BEEZ license Patlabor 2 for October UK DVD release

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
UK anime DVD publisher BEEZ have let us know that they have licensed classic mecha movie Patlabor 2 (directed by Mamoru Oshii of Ghost in the Shell fame). Their release will see both regular and special editions and is slated to hit UK stores on the 30th of October.

<ul class="menu">"Beez Entertainment is proud to announce the forthcoming release of Patlabor 2, both in normal edition and a special Collectors Edition release limited to a mere 1000 individually numbered units in the UK."

"The collectors edition sports a new cover designed by Yukata Izubuchi, a bonus DVD with "The Making of Patlabor 2 the Movie", a 300 page storyboard book from Mamoru Oshii translated into English and a 144 page book Archive of the movie, containing interviews, insights and more about the movie!"</ul>

Guyver 0 said:
what exactly is the difference?

"The collectors edition sports a new cover designed by Yukata Izubuchi, a bonus DVD with "The Making of Patlabor 2 the Movie", a 300 page storyboard book from Mamoru Oshii translated into English and a 144 page book Archive of the movie, containing interviews, insights and more about the movie!"

8D

Okay, I can't pre-order it yet because it hasn't been registered, but when it is, its on my list!

Oh yes oh yes oh yes if I were a Patlabor fan, de-da,da,do-do,de!

butch-cassidy said:
I will most certainly be getting it. Personally loved the Patlabour movies, its the price tag on these I’m not so keen on.
The limited ed is great for hardcore fans but personally I'll just be buying the cheaper, regular edition so I have money for other things (such as the first Patlabor movie! :p )

Kudos to Beez for another great title.

Laughing Manji said:
Hopefully it is remastered video at least. THe original manga releases are VHS transfers.

The one thing that let down that release I might add.

It should be remastered & restored, the first one released by Beez was (and I was chuffed). :)

I pre-ordered "my copy" (it technically won't be until its released and has been paid for, but you know what I mean) on Play.com yesterday .

It's £39.99 which is, rounded up, £8 cheaper than what Play.com charged for the first one (it may not seem much but that's actually quite a lot from my own perspective).

Most peeps, and myself included to a degree, would say its over priced (it is) but the first two Patlabor films aren't just top end animè from where I am, there both superb science-fiction films in their own right, so I'm willing to invest (not that I make a habit of spending this much on a single product you understand!).

I just realised according to the Animè UK News release schedule that the Collector's Edition of this film has been put back to the 20th November. Oh well.

That should mean in three weeks along with this, hopefully (again, hopefully!) should also get Neon Genesis Evangelion Platinum Boxset. It could be a red letter day for animè (as far as I'm concerned anyway).

Anyway...

So Collector's Edition has been delayed for a further two weeks. Shame. :)

If I didn't know any better, this reminds me of the loose release scheduling of the video game industry!

I watched my remastered R1 release of Patlabor 1 of this evening and WOW, massive improvement over my ****** letterboxed R4 NTSC-PAL release. The gorgeous remastered anamorphic transfer + the 5.1 track makes the film look and sound brand new.

I'm so glad that Bandai Visual took the rights for Patlabor 1&2 away from those douchebags Manga Ent.

Back