BEEZ to sign 7 new contract (Possibly Gundam Zeta?)

Neferpitou

Stand User
BEEZ have gave us some very nice info today on their twitter account. They are currently looking through 7 contracts which will be signed once they been thoroughly checked through. They also mention that you shouldn't be surprised to hear some Gundam Zeta news very soon.

BEEZ twitter Link

With BANDAI USA recently announcing the release of the Zeta Gundam Movie trilogy, Its possible that BEEZ are referring to the license Zeta Gundam Movies.

Zeta Gundam Movie trilogy R1 license news Link

topimgo.jpg

stuart-says-yes said:
Kirrimir said:
Anyone know what else they are signing?

Nothing has been announced yet, apart from the gundam zeta part

Even unsure on zeta part as it could be the Movies or the TV series. I would favour the movies though as with the timing them being licenses in America and 3 Movies being a safer bet than 50 episode show.

The rest could be anyone else guess. Could be something like Lucky Star, Ghost Slayers Ayashi or something older like Anime Legend release of show never released over here like Outlaw Star. Just have to wait and see :)

stuart-says-yes said:
hayate the combat butler or sayonara zetsubo sensei or spice and wolf are also possible I imagine

Hayate the Combat Butler maybe as it is a Bandai license.

Spice & Wolf is unlikely as it is a Funimation release while Sayonara Zetsubo Sensei is a Media Blasters license so that is unlikely as well.

Augh! The news that this could be the Zeta movies... doesn't do much for me. Thus proving that you just can't do right by some folks. :p

If we get Zeta Gundam over here, I'd rather it was the full series, personally.

Still, mucho praise for Beez in giving us UK Gundams fans something! And if it IS just the movies, i wouldn't rule out picking them up...

Intrigued as to the other licenses...

I'm hoping there is at least one thing I want to buy. That would make my day knowing there's more anime I can buy.
Can't wait to see what titles they have gotten.

An instant buy if its the Zeta movies, even though i've heard from some people that the series is still better (and doesn't mess with continuity at all since the movies do kinda kill most of the UC stuff till F91)

You wait ages for a Zeta Gundam, and three come along at once.

Err... I mean:

I'm going to be selfish and hope this is the movies, since I got tired long, long ago of waiting for a local series release and just got the Region 1s... May change my tune if they release the series without the crappy placeholder Opening / Ending tunes (bah Sedaka)... and I may also sit on my hands waiting for Blu-Ray releases that will never show their face, a circulatory limiting experience you may remember from such Gundam shows as Gundam 00 and Gundam Unicorn.

/strokes 00 and Unicorn Blu-rays

^_^

Stopped waiting/hoping for UK releases of *anything* about two weeks after I got my first DVD player over 10 years ago.

OK so its a safe bet that it's gonna be the Zeta: A New Translation movies which is good, finally Zeta available in the uk, I'd also say its a safe bet Gundam Unicorn will be announced as Europe are one of the only places yet to get it and Beez does Gundam for all of europe.
It'd be nice if one of the others was either Macross Frontier or Gundam ZZ.

Oh and i almost forgot, there's probably going to be Gundam 00 season 2 in the mix somewhere as well as it has started being released in the USA and all.

I'd LOVE it if one of the 7 turned out to be Macross Frontier - but it ain't gonna happen.

I think there was some chatter from Beez about Gundam 00 season 2 back along. Seems safe to assume we'll be getting that.

HdE said:
I'd LOVE it if one of the 7 turned out to be Macross Frontier - but it ain't gonna happen.

I think there was some chatter from Beez about Gundam 00 season 2 back along. Seems safe to assume we'll be getting that.

Why macross frontier not a possibility, as far as im aware all other robotech series have been released and well considering how successful frontier was it wouldn't surprise me if it get confirmed for release sometime in the not to distant future

Lockon GN006 said:
as far as im aware all other robotech series have been released
Well yeah. The three early 80s anime series spliced together into Robotech in the first place have been, though only on Region 1. Everything else Macross released in Japan, with the exception of Manga's releases of Macross Plus and non-canon Macross II have been blocked. That's mainly just Macross 7 and Macross Zero, so it's always been assumed that Frontier would suffer the same fate...

I'm not quite so pessimistic, because I'd wager both 7 and Zero never made it westwards because, shock horror, prospective licensees actually watched them and realised they were absolutely bloody awful. People have managed to get past the licensing wall of fire that surrounds Macross before, and I believe that if someone sees the market there, they'll give it a try.

kupocake said:
Lockon GN006 said:
as far as im aware all other robotech series have been released
Well yeah. The three early 80s anime series spliced together into Robotech in the first place have been, though only on Region 1. Everything else Macross released in Japan, with the exception of Manga's releases of Macross Plus and non-canon Macross II have been blocked. That's mainly just Macross 7 and Macross Zero, so it's always been assumed that Frontier would suffer the same fate...

I'm not quite so pessimistic, because I'd wager both 7 and Zero never made it westwards because, shock horror, prospective licensees actually watched them and realised they were absolutely bloody awful. People have managed to get past the licensing wall of fire that surrounds Macross before, and I believe that if someone sees the market there, they'll give it a try.

I swear I saw all of the original series in region 2 in like 1 big box set before in region 2. Shadow Chronicles was released aswell and as far as I am aware the only one thats missing is the movie from '86 and frontier. I may be wrong though as I am no expert on robotech.

Lockon GN006 said:
I swear I saw all of the original series in region 2 in like 1 big box set before in region 2. Shadow Chronicles was released aswell and as far as I am aware the only one thats missing is the movie from '86 and frontier. I may be wrong though as I am no expert on robotech.
You are getting Robotech and Macross confused. The American rehash, Robotech, (which has two other unrelated series awkwardly bolted on) is available. But the proper Macross and most sequel/spin-offs are not available, due to licensing hell.

JohnC said:
Lockon GN006 said:
You are getting Robotech and Macross confused. The American rehash, Robotech, (which has two other unrelated series awkwardly bolted on) is available. But the proper Macross and most sequel/spin-offs are not available, due to licensing hell.

Fair enough, Just a bit confusing that one of those robotech rehash's is called macross XD

Back