Batman: Arkham City

Arbalest

黒い剣士
Batman fans rejoice, i bring to you, the first screens for the sequel to Arkham Asylum, Arkham City: http://epicbattleaxe.com/image-gallerie ... kham-city/

Also, for those interested, there WILL be multiplayer available, but in what way, noone knows. It does, however, look like you could play as Catwoman in this one. And still no signs of any other of the Bat family around. Damn does it look awesome though.

http://www.gametrailers.com/news/batman ... crets/2445 - for the news post on it over at GT. And also, for those that read OPM UK, it has a first look into the game.

I want it. Now.

Not E3 anymore, so I'll just put this here.

batman-arkham-city-20110620025207939.jpg

WHAT THE ****, ROBIN? YOU LOOK AWFUL!

He's a DLC playable character from BestBuy.

I know Robin's confirmed but holy ****snacks batman... that's... weird. Frankly I think it would be fine if his hair was normal. He also looks too old. Yes. Too old to begin the training! *hem* seriously, I figured the unreal engine would play havok with him a bit but he looks too skinhead-y for my tastes... I guess it's the style these days (Cole from Infamous, Starkiller from Force Unleashed, Alex Mercer from Prototype...probably, he had a hood but I doubt he had much hair.)

I was thinking of preordering from whichever UK store eventually got this, but now I think I'll go for the collection of webisode comics (which I'm assuming won't be in the Arkham City tie-in comic collection).

Has anyone been following those? Pretty good so far. I dig Carlos D'Anda's style, I got the mini comic with Asylum when that came out too. (For those not in the know, D'Anda did the illustrations for the glorious bios in Arkham Asylum).

hmm. The thing i'm wondering is, which Robin is it? Dick Greyson? Since, that looks a little too...off for him. Maybe one of the others, but yeah...it's not exactly what i was hoping for. I'll wait and see how he looks in gameplay videos which will surely appear soon enough, but i'm not holding much hope out.

The continuity they've built so far seems to be a fairly mainstream representation of it all, and the links to the Animated Universe makes me think it will likely be Dick - just never referred to as such. If they don't outright say (which if he's just for challenge maps, they won't) it'll be down as whoever voices him. Hrm.

Right, only reason i wonder is because there was originally rumours that Nightwing would be included, so if he was in it, then Robin would definitely not be Dick, as Nightwing would be instead. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Arbalest said:
hmm. The thing i'm wondering is, which Robin is it? Dick Greyson? Since, that looks a little too...off for him. Maybe one of the others, but yeah...it's not exactly what i was hoping for. I'll wait and see how he looks in gameplay videos which will surely appear soon enough, but i'm not holding much hope out.

Tim Drake, it's been confirmed...In the very article linked to by Jaymii.

Also full body shot:

batman-arkham-city-20110620041627252.jpg

Seeing him like that I'm more optimistic. So long as the buzzcut is dark it shouldn't weird me out too much. Also the link posted above said there'd be a Red Robin skin in addition, so maybe that one will be a different look?

Batman & Robin is renowned for being the shittiest Batman movie, ever and Forever is pretty whack but watchable. The animated series is the only time Robin has ever been liked and even then people just want Batman solo.

*quiet voice* I quite like Robin. (as long as he's wearing trousers anyway. If it's that freaky pants and elf boot combo you can just take that **** outside)

So long as he's not relied on I think he can be a good character. He and Nightwing were pretty well used in Hush.

Batman Forever was horrible too. I like George Clooney but the man could not pull off Bruce/Batman. While I'm at it, nipples on the Bat Suit? Really?

I'd have preferred they went with Nightwing, that Robin design reeks of brooding Damien Wayne. I doubt anyone familar will voice robin anyway, all the va's from back then would've broken puverty, which is why Nightwing would again be the more obvious choice.

Back