AUKN Character Battle Round 1, Match 17: Asuka/Renge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rui

Karamatsu Boy
Administrator
This match marks the moment that we pass the halfway point for the first round of the Battle. Choose carefully, as always.

Rules

1. To vote, reply in this thread and include a very clear statement of intent as the first line of the post e.g. "My vote is for CHARACTER NAME".
2. If you need to change your vote, edit your original post to remove the line and add a new post to the thread with your new vote.
3. It's ok to discuss other things in this thread too, just make sure you follow rule #1 for your actual vote.
4. It's ok to have fun :)

Voting period: From now until 23:59 on Sunday 28th June. Votes posted after this time will not be counted.

Contestants

6rkHJrn.png

Asuka Langley Shikinami from Rebuild of Evangelion

One of the most beautifully pathetic characters of all time, transformed into someone bad-ass enough to wear an eye patch.

Renge Miyauchi from Non Non Biyori

Nyan-pasu! A precocious child who closely observes everyone around her and always finds a way to lighten the mood. Renge's dry, off beat humour is perhaps atypical for someone her age but combined with her childish whimsy, she makes her a far more endearing character than most youngsters in the slice of life genre.

Yowanda-san said:
IncendiaryLemon said:
I noticed you specifically say from the Rebuilds. Is Neon Genesis Asuka also in this?
This is actually an important question, since NGE Asuka is better.
Renge still wins my vote though, I mean, there's a reason I only watched one of the series once.

The nomination was for the Rebuild Asuka however I can confirm the non-Rebuild Asuka is not participating, so I think it's ok to interpret her whichever way you prefer.

R

Rui said:
The nomination was for the Rebuild Asuka however I can confirm the non-Rebuild Asuka is not participating, so I think it's ok to interpret her whichever way you prefer.

R

I see, thanks for clarifying. My vote goes to Asuka. This was actually quite tough for me, I think this is the first vote where I've seen both shows, and as much as Renge is hillarious, Asuka is just one of my favourite anime characters period. Sorry Ren-chon!

Asuka still stands strong as one of my favourite anime characters, so I'll definitely be voting for her.

Asuka. All these people who think rebuild Asuka and original Asuka are different characters...

Last edited by a moderator:
I vote for Renge.

She's no Koma-chan-Senpai but I guess she's cool in her own way.

While I'm not sure it'd make a huge difference in voting, some people clearly need to watch Non Non Biyori. It's kind of sad when people miss out on the classics. On a totally unrelated note, maybe I'll get around to watching Evangelion some day.

I only needed to look at the title to this battle - My vote goes to Asuka.

Pirate girl rocks that eye patch, and has a sassy attitude to go with it. She is just the baddest chick in Nerv.

My vote goes to Asuka - I have seen the first film in the Rebuild series (plus the original TV & films). While I have not seen the other show I don't see it making any difference to my vote if I had done.

Yowanda-san said:
This is actually an important question, since NGE Asuka is better.
Y-san pls.

ayase said:
All these people who think rebuild Asuka and original Asuka are different characters...
"think".

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back