Votes: 0 0.0%
  • X

• X2

• Taktics

• Total voters
I voted IV due to it being the original great in my opinion. The characters were amazing even if it didn't have a very good lead bad guy. The story was so good it actually didn't bore be at all like the others did and I could (and still do) play it for hours, days even weeks at some point.

Second I would pick FFVII just because of great characters and a great story.

Thirdly I would pick VI just because of Kefka and Ceres. How amazing are those characters? If it weren't for them setting the standard for great video game characters and development I don't think gaming standards would be so high.

I have yet to find a FF in the main series that I have dislikes but I have low expectations for XII. I believe that it'll be the the game that will break the series or make it even more legendary if it's done correctly.

I don't know how you voted X-2 it sucks. It's way too easy for an FF game. I guess I'll have to go with X actually, the voices gave it more depth for me.

kingsley_k said:
I don't know how you voted X-2 it sucks. It's way too easy for an FF game. I guess I'll have to go with X actually, the voices gave it more depth for me.

I like my games simple, its pretty rare I actually finish a game. And X-2 was nice and simple. So I enjoyed actually getting through it, even if I didnt see everything.

X-2 wasn't too bad. The characters could have been better and music was icky but the story was pretty good and I think it was intended for young teens. Still I completed it and found it fun.

I still enjoyed X-2 but I like a challenge from games. That's why I've always bought FF games, i was just disappointed with it.

FF VII is by far the best.

Sephiroth is the best baddie ever

The story is just amazing

Jenova is such a cool word

plus ists got the best level up system (ie ap, exp)

didn't really get on with drawing spells or learning abilities like in 8 and 9 though the sphere and costume schemes certainly improved (a la X and X-2)

On a side note, is it true that the voice for Tidus in FFX is none other than the bloke who plays Fry in Futurama?

Tactics was my favorite (why the "k" btw?). Shame Europe was subject to the Black Death at the time, hence Square never actually released it here. I guess no-one else here went and imported it? You're missing out. Great characters, great political/war story and by default it's better simply because FF games - when you get down to it - aren't actually there for the "playing".

In normal FF games you run around (actually that's gloryfying it - you press up and down and move in various directions waiting for the screen to spin away), get into fights, select menu options and get told a story. In Tactics, you actually have to think about the positioning of your characters, and the battle system is just so much more worth playing. All we have left now is Tactics Advance which was pretty meh. The Battle System was fun, but the judge cards idea was awful... and the story... what story? At least they got the main character right I suppose (woo androgenity!)

FF6 is my favorite main series FF. Better story and characters than the rest IMO. FF10 was bareable at best and FF10-2 was so dull that I played it once and shelved it for 3 months before I could bring myself to remember that I'd actually borrowed it from someone. To be fair though, FF games are so samey that your idea of which one is better is effected more by the order in which you play them than by their actual individual quality. Though I really wish there was a way to turn the voice acting off... or that they'd give us the Japanese audio track!

Tessai said:
On a side note, is it true that the voice for Tidus in FFX is none other than the bloke who plays Fry in Futurama?
Nope, just a typical misunderstanding by a fanbase that is still convinced that Aeris can be resurrected by defeating the Cheese Weapon by mating the Rainbow Chocobo with the Ultra-Moogle Chocobo crossbreed. Tidus is: James Arnold Taylor Fry is: Billy West . You can tell this for yourself by the fact that hearing Fry doesn't make you want to stab yourself in the ears, whereas Tidus is more alike to having a double labotomy than hearing someone professionally voice "acting".

This mistrivia is the result of the fact that John Di Maggio is Bender, Kimarhi and Wakka.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol I will list all the FF games I've played and why I chose VIII as my fave :D

VI - Apart from that the PAL Playstation version has appalling load times and HUGE borders as with all the FF games - I enjoyed it. It has good music, an interesting plotline and a female lead character! Which is always a plus for me. 7/10

VII - Amazing when it first came out and I'm sure we all remember that scene with Aeris. It has a good plot but it's somewhat like Akira and severely overrated. It's a good game but not the best - Because.. 8/10

VIII - Steals the crown and 0wns it! Mature storyline, more realistic character models and a much more interesting Fantasy world puts this above the rest of the Final Fantasys. I found all the characters likeable apart from Rinoa who gets her two pence worth at the end Lol. 9/10

