded & had a few tries on it, seems pretty good from what I could play on the demo, it did feel like they overpowered the demo a little too much, I guess you could say it's a sort of spoiler playing so far into the game with all them spells & skills :shock:.

I've not played many RPG's at all, so I can't compare it to much.

Back