Black Cat

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
Anyone following Black Cat? Opinions? Having been following a few blog entries and being impressed with the artistic animation, I get the feeling that I should have perhaps given this series more than 2 minutes to impress me ;)

* Just as a note, I'd rather not here about how the manga story is better than the anime adaptation.

I haven't read the manga but have been following it from the off, and its a bit average ish and generic, but watchable. Its starting to get better though, the last episode at the time of writing (5) especially had some big plot developments, and a good cliffhanger.

Dunno about you Paul but I find the Opening to be quite impressive :)

i downloaded episode 1 but due to the bad ratings people game it (because of the manga i think) i've not watched it

but since u think its good paul i'll give it a shot

I've been watching it when I have time, and the first few episodes don't really endear themselves to me. It's all a tad generic, attempting to be some sort of shounen jump show with a Bebop-style twist. The animation is variable as only Gonzo can be, ranging from noir-ish wonder to the more common generic style shots.

In fact, it could be said to be like a watered down Cowboy Bebop. Observe the main cast:

Train, bounty hunting gunman with a past in a syndicate
Sven, his older, former police officer, companion
Rinslet, an unpredictable, manipulating feeme with underworld contacts
Eve, a young girl who is quite different from the norm
Creed, a partially bishounen former collegue of Train's, who happens to be the villain
The "other one," a woman from Train's past who he obsessed over.

Sounds like something else at all? :lol:

Back