Big ADV UK sale for one week; now - anime DVDs going for £1

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
I'm going to write a proper news post about this later this evening, but thought I'd give you guys a heads up:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

http://www.advfilms.co.uk/

ADV FILMS' WAREHOUSE BLOWOUT SALE FOR 1 WEEK ONLY!

FROM MONDAY TO MONDAY, ONE TIME ONLY BARGAINS WHILE STOCKS LAST

LONDON, UK, 21st JANUARY 2008

ADV Films is pleased to announce that you, the consumer, will be the beneficiaries of the corporate group's current streamlining: as operations are transferred from our own warehouse to a third-party distributor, we need to clear out the remaining stock, and so we're putting it on sale this week only.

From today Monday 21st January up until the end of Monday 28th January, titles throughout our extensive catalogue will be on sale from £1 up, but only while stocks last! Once titles are sold out, we will not be restocking them, so get your orders in early on to avoid disappointment and take full advantage of these outrageous rock-bottom prices. Titles in the sale include:

Area 88
Angelic Layer
Aquarian Age
Azumanga Daioh
King of Bandit Jing
Chrono Crusade
Cromartie High School
Colorful [note: license expires 31/01/08]
Dai Guard [note: license expires 31/01/08]
DN Angel
Divergence Eve
Excel Saga [note: license expires 31/01/08]
Full Metal Panic! & FUMOFFU
New Fist Of The North Star
Get Backers
Gilgamesh
Gravion
Kino's Journey
Rune Soldier
Last Exile
Madlax
Mahoromatic
Mezzo
Mazinkaiser
Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi
Najica
Noir
Peacemaker
Pretear
RahXephon
Samurai Gun
Shadow Skill
You're Under Arrest [note: license expires 31/01/08]
Yugo The Negotiator
Zaion

About ADV Films

ADV Films is the leading producer-distributor of Japanese animation ("anime") in the United Kingdom, with the firm's holdings including such premier titles as Neon Genesis Evangelion, Spriggan, Samurai X, RahXephon, Hellsing, Full Metal Panic! and Guyver: The Bioboosted Armor. Parent company, A.D. Vision, Inc., encompasses a multitude of complementary media divisions, spanning publishing, television, licensing and merchandising and continues to expand into new areas. Its Anime Network(tm) is America's first and only television network dedicated to bringing anime and anime-related programming to consumers nationwide via digital cable 24 hours a day. The company has two publishing arms: Newtype USA, the premier anime and manga monthly magazine, and ADV Manga(tm), dedicated to publishing graphic novels. A.D. Vision, Inc. maintains world headquarters in Houston, Texas, USA with additional studios in Austin, Texas and offices in Tokyo.

Obviously, this is all going through their official website: http://www.advfilms.co.uk/

Move quickly, I expect the more popular stuff will be disappearing rather sharpish.

Yeah, it looks like they are messing around with it at the moment. Give it a few moments and I'm sure it'll be back, I received this message at 6:15PM, so it's still relatively hot of the press.

Anyway, as for what to buy, I recommend: Azumanga Daioh, Cromartie High School, Kino's Journey, Last Exile and RahXephon. All of them are great series, especially Last Exile and Kino's Journey. Anyway, I'm considering going for Yugo The Negotiator when the shop's back online, I've heard a lot of good things about it.

I'll finish Last Exile and check out Cromartie and Gilgamesh I think - those two have been on my wishlist for ages. I can't recommend Kino's Journey enough though - it's really quite brilliant.

I don't get paid until the end of the month but at these prices I can't afford not to!

Awesome, I think I'm going to order vols. 3 - 6 of RahXephon and complete my collection. I really enjoyed the first two discs, but I couldn't find decent prices for the remaining volumes. £1, however, seems quite reasonable :p

Hmm... Full Metal Panic! is a first for me since I missed out on it last time It was on sale. I really want to own that series. Possibly Exile Saga and Azumanga Daioh if I can get the money together. Stupid Laptop taking more money than I actually have and stupid sale coming around when I have no money.

<3 ADV for doing such a sale any time of the year though.

As soon as the frickin' store comes back.. My mate is ordering me Full Metal Panic! & Fumoffu. Hurry up ADV! Me wants it.

Back