BATTLEFIELD 3

Voddas

Symphogear
BATTLEFIELD 3

I was suprised to find there doesn't appear to be a topic for Battlefield 3 on here guys! That may just be me though. I've been waiting for this game ever since I finally put down Battlefield 2 several years ago.

BF 3 is a modern warfare FPS which features several game modes that support 64 player matches (PC), 32 players for consoles. The game is set to be released on October 25, 2011 on all platforms.

Maybe you're unsure. or maybe you're more of a COD fan. Either way you can play the game for free as of the 29th September. They have released a Beta that will be running for 10 days. No strings attached and it's available on all platforms. Having pre-ordered the game I have 48hr early access to the Beta to which I have been hammering last night. It's a must see for all FPS fans. Did I mention it's free to try?

I am also in the 48hr early club but its a royal pain in the ass trying to get into a server.

Quick Match just sits and waits for hours without even getting you close to a server and when going to the actual server browser whenever you actually click on one its full instantly. Finally got into one this morning but as I was joining it kicked me saying "Server is changing map, please try again".

Tried the game in Alpha phase anyway so doesn't bother me until release really.

I never had an issue getting a server last night. I was at work so didn't actualy get on to play untill 11pm like. But no issues for me. Straight onto a sever every time. :/

Brother was on the Alpha but I never had a chance to get near it so this is all new to me. Loving it... though there are still a few bugs to work out.

From what i heard, some people felt like a couple of the maps where more Medal of Honor-like than Battlefield. Which i'm gathering is not the best of things to say on the matter. Vehicle combat was lacking in one of the vids i saw but it did look graphically fantastic i have to say.

I'm not sure if i'm going to get it yet though, i'd certainly splurge out here rather than modern warfare 3(since, i hate CoD), but we'll wait and see.

Nobody has seen the maps bar artists impression so far. I've never really played MOH so I can't really comment anyway. Maps are huge and there'll be jets! I've wanted jets in a multiplayer ever since BF2!

You should try the Beta Arby. There's no vehicles, but you'll get a feel for what the ground combat is like.

I am also pretty stoked for the single player game actually (bought a new PC partially in order to play it "properly"), but won't have much chance to play multiplayer unfortunately.

So, whats everyone's thoughts on BF3 then?

So far mine is that its buggy as hell and they don't seem to be addressing some of the major game play bugs (such as broken key binding re-mapping).
Also not enough people go Engineer with anti aircraft rockets, well on my team atleast.

Still only had a chance to play about an hour of the SP, and no MP. Should be able to change that tomorrow evening. It looks amazing, at least.

Ryo Chan said:
would be great if it didn't crash my pc every 10 mins

oh well new pc soon

You sure its your PC making it crash and not the game itself? As ive said, its bugged as hell so could just be that.

ilmaestro said:
Still only had a chance to play about an hour of the SP, and no MP. Should be able to change that tomorrow evening. It looks amazing, at least.

Is SP any good? Heard reviews saying it was very linear and straight forward. MP is fun, but just so full of bugs that it can sometimes make it unplayable.

Yeah, it is overly linear (like, if you even try to explore off the path you are supposed to take, the screen goes shaky and says "return to combat area... 5... 4... 3...), but it is good fun if you like the sort of military cinematic FPS stuff that has become CoD/MoH standard.

ilmaestro said:
I think if you already like the CoD series single player, maybe go with that. But I much prefer BF's style of multiplayer.

This.

I have heard that the new CoD is the same as modern warfare 2, though whether this is a bad thing is debatable after the BlOPS failure. Single player was always better in CoD though.

Back