Aya's Marker Attempts + Others =) -updated 11/2/14

Aya-Kun

Hunter
I thought i would post some of my work hope you like it, -to make it easier ive copied these posts from another fourm, but the pictures go in order-

hmm i got markers for x-mas so i thought i would give me ago, ive never used them before and have wanted to try them for a while so please excuse the crapness of this piece =) give me watercolour paints or pencils n im fine, markers i think will take a while to get used to.

its a picture of the hero from persona 3 -got a figure for x-mas so i thought i would draw him =)-

i know that there seems to be some bleeding with the line art -even tho i left it for ages too! annoying!, and i should have started with a light shade of blue for his hair like i did with his skin tones.

well any c&c's as welcome =) -picture was taken with a camera as i was to lazy to fumble with the scanner-

here another couple of attmepts

here is my 2nd and 3rd attempt at using markers the bottom left is the 2nd one i quite like how it came out i did take in to consideration all of the tips that every one gave me, this time i used a different fineliner to outline and i didn't get and bleed marks.

the top right one is my 3rd try this one hmmm i sort of bodged up when shading her skin so im not sure what i think of this one, i like it but not as much as the other one.

All comments and crits welcome. -used camara again, to much effort to fart around with my scanner-

Ill post the more recent ones in a bit please let me know what you thought of these ones

Not bad :) I've never thought about using markers though although i see packs of them all the time when i go into places like hobbycraft. I'm liking the first one (the guy from Persona 3) out of those, the shading is quite well done in my opinion.

I look forward to see more of your work :)

I got to admit, i like your style of drawing. On the note of shading, they are all very nicely done, and i wouldn't say there is much i notice wrong with the 3rd one. The shading on the face seems reasonable to me, specially as(to me) it looks like the shading progresses to get darker as it goes along which is something i try to do, or rather used to do when drawing.

I'd say good work overall, and it'd be great seeing more of your work up as well.

Don't be so harsh on yourself, those are some awesome pieces youhave there!I'm particularly impressed by the way that you managed to get such a brilliant skin tone whilst using markers,which I know from experience to be particularly trying!^_^;Looking forward to see some more of your work in the future!^__^

BlackWolf said:
Not bad :) I've never thought about using markers though although i see packs of them all the time when i go into places like hobbycraft. I'm liking the first one (the guy from Persona 3) out of those, the shading is quite well done in my opinion.

I look forward to see more of your work :)

Thank you, i only just got the markers for christmas and the first picture was my test one, i didn't know how i would get along with them, they are better than i expected them to be

Arbalest said:
I got to admit, i like your style of drawing. On the note of shading, they are all very nicely done, and i wouldn't say there is much i notice wrong with the 3rd one. The shading on the face seems reasonable to me, specially as(to me) it looks like the shading progresses to get darker as it goes along which is something i try to do, or rather used to do when drawing.

I'd say good work overall, and it'd be great seeing more of your work up as well.

Thank you =) I haven't long gone back into drawing proplerly ive had a really bad art block its only since ive got the markers that ive managed to get back in to things =), ya the shading does progresses to get darker as it goes along -its sort of hard to see with the pics as there taken with a camera was to lazy to scan them-, which is wat i wanted it to do, i just hada few issues when trying to do the shading if i make a mistake there is no going back to try and get rid of it.

evangelion rocks said:
Don't be so harsh on yourself, those are some awesome pieces youhave there!I'm particularly impressed by the way that you managed to get such a brilliant skin tone whilst using markers,which I know from experience to be particularly trying!^_^;Looking forward to see some more of your work in the future!^__^

Thank you, ya the skin tone bit was a bit tricky as i said above the first one was a test piece more than anything to see if i could get the skin colour right and which pens looked better, at the time i only had a limited number of colours but seem to have the right ones for skin tones. Ive brought a load more since christmas so i now have a wider range of colours to use.

Well thanks for your comments i will post some more tomorrow for you =)

I like the second images a lot. I couldn't use markers to save my life so you've done well to improve so quickly. The single coloured backgrounds are particularly nice, they make the pictures seem bigger without detracting from the characters.

Aya-Kun said:
Arbalest said:

Thank you =) I haven't long gone back into drawing proplerly ive had a really bad art block its only since ive got the markers that ive managed to get back in to things =), ya the shading does progresses to get darker as it goes along -its sort of hard to see with the pics as there taken with a camera was to lazy to scan them-, which is wat i wanted it to do, i just hada few issues when trying to do the shading if i make a mistake there is no going back to try and get rid of it.

