Birmingham MCM Expo news

Peachy

Bumpkin
- First announcement of the day: One Piece - Strong World. This tenth One Piece movie will be released on June 30th on DVD and Blu-Ray.
- The first nine One Piece films will also be coming to the UK on DVD. The eighth One Piece movie will be dubbed, all other films will be subtitle-only.
- Ghost in the Shell: Arise has been licensed for a UK release. More details in the future.
- The original Ghost in the Shell film will be released as a Blu-Ray Steelbook Edition.
- Attack on Titan Part 1 - release date is September 15th on DVD, Blu-Ray and Collector's Edition.
- The Attack on Titan Part 1 Collector's Edition will include a bonus DVD with over 100 minutes of extras, 24-page booklet and a special box. No confirmation of pricing for the Attack on Titan Part 1 Collector's Edition as yet - it will be competitively priced though.
- Evangelion 3.33 is currently slated for an August release as it stands.
- No confirmed date for Psycho-Pass' UK release yet - it'll definitely be before the end of the year.
- Confirmation that as it stands, there will be no complete series collection for Sword Art Online at the request of the licensor.

credit: https://twitter.com/ukanime

Re: Birmingham MCM Expo news (on-going)

Thanks Danielle :)

The GITS announcements make me happy!

edit - Septmeber for Attack on Titan seems ages away :/

That's okay! :3

Isn't is usually a three month rule from US > UK? That would explain it if it's the case but yeah, seems so long ...

I hope the collectors box comes with a place to put part two.

I knew they'd pick up Arise, guess this is a good time to finish SAC.

I'm little bit disapointed at the Attack on Titan 'Collectors Edition' though, but that might just be because I'm comparing it to the US one. Hope the second part contains the OVA.

Attack on Titan CE has 100 mins of extras on a DVD just for that edition? Hope they're not removing the existing video extras from all the USA editions, putting them on a DVD and making it CE only. That would be really annoying.

No date for Psycho Pass yet either, only "definitely before the end of the year" :/ Manga UK want me to spend my money on US anime.

Considering taking a bite and getting the singles for SAO, I was hoping for a collection but I feel like the licensers (is that even a word?) aren't going to budge.

Excited for all the GITS news!

The One Piece movie news is pretty interesting - I guess this means Funi definitely have no plans for the missing movies in the near future?

If they weren't going to be PAL conversions I would be very tempted.

R

Ha! ta :p

UKAnime's on site report confirms a slot for part 2 of the AOT CE

"The panel also brought more news regarding Attack on Titan's release - the first volume will be released on September 15th 2014 in DVD, Blu-Ray and Collector's Editions. The Collector's Edition package contains an additional DVD with over 100 minutes of bonus footage, a 24-page booklet and a box with space for the second volume of the series. The second half of Attack on Titan should be released before the end of 2014."

- http://www.uk-anime.net/newsitem/MCM_Bi ... nd-up.html

Dannielle said:
Considering taking a bite and getting the singles for SAO, I was hoping for a collection but I feel like the licensers (is that even a word?) aren't going to budge.
Its Aniplex so I doubt they will budge.

Shame about the lack of date for Psycho Pass. Still not sure at the moment whether to wait on Manga for their AOT release.

My thoughts on the MCM news:
- First announcement of the day: One Piece - Strong World. This tenth One Piece movie will be released on June 30th on DVD and Blu-Ray.
Nice for the UK fans, I already own Strong World and it's a great film.
- The first nine One Piece films will also be coming to the UK on DVD. The eighth One Piece movie will be dubbed, all other films will be subtitle-only.
I knew they had plans but I'm surprised it's going to happen. I wish they were a combo pack though but I might pick-up these PAL DVDs (I'm getting Film 8 from Funimation instead for Blu-ray reasons).
- Ghost in the Shell: Arise has been licensed for a UK release. More details in the future.
Took their time on this one but how are they going to handle this? Release sub-only PAL DVDs then the standard bilingual BD? Guess it's up to Funimation.
- The original Ghost in the Shell film will be released as a Blu-Ray Steelbook Edition.
Biggest surprise and probably the only one I'll go and get, as long as it's the 2D version not the 2.0 CGI version already released.