IX - It had so much going for it but it ends up flat on it's face! Just copy Legend Of Legaia's mist idea and not explain about..infact don't even explain how the last boss came about! The plotline is enjoyable but basic and lacking. I didn't like Zidane very much :( 7/10

X - Probably second best in my opinion! Tidus was annoying though but I suppose we have to put up with these things. :wink: I wish Spira was more futuristic not some backwords world! It is similar to VIII in terms of characterisation and design. I liked the blitzball minigame but I only spent 180 hours on this to get Yuna 1337 stats. :twisted: 8/10

X-2 - Yay! Fun! Charlie's Angels mixed with Spira and you get FFX-2. Everyone is much more upbeat and Yuna finally gets some backbone and now she isn't so bad! Story was well.. poor in terms of epicness but the battle system more than made up for that. The girl's choice of Final Fantasy although not mine lol. 8/10

X-2: International - An improved version with battle tournaments, capturing and extra dress spheres! Ever wanted Brother and 'him' on your team? Well now you can! I like Festival Goer dress sphere, Yuna looks cute and Rikku 0wns with her goldfish bowl okay? lol. 8.5/10 (due to the extra features!)

I enjoy all the FF games though, VIII just was amazing in everyway :D

But Square-Enix better get their act together whehn it comes to PAL conversions of the games. All the borders on the FF games are hideous and there is no excuse when other companies have the decency to put 60HZ. Probably I will import FFXII once it gets released in the US.. no more slow-motion Tidus for me anymore. :evil:

I have FF: Tactics but have not had the chance to play it so therefore cannot give my opinion. :(
________
Vaaapp

Tessai said:

Fry is voiced by Billy West. Tidus is voiced by James Arnold Taylor, the guy who replaced the original Ratchet for Ratchet & Clank 2&3.

Something else to moan about FF wise. The "rule of three females". No matter how many male characters there are, there are invariably always 3 female characters (FF6 has about 14 characters. 3 are female.). Of all the FF games, the only one that springs to mind with more than 3 female playable characters is FF9: and then Beatrix is only playable for one 2 minute sequence anyway. Tactics is a minor exception, but I think there are only 3 "named" female characters.

Worse still, there are only really 3 types of female character:
1) Healer-Summoner main love interest. Seemingly virginal
2) The repressed, far more violent one. Fists, Whips, Black Magic. Talk in shorter sentances than everyone else, keeps their feelings to themselves.
3) The "young spunky one". The cause of comedy, is themself always the positive smiley one.

Any exceptions are just one type mixed in with one of the others. Rarely are female characters in anyway actually interesting. That FFX-2 overturned this formula somewhat is a point in its favour, but on the flip-side:

"the relatively normal love sick one"
"the goth chick"
"the ethnic sporty one"

FFX-2's cast aren't so much a charlies angels rip off to me, because, it seems they stole them from a Jaqueline Wilson novel instead. Final Fantasy X Girls in Love. Terra Celes and Relm would beat them in a fight anyway ^^

Well, I've been FF-obssessed for a long time. My favourites are definatly Tactics, IX and VI, with IV and V coming in after those three.

IX because it has a better villain than VII, the setting and storyline invoke a completly magical atomosphere, the side quests are the best, especially all the hidden locations, and the character designs and beautiful. And the music is my favourte of the series.

T because it is the difficult FF game and it is more difficult than the rest, and has the best plot. It also has a better villain than FFVII.

VI because, well, Kefka, and it has the most brilliant cast and gameplay.

In my opinion...FFX is the best of the lot...as Blitzball is quite fun to play...even if its the same result over and over(i win :p )....and of course...it has my fav characters in it...Rikku and Auron...FFX-2 was good but it was small and easy compared to FFX and i like long and challenging games....FFVII i haven't played enough of to say that it is my favourite....so thats why i haven't added that in

VII is so bl**dy brilliant! I luv it to pieces and I still play it now. I have a few reasons why it's so great, and they are:
Sephiroth
Cloud's hair
Cid Highwind
Vincent Valentine
Barret Wallace
Yuffie Kisaragi
Lol, ok they're not exactly reasons, but they're my favie chara's ever!! VI was fab too. It's characters were brill and so deep; and I think it really influenced FFVII. S-E should spend their money on a re-make of that instead of all the FFVII stuff they're doing. Anyway...62 DAYS TIL ADVENT CHILDREN!!! Yes, I know how sad I am for keeping a countdown ^__^

P.s. KEFKA ROCKS!!

Back