AUKNites Tattoo's

Tachi

Mushi-shi
Hey, just a thread regarding the tattoos that you (AUKN members) have and maybe your reason for having them?

Me personally, i'm looking into getting my 3rd tattoo next weekend. The Tattoo is the japanese word for family (Kazoku - 家族 ) My reason for getting the tattoo comes from various paths, i have always been very family orientated and only in the past few years have i decided that independance is also a big part of my life as i grow up, to show that no matter how far i might physically go from my family as the years take me, i will always be there with/for them. The other reason is that it ties in well with my love for the orients, i've wanted to travel to japan and walk through gardens with japanese heritage all around, i eat their food and try most things atleast once because lifes too short not to. Anime ties in too, its basically the whole thing of the orients that interest and appeal to me.

My current tattoos are a tribal band around my left bi/tricep, not much reason behind this one, i've had the chance to get a tattoo since i was 16 (parents allowed me the choice) but i spent years thinking it over and in the end decided that i'll get one, but it has to be something i'm happy to have with me forever.... which lead to further waiting and thinking it over, i liked it and got it done.

The second is one me and the family have all got together, we sat down together and drew it up, decided upon and finally had it tattoo'd onto us. It is as close as we could possibly get to our boxer dog Byron's Paw print who passed 5/1/11 and mine and my dads have his name below the paw, my mum and sister have a paw and just the B. But the font is personalised and looks really good together, a memorial tattoo of someone (yes he never thought of himself as a dog, more as a human) who was there through the possibly hardest times in a persons life; the transition between being a child to a teenager and the jump from teenage years to becoming an adult. Truly mans best friend and i smile whenever i think of him.

So what about you guys?

I feel like you should of named us AUKNights, cuz of our history.

Personally, I've always thought about it myself. Before I do, I'd best find out who'd be best to do so in my area, for the work I may suggest.

I think I would have a "blank" version of the Fate franchise logo on me somewhere, most likely on my back, between the shoulders. This is the most likely one for me, but I may just put on my right shoulder as a second thought.
I am a major fan of the whole story behind it, but aside from that, it is a very nice design that I think would be awesome as a tattoo.

I was also thinking of one with some sort of portrait of Ukitsu as well, but I've yet to think of anything for that.

thebrand2.jpg

I still want it, not sure where though.

Done, after alot of searching the web and then changing the design and personalising it as much as possible, juggling with various concepts and things i've got it, this is the tattoo i'm getting on saturday.

The gf loves it, said i should have got it instead of the tribal band that will be below this one.

Lupus said:

The neck of course! Or maybe on your shoulder or something

I've been thinking about Tattoo's for about 2 years now, and I still haven't decided. I'm warming up to a tattoo of my favourite band's name (Opeth), it looks so damn cool. The only downside is that it isn't very rare

A pheonix would is tempting aswell, either on my back or torso

Will-O'-The-Wisp said:
Lupus said:

The neck of course! Or maybe on your shoulder or something

I've been thinking about Tattoo's for about 2 years now, and I still haven't decided. I'm warming up to a tattoo of my favourite band's name (Opeth), it looks so damn cool. The only downside is that it isn't very rare

A pheonix would is tempting aswell, either on my back or torso

I'd say to you, if you do want to get a tattoo of a pheonix or anything, personalize it so that you know your the only one in the world with that tattoo, its a nice feeling to get something you can truly say "i designed that, i got it done/made and its the only one in the world, truly personal" :)

animefreak17 said:
@Tachi looks badass
Thank you :) it took me hours to change and customize every part of it lol i'm tempted to post a pic of all the sketches that led up to the finished product. About 6 different alterations and each took me no less than 30mins each to think of whats to be changed and whats to be added or taken away.

i'll put up my newest one when i get chance, it looks good IMO

Tattoos aren't for everyone, and i'd never try and convert someone to getting one, but if you ever do decide on one. I'd say make sure that you check the artists books before you get inked. Make sure its at a decent quality.

Back