EDIT: Confirmed via interview that the Steelbook release is based on the 2D version, NOT the 2.0 release. 'Cool extras'.

- Attack on Titan Part 1 - release date is September 15th on DVD, Blu-Ray and Collector's Edition.
Great for the UK fans, but not for the importers.
- The Attack on Titan Part 1 Collector's Edition will include a bonus DVD with over 100 minutes of extras, 24-page booklet and a special box. No confirmation of pricing for the Attack on Titan Part 1 Collector's Edition as yet - it will be competitively priced though.
If that bonus DVD is every extra from the Funimation release, then they will probably lose some sales on that one. The special box will no doubt be the basic box used for the Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood Collection sets.

EDIT: Interview states Collector's Edition is Blu-ray only and the extras are on DVD because apparently they are standard definition. No steelbook in the works.

- Evangelion 3.33 is currently slated for an August release as it stands.
I still don't understand the logic with Funimation for this delay. They wanted more theater spots but they haven't said anything about it since January so that reason spells BS. Just release the damn set so that AU and UK can release theirs for flip sake.
- No confirmed date for Psycho-Pass' UK release yet - it'll definitely be before the end of the year.
Obviously the same reason that Attack on Titan had, creating PAL masters considering the US and AU release will use the Funimation NTSC discs.
- Confirmation that as it stands, there will be no complete series collection for Sword Art Online at the request of the licensor.
While it's upsetting for a lot of people, why didn't Manga release an artbox to fit all four volumes together like Australia did?

So overall the news was as good as last year, a lot of surprises and some unfortunate delays. It's great news for most of the UK fanbase but they're probably saving the best for the May MCM event. Regarding the Namco panel, extremely annoyed that they've chosen GAME over Amazon for the pre-order bonus with Short Peace.

Exciting to hear that Attack On Titan is coming. Slightly annoyed to hear features are only going to be on the bonus DVD. Couldn't they be on the Blu-Ray (as I'm assuming Funi's will?). Shame the steelbook idea didn't pan out for it. I need to learn to become patient and restrain myself from importing.

Ghost In the Shell steelbook will compliment my Ninja Scroll and Akira ones nicely. Manga confirmed on the UK-Anime interview that it is the original, not 2.0. Shame they didn't release a classic film last year in a steelbook though. I'll consider GITS Arise if it's a decent price.

Psycho Pass is sure taking its time. Tempted to pick them up from Amazon USA as they are $30 each.

Good for One Piece fans to get the movies. Shame they couldn't do a Blu-Ray collection, but understandable on Manga's part. I enjoyed the few episodes of the series I watched, but couldn't commit to over 600+ episodes so will pass on these.

Elaniel said:
Exciting to hear that Attack On Titan is coming. Slightly annoyed to hear features are only going to be on the bonus DVD. Couldn't they be on the Blu-Ray (as I'm assuming Funi's will?). Shame the steelbook idea didn't pan out for it. I need to learn to become patient and restrain myself from importing.

Funi release all their titles as BD/DVD combos as a rule where BD is available. It might be that the Funi BDs won't have extras either, especially as their packaging is BD AB and DVD 1,2,4, which is why Manga are doing the whole PAL DVD authoring thing in the first place.

Original GITS steelbook, might get this if it's a good transfer. If it turns out to be that shoddy version that came on the same disc as 2.0, then I'll pass.

Emulsion said:
Original GITS steelbook, might get this if it's a good transfer. If it turns out to be that shoddy version that came on the same disc as 2.0, then I'll pass.

There's a proper HD version that was released in Japan which I heard from Mangaranga is much MUCH better than the 1080i upscaled version that was on 2.0. My guess is that they're using the JP BD version.

Excited for most of the news. I will wait for AoT and buy the collectors edition for sure. I will wait for Psycho-Pass too since I have already watch it anyway. Dont really care about GITS steelbook actually but its always good and I am not a One Piece fan so dont really care BUT its good for the UK fans for sure.Oh and GITS Arise!!!!! Thats great news indeed!!!

Manga have the first 9 movies of One Piece. that's quite a feat as i don't know if Funi have that. Either way, this means i can own movie 6. Without a doubt the best One piece movie of the bunch.

What about MVM? I thought they were gonna say something too.... not to mention AL but since Andrew is, aparently, in Japan...

Back