Ahh, see thats part of the reason i've not drawn in the better part of 2-3 years, i've never been able to find any motivation to draw, nor any ideas i could put to paper. That and i'm usually too busy with university as well. I can see what you mean with shading, i've always been more of a sketch artist than one who colours my work, so its never gone past pencil shading for me.

ayase said:
I like the second images a lot. I couldn't use markers to save my life so you've done well to improve so quickly. The single coloured backgrounds are particularly nice, they make the pictures seem bigger without detracting from the characters.

Thank you =) i didn't think that i would take to markers so well either, i guess there just like using coloured pencils in a way and i use them all the time so i think thats why i can use them better than i thought i would.

Yes i like the single colour backgrounds as well as you say it doesn't detract from the character.

Arbalest said:
Ahh, see thats part of the reason i've not drawn in the better part of 2-3 years, i've never been able to find any motivation to draw, nor any ideas i could put to paper. That and i'm usually too busy with university as well. I can see what you mean with shading, i've always been more of a sketch artist than one who colours my work, so its never gone past pencil shading for me

Ya its really annoying when you can't seem to get the motivation, or the ideas like you say. Some times i can have them in my head but i can't get it out on to paper which is just as annoying.

ive done another picture, this is acutally my 5th attemp the 4th one went slighty wrong i tried something so small to detailed to quick but this attmept came out really well with the expection on the stupid brown mark in the sky stupid hand slipped.

let me know what you think =)

Thank you =)

here is another new picture, ya i know the anatomy is off i realized more so after i had already outlined it. I think im getting better at using them, i just seem to have issues with large spaces and getting streek marks

Let me know what you think =)

here is my newest picture, it has its issues, i really like how the girl herself came out but the water....well as you can see i had a few issues. Ive never really done anything like that with markers and i found it really hard.

All comments and crits welcome

this picture was acutaly done before the one above =)

Ive finaly finished the picture, A friend gave me the idea of using Shibuya crossing as a background. I did already try something out but ended up not liking how it was going, while i was looking for different pictures of Shibuya crossing i came across a great photo of just the legs of people still give the idea of busy, so i thought i would use the idea and this is the end result of it.

Let me know what you think im pleased with the out come of this picture. =) -hehe picture not take with a camera this time as you can prob tell-

chaos said:
mm, nice work Aya. Mind if I ask you how do you colour them?

Thank you choas. As for how i colour them by hand i use mostly letraset promarkers, but the last couple ive been using copic markers as well. At first i had trouble using them but im getting there with them i only started using them at christmas when i got a few of them but now ive got more colours and a wider range of them.

Wildcard said:
That's some fine work there, the colouring adds a lot to them too. My pick would be the lady with the Umbrella.

Thank you wildcard. Cool i love the unbrella one a lot to as well =). I like the colours that using markers gives.

New picture, done in markers again =) i love using them at the moment except im still not great with big areas i get streek marks which is annoying. Anyway this time is a gypsy girl dancer all comments and crits welcome =)

BlackWolf said:
That's a nice drawing :) i quite like the detail and the clothes themselves. I also especially like the face. Good work :thumb:

JamesX said:
Really nice work there, The clothes are nicely done and really detailed. Smile

Thank you ~huggles~ I always try to add a little detail or something to the clothes to give it something extra

Anyway here is my newset pic that i just finished this is acutally a re-drawing of a drawing i did about 2 years ago for my final project at college, i couldn't think of anything else to draw at the time so i would give it another go, its based in the grimms fairy tale Little Brair Rose which is basicly Sleeping Beauty -here is the original picutre http://kai-is-mine.deviantart.com/art/Grimms-Little-Brair-Rose-35438201 sorry about the size-

I like it, another good work Aya-Kun :thumb: :) i lke the pose a lot, its something i've been dabbling with (to limited success) Nice job on the background of clouds as well.

More really good work Aya-Kun :) - I have to say, I really like the Girl entirely, Pose, Clothes and all.. Your clouds are really great too.

Thank you all for your kind words as always, its always nice to know that people like my stuff =) ~huggles~

Here is my newset picutre ~sorry about the colours the stupid scanner seemed to fade them they look better for real~, i like how it came out, my only real issue is the background ~i hate backgrounds~ and here hands, god why are hands so hard.

Back