Ask Arbalest

Arbalest

黒い剣士
Right. Since i was asked on my re-introductory thread. Here's a thread dedicated to asking me questions. Ask me anything from personal, to random questions, to my take on whatever, your choice. Take it as a way to get to know one of your admins a little better =P
If things seem a bit off, i'll either move this to another topic or sub-forum. will see, but it seems better suited for here than anything else.

So ask away! i'll answer as i go.

What's your profession? (I'm new so if you've said before I wouldn't know.)

Obvious anime questions: (In keeping with why we're all here.)
What's your favourite anime film/series?
What's the worst anime you've seen?
What's the perviest anime you've seen?
Did you like it?
What was your first anime?
Do you read/speak Japanese?
Subs/Dubs/Neither?
If you could be any anime character who would it be and why?

Mangaranga said:
What's your favorite Pokemon!?

Ooo, nice question. Erm i've always loved Squirtle. So probably him. Probably Pigeot a close second, he was always in my final squad ever since i played pokemon blue for the first time.

memorium said:

I kind of answer this in my intro thread, but that's a good question either way. I kind of ended up not posting much, if at all for months and as an admin who should really be making sure things run smoothly, that's not brilliant(to me). Also with the influx of new users, i felt i should try and introduce myself again to the rest and just let people know what kind of admin helps run the place. An AMA seemed like a fun idea, so i went with that. I'm well aware it could turn sour, so i'm already prepped to move it if required. I doubt i'll need to, but hey. Just have some fun with it =)

PandoraHane said:
If this thread hadn't been born, who would answer all these very important questions? :(

Who knows? My alter ego isn't very talkative.

VoxPhantom said:
Can I buy you for 25 wood and 45 gold?

Unfortunately no, i don't go for the same price as a cheap RTS infantry unit.

memorium said:

Arbalest said:
I kind of answer this in my intro thread, but that's a good question either way. I kind of ended up not posting much, if at all for months and as an admin who should really be making sure things run smoothly, that's not brilliant(to me). Also with the influx of new users, i felt i should try and introduce myself again to the rest and just let people know what kind of admin helps run the place. An AMA seemed like a fun idea, so i went with that. I'm well aware it could turn sour, so i'm already prepped to move it if required. I doubt i'll need to, but hey. Just have some fun with it =)

My question was more a joke (i.e. "Why?", "Why Not?"), but that was an informative and serious answer nonetheless.

Professor Irony said:
Kallen or Casca?

Gahhhh, i have to choose? I want to say both. Kallen would protect me from wild spinzakus and Casca would be my queen. There. That'll do for now.
I hate you

serpantino said:
What's your profession? (I'm new so if you've said before I wouldn't know.)

Obvious anime questions: (In keeping with why we're all here.)
What's your favourite anime film/series?
What's the worst anime you've seen?
What's the perviest anime you've seen?
Did you like it?
What was your first anime?
Do you read/speak Japanese?
Subs/Dubs/Neither?
If you could be any anime character who would it be and why?

OK! Let's go.

1. I currently work in retail. The Co-operative to be specific. However i'm sitting my AdWords Certification exams next week, so as of wednesday(hopefully) i will be a fully qualified adwords campaign builder. Basically someone who will set up online advertising campaigns for companies/people and maintain them.

2. Favourite anime series is going to be Full Metal Panic. It's full of flaws sure, but it got me into "anime" as i see it now. As for film? Easily Perfect Blue. Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya is a close second.

3. Worst is a tie-up between The Life of Budori Gusuko and Nerawareta Gakuen for films. Series? ehhh, i dunno. Final Fantasy Unlimited was one of the few i dropped. so let's go with that

4 + 5. Perviest might just be Ikki Tousen actually. Manga was better, but still as pervy. I didn't mind it? but it certainly wasn't good.

6. First anime, Cowboy Bebop and Outlaw Star. i was a CNX kid. I want to include Dragonball Z, but because at the time i didn't really know of "anime" i think it's save to exclude it.

7. I know some japanese but not enough to really say i can speak it. I pick up words and phrases and can count to 1000. As for writing/reading? i'm a long way off from managing that.

8. Subs preferrably. Dubs i'm picky with. There is a lot of good dubs that make me watch a series with only them, take Bebop and Black Lagoon, but then there is an awful lot more that i just don't check out because i like the original casting too much. So yeah, picky. Sub > Dub for the most part.

9. Ahhh. How do i answer this? I love Guts, but would i want to be him? probably not. You know what, i'd go Gintoki. He works, though i'm not as carefree as he is, and i can't eat strawberry parfaits because i'm allergic to strawberries. But he'll do.

memorium said:
memorium said:

Arbalest said:

My question was more a joke (i.e. "Why?", "Why Not?"), but that was an informative and serious answer nonetheless.

Sorry >_> it completely flew over my head XD

How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

If she sells sea shells by the sea shore, do you think she would make much of a profit?

If a hypothetical situation came about where you could be flown over Japan, be able to select an anime studio and distributor and have them create the anime of your dreams without any complaints (yeah, even if it's not a moe light-novel adaptation they'd have to suck it up), what would you create and why? What format? Who