Big ADV UK sale for one week; now - anime DVDs going for £1

Ushio said:
Think my order was 24 discs. It's been so long I forget! :eek:

And no, still had nothing come yet. :cry:

Take heart from the fact half f my DVD's finally turned up today. Monday might your day. :)

I always take print screens of my order receipts when ordering from ADV. It's stupid how you aren't allowed to view any information about your orders on the site itself... To make matters worse, they take money from you instantly even for pre-orders and only had Chris for CS.

Aion said:
I always take print screens of my order receipts when ordering from ADV. It's stupid how you aren't allowed to view any information about your orders on the site itself... To make matters worse, they take money from you instantly even for pre-orders and only had Chris for CS.

I found that puzzling as well, it's almost a given for even the smaller sites. Luckily i wrote down my order number otherwise i'd have nothing to prove my order.

I ordered around 45 or so DVDs (like Ushio, i think, been a while now) and haven't received any so hopefully i'll get some next week. I seem to be the only one without any of their order. :(

Received 2 of my DVDs today, waiting for the other 30+ DVDs to arrive. Hopefully, they'll get here early next week.

I also received my order today; 18 DVD's coming in 2 packages of 9 each. I picked up all of Chrono Crusade; discs 2, 3 and 5 to 7 of Last Exile; discs 2 to 4 of Pretear and all of Najica Blitz Tactics. I also got the first disc of Pretear in the post from Play today, which was a stroke of good timing. The gaps in Last Exile were filled a few weeks ago when I spotted them at £13 each in HMV. :mrgreen:

I ended up paying full price for the 7th disc of Chrono Crusade as I failed to notice that the price had not been reduced in the clearance. Given the overall bargain of everything else though, I'm not exactly about to complain. There was some else intriguing about my order: the sleeve for Chrono Crusade disc 3 is signed by Greg Ayres (who voiced Chrono) and Monica Rial (who voiced Fiore). I'm not quite sure how I've ended up with a signed copy, though once again I'm certainly not complaining.

Anyhow, I guess this is a sign that the bulk of orders have started arriving, so those still waiting can put a little hope into their goods arriving in the next week or so. :D

angeliclayer.jpg

Hey, my Anglic Layer dvds finally came! I was honestly expecting them all to be in CD wallets but to my surprise they were fully sealed R2 dvds!
I found the 2nd and 7th dvds on sendit for £4.89 each after i recieved these so all in all i made a pretty good saving!

*Edit* after looking back through the posts i cant believe people have bought so much! £60 on odd volumes? That would drive me crazy hunting down the ones I'm missing!

As of yet, my remaining 2 orders (1 for 7 DVD's and the other for 11 DVD's) haven't turned up. I'm feeling more patient after 20 of my DVD's arrived, though.

What's annoying me more right now is that a game imported from America for a total of £31 hasn't turned up. He sent it on the 7th, and he did send it since he showed me his receipt. -_-

Fellistowe said:
A quick reply from Hugh from my poke for info:

"All but 22 orders have now been fulfilled."

So if you haven't got your stuff by now, it'll be there soon!! ;)
There's hope for me yet! Thanks for the info. :D

Espy said:
I made an order on play-asia that hasn't arrived yet. It's been a fortnight by now, should have arrived.

Providing it was sent by air mail and below the customs limit of £18, yes.

Maybe there's a backlog they need to get through at customs at the moment?

I have yet to get mine... 37 dvds. :(

I also tried to email Hugh just now and got it returned to me. Also noticed the ADV site has gone down. This does not make me feel warm and fuzzy inside :?

butch-cassidy said:
I have yet to get mine... 37 dvds. :(

I also tried to email Hugh just now and got it returned to me. Also noticed the ADV site has gone down. This does not make me feel warm and fuzzy inside :?
I'm still waiting here too. There's still a few of us hardcore left! :lol:

I sent my first e-mail to them yesterday which was their info@ address. It wasn't slung back to me either so I guess they must have got it if you want to try that one.

Both my remaining orders were delivered by the postie today. :)

All orders are sent 2nd Class, btw - That's another reason behind the slow speed.

All 4 of my parcels arrived today so i'm very pleased! :)

Even more-so because i had totally forgot i'd ordered Rune Soldier Vol 1, 2, 3, 4, & 6 so that was a nice surprise.

I also ended up with 2 signed DVD's as well.
Like MasterStorm, i got Chrono Crusade Vol 6 signed by Greg Ayres (Chrono) and Monica Rial (Fiore). I also got their sigs on Full Metal Panic Vol 6 where they voice Shinji and Kyoko respectivly. They also signed their charecter names under their own sigs. Very cool bonus to receive.

badtz maru said:
I ordered mine on 22/1/08 and still haven't received it yet and tried ringing them up but no answer so I just emailed them. Everyone received theirs yet?

Nope, I ordered mine on the 23rd. Hopefully they didn;t mistake the size of their inventory, and sell us non-existent goods. I keep expecting it to come, so haven't bothered to contact them yet. Suppose it's about time I did... :cry:

Back