Blooming Tea

Wow... That was certainly entertaining to flick through, but how is it done, is that a natural reaction and it makes actual tea?

I've heard of these from a friend, I've not seen pictures of it yet though, so this is cooler than I thought it would be.

On an unrelated note, nice Hoegaarden glass, I wish I still had mine. :(

The tea is wrapped in a ball and tied with a long leaf strip at the bottom. As it absorbs the hot water and starts to expand the tea is pushed apart at the top causing the bud to unfurl and the flower to come out.

Blooming tea is amazing. There's a tea shop here in Edinburgh that sells about 10 different kinds, and they serve them in a glass teapot so you can watch them bloom.

Tea maniac here o/

I've got myself a transparent teapot, just for flowering teas =) BTW, a trick I learned from anime, green and white teas are better if you don't pour them straight into boiling water. Use water about 80C and leave them to infuse for 2 ~ 3 minutes.

If the white / green tea tastes bitter, it's because you burnt it.

Ps. he anime mentioned above was "Oh my goddess". Although it may have been the manga rather than the anime and I'm mixing things up.

yeah most likely the manga since I've seen the anime a few times myself. I've never tried many green/white teas other then try some bags that just say "green tea" . I made the error of eating it with something, was like the opposite of port

Back