Banner Comp Original Picture

Charter_Mage

Pokémon Master
Since all the banners are up now i thought i would post a link to my original picture that i used to create the banner i submitted.
Here it is for anyone interested in taking a peek.

JamesX and mrscribble your banners look seriously good, i've been looking forward to seeing them. Who's is who's?
I wish mine matched up a little better, it's a shame i couldn't figure out how to use transparencies in time, looks like i've still got some work to do...

Have to say i do quite like your banner Charter, twas very nice, and the original image is great too. How long did it take to get the banner/original image finished?

Erm From what i remember, MrScribbles' banner is the one where Minako appears to be jumping down, and James is the one with the picture of Minako facing towards you.

Arbalest said:
Have to say i do quite like your banner Charter, twas very nice, and the original image is great too. How long did it take to get the banner/original image finished?
Thank you very much :D .
It took a while. Two days for the colouring and editing using The GIMP and Ultimate Paint. And maybe a week for the line art. The line art always takes me a long time, 90% of it is finished quite quickly then i get stuck on something and spend a week trying to finish the last 10%!

I really liked your banner when I first saw it, very nicely done, it's nice to see everyones banners around the website now =)

like Arby said mines the one with just the head facing forward.

Spyro201 said:
It's great but- my only complaint would be that it doesn't match up with the background =/
I know, i really hate that :cry: ! It stands out because all the others blend so well. I wonder if chaos will let me try and fix it...I think it needs a gradient.

Charter_Mage said:
Spyro201 said:
It's great but- my only complaint would be that it doesn't match up with the background =/
I know, i really hate that :cry: ! It stands out because all the others blend so well. I wonder if chaos will let me try and fix it...I think it needs a gradient.

Correct.

Yeah a gradient should be easy for you to put it. I'm sure Chaos will let you edit it. Just make an edit now, then send it to him saying like, you've added the gradient. I'm sure he'll prefer it.

Spyro201 said:

Hah that's precisely the reason that although i was a runner up my banner isn't getting used :p i made a blunder when i was i creating it.

BlackWolf said:
Spyro201 said:

Hah that's precisely the reason that although i was a runner up my banner isn't getting used :p i made a blunder when i was i creating it.

:lol:

Ah well.

BlackWolf said:
Spyro201 said:

you got too into it you mean blacky x3

Charter_Mage said:
JamesX said:
I made my gradient myself and just assumed it would link up if it was used
What image editing program do you use?

Photoshop CS3 - I didn't really see the point in upgrading to CS4 because it looked the same really.. not even worth the effort.

JamesX said:
Charter_Mage said:
JamesX said:
I made my gradient myself and just assumed it would link up if it was used
What image editing program do you use?

Photoshop CS3 - I didn't really see the point in upgrading to CS4 because it looked the same really.. not even worth the effort.

I have both and the differences are hardly noticable. I use CS4 cause it looks nicer though.

I was really impressed by all the entries, thanks for linking the full version :) your style is very pretty and I love her proud stance.

:thumb:

R

JamesX said:
I should probably invest in a proper image editing program, I've always been put off by the price! Though top of my list is probably a new Wacom tablet.

Also, thanks very much Rui. I really liked drawing her, maybe i will try drawing her in some other styles.

I just wanted to ask everybody how my banner looks now. I made some alterations to it (which I thought went ok), but every computer I view it on makes it look different.
On my computer it looks fine, on my sister's computer I can't see it at all, and on my school computer it looks like it has a white background!

Back