AUKN Character Battle Round 1, Match 31: Marika/Light

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rui

Karamatsu Boy
Administrator
Another odd couple.

Rules

1. To vote, reply in this thread and include a very clear statement of intent as the first line of the post e.g. "My vote is for CHARACTER NAME".
2. If you need to change your vote, edit your original post to remove the line and add a new post to the thread with your new vote.
3. It's ok to discuss other things in this thread too, just make sure you follow rule #1 for your actual vote.
4. It's ok to have fun :)

Voting period: From now until 23:59 on Sunday 2nd August. Votes posted after this time will not be counted.

Contestants

3HYmCbR.png

Marika Tachibana from Nisekoi: False Love

Marika Tachibana is the only real choice for her Raku-sama's heart - they are betrothed after all!

This sweet, charming, dedicated and entirely honest girl wouldn't even dream of using her connections as the police chief's daughter to manipulate her Raku-sama or your vote! Although it would be a strange coincidence that the police would find out what you did if you don't...

Light Yagami from Death Note

Light Yagami...

The God of the new world who delivers true justice.

As much as Light is a great character, Marika is just so darn cute, so I'm going for her.

I'm voting for Marika.

I found Light somewhat disappointing, he had potential to take an interesting path that you very rarely see in any story but instead they chose a simpler option. It doesn't exactly make him a bad character but on a personal level I couldn't like the real Light as much as my theoretical one. I may need to re-watch the show at some point to try and engage with it on it's own terms rather than what I hoped it could be (I do usually try to avoid that but for some reason it didn't work with Death Note, could just have been bad timing).

I haven't actually seen Nisekoi yet.

Light.

That picture of Marika is adorable but I can't help but suspect I would want to write her name in a Death Note myself if I had watched enough of Nisekoi to meet/remember her.

R

I don't think I'll make many friends by saying this but I thought Death Note was pretty cat. I haven't and will never finish it.

That means my vote goes to Marika.

Gotta be Light. I might not particularly like him as a person, but as a character he's a lot of fun to watch.
Durial666 said:
I don't think I'll make many friends by saying this but I thought Death Note was pretty cat.
Nothing wrong with a bit of pretty cat. Dominion Tank Police, for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back