Banana Fish Episode 3

Not sure how to feel about the kiss being almost purely for plot reasons. Sure, I don't think there was no feelings behind it, but it being a plot device and not solely because of the romance did take away from it a little, or it will if an actual romantic kiss happens later in the series.

It seemed a bit too coincidental that Ash ended up in the same cell as his brothers friend, but that happens plenty in fiction so I'll forgive it. At the moment Ash is a bit pissed at him, but I guess they'll team up in the end.
Ash may trust Eiji, but he can't love him that much as he keeps dragging/sending him into trouble!

It hadn't occurred to me until now, but I'm surprised by the lack of any female characters in the show. Given that this is a shoujo adaptation, I'd have expected a self-insert figure for the main readership.

I just can't unsee Reinhard & Yang from Galactic Heroes.

Not sure how to feel about the kiss being almost purely for plot reasons. Sure, I don't think there was no feelings behind it, but it being a plot device and not solely because of the romance did take away from it a little, or it will if an actual romantic kiss happens later in the series.

I hope there will be too. Their relationship feels like a romantic progression would be a natural outcome. Ash learning to trust someone not only mentally but physically too? Yes please.

Back