AUKN Character Battle Round 1, Match 3: Ed/Saya

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rui

Karamatsu Boy
Administrator
Another 1v1 this time.

Rules

1. To vote, reply in this thread and include a very clear statement of intent as the first line of the post e.g. "My vote is for CHARACTER NAME".
2. If you need to change your vote, edit your original post to remove the line and add a new post to the thread with your new vote.
3. It's ok to discuss other things in this thread too, just make sure you follow rule #1 for your actual vote.
4. It's ok to have fun :)

Voting period: From now until 23:59 on Sunday 17th May. Votes posted after this time will not be counted.

This week's battle

uUx28hD.png

Edward Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist

He is the youngest State Alchemist ever to be recognized by the Amestris State Military, having received the title at the age of 12. Ed's primary motivation throughout the series is to return his younger brother, Alphonse, to his original body, which was lost in a failed human transmutation. Just don't call him a pipsqueak.

Saya Otonashi from Blood+

Saya Otonashi is the main protagonist of the series Blood+ and the first born of the daughters of the Chiropteran Mummy. She is a pure blooded Chiropteran queen and Diva's older twin sister as well as Haji's lover. She is so badass!

My vote is for Edward Elric. Once again, it comes down to me only seeing one of these shows, but I think Ed's a really good character anyway.

My vote is for Edward Elric. Now while I do like Saya, she's up against one of my favourite characters from one of my favourite series, sadly she didn't stand a chance.

I'm bucking the trend. My vote is Saya Otonashi

A pretty unfair line up if you ask me :/ like pitting Messi against Rooney. Both good but it's a no contest everyone is going to choose Messi.

My vote goes to Edward Elric. He is my joint second favourite anime character (along with Al)

Another vote for Ed here.

While it's unfortunate that Saya isn't getting much support, Ed is awesome. Perhaps Ryo will come in at some point and start producing pictures of Saya in attractive poses to lure some of the uncertain people into voting.

(I am happy to take feedback on the matchup logic I used, especially since I openly admit I have no practical knowledge of sports tournaments and guessing the way that a diverse forum like this one will vote is basically impossible at times...)

R

Ayase is now going to tempt fate and a swarm of silent FMA-haters will suddenly descend and bring about a new era of Queen Saya.

R

My vote goes to Ed. I've still to get round to watching Blood + properly. Only saw the 1st 2 eps and just had no time after that.

I vote for Ed.
Never seen Blood+, but vampires are boring so I'm pretty sure I would vote for Ed regardless.

Gotta go with my main man here. I vote for Edward Elric.

What more can I say? He's one of my favourite shounen protagonists ever. As a fellow shorty I can relate to him there too.

Was gonna say "this is one Ed I'm happy to vote for", but was easily beaten to the pun(ch) by ayase. ^^;

Edward Elric.

Rui said:
(I am happy to take feedback on the matchup logic I used, especially since I openly admit I have no practical knowledge of sports tournaments and guessing the way that a diverse forum like this one will vote is basically impossible at times...)
I, uh... what exactly is the matchup logic you used? ^^;

pre-post edit: Oh OK, you tried to semi-seed it, based on your knowledge of obvious mega-popular characters and the results of the nominations? Seems fine, since this is more like an Invitational rather than Open, you're bound to run into some "wild" round one matchups whichever way you do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back