Big ADV UK sale for one week; now - anime DVDs going for £1

Mine arrived today so hats off to whoever's left minding the store for posting it.

I only had time to buy just the one disc, but that's what you get for being at work all day and missing the bargains! :p

That's it, I'm seriously going to have a mental breakdown if nothing turns up tomorrow... It's annoying the hell out of me now. Patience I have not.

Aion said:
That's it, I'm seriously going to have a mental breakdown if nothing turns up tomorrow... It's annoying the hell out of me now. Patience I have not.

Considering you ordered 32 DVDs, I'm more worried about your postie.

38*

Three different orders, so they won't come together. I'm worried they've sent them to the wrong address or something since nothing from 3 different orders has turned up.

At least you were lucky enough to order something...I totally missed this.

But saying that, you wouldn't be lucky if they didn't arrive.
I'm sure they will eventually though.

Maltos said:
At least you were lucky enough to order something...I totally missed this.

But saying that, you wouldn't be lucky if they didn't arrive.
I'm sure they will eventually though.

I would've missed it myself if not for someone called sasari posting about the flash sale on AVforums. While I was annoyed to have missed out on the uber bargains offered on the 22nd, I was happy to have had chance to get what I could on the 23rd.

I'm hopefully worrying over nothing... My worry isn't being helped by ADV not responding to emails sent to info@ADV and Chris, the only ADV person who's ever answered an email, having no part in this sale. I've checked all 3 receipts (I took screen caps of them) and my address is correct on all 3, so the mistake is at ADV's end if they have sent them elsewhere.

Stop freaking out over this, you'll get them in time. I still haven't received my 30-DVD order.

I find it hard to believe you were lecturing me about patience just a few days ago.

Espy said:
Stop freaking out over this, you'll get them in time. I still haven't received my 30-DVD order.

I find it hard to believe you were lecturing me about patience just a few days ago.

I'm only ever serious when I'm complaining - This is something you learn about me fairly quickly. :p

At least you got the chance to reverse the roles we played earlier.

I got my second stash of DVD’s yesterday. Very pleased but I’m seriously running out of room for them all.

@ Aion. I guess this is some example of Sods law or tempting fate or perhaps just good old irony. :p

We must be due some more collection photographs soon. I expect they’ll all be very ADV dominated now!

In order to keep my daily updates going, I'm still at 0/3 and 0/38 in total.

Everyone else who's posted has received at least part of their orders by now... I'm getting more and more anxious/annoyed with every passing day.

Does anyone have an email for ADV that actually gets a response? I know Chris@ADV does (sent him a hopeful email) but he's not handling this sale.

Aion said:
Everyone else who's posted has received at least part of their orders by now...
Nope, still got nothing here. I just did one big order so hopefully when it comes it'll be in one shot.

Perhaps this will be of interest, someone from the NEO forums got this reply a couple days ago:
ADV Email wrote:
advfilms.com
Sent: 12 February 2008 12:22:10

We have closed our warehouse and all orders are now being dealt with by head office in London. There is only a handful of staff in the London office and they are trying to process over four hundred orders as quickly as possible, whilst also working on all of the legal and business work required to shut down the company. They have already cleared over a hundred orders, the rest will be sent over the course of next week, as they will know longer have sufficient staff to fulfill the orders after next Friday. Please rest assured that you will get your items soon. Please e-mail your request to [email protected] <mailto> Sorry for the inconvenience. Chris Jones.A.D.V. Films.
Meantime I'll just keep waiting. *sleeps*

Thanks, good to know I'm not the only one with nothing to show for a £60 credit card bill after 3+ weeks.

Yeah, it's been posted before. It basically means there will be nobody to complain to after next Friday, no matter if the DVD's arrive or not - Chris has made the situation more worrying if anything with that info. I see a difficult path ahead if none arrive or there are problems.

Well, I've still got over 60 odd disks still to turn up :)
I'll give Hugh a poke again, but chances are he's up to his arm's in legal stuff.
As that post above says though, they still have over a week to get all the orders processed.

They might be handling the orders in terms of sheer volume, hence leaving the biggest dispatches until last. And Fellistowe... 60 DVDs?! That's the highest number I've heard yet, can anyone top that?

Paul said:
They might be handling the orders in terms of sheer volume, hence leaving the biggest dispatches until last. And Fellistowe... 60 DVDs?! That's the highest number I've heard yet, can anyone top that?

My 38 DVD order isn't 1 order; there are 3 orders - 11 DVD's in my 1st, 20 DVD's in my 2nd and 7 DVD's in my 3rd.

Thanks for your answer to my PM, Felli. I'll wait to see if you can find out anything and *try* to have some patience... I'd be going crazy if I was waiting for 60!

Paul said:
And Fellistowe... 60 DVDs?! That's the highest number I've heard yet, can anyone top that?

umm, I did say my order was £171 quid didn't I?
I think there was over a hundred disks when I ordered...

EDIT: tell a lie, just found the receipt, including disks in box sets, 95 disks in total

My 2nd order (20 DVD's) FINALLY turned up in 2 packages today. :eek:

I'm still waiting for the stuff I ordered in my first order and 1 DVD in particular from my 3rd; my 5 Gilgamesh DVD's. That's the only series I actually want to watch any time soon.

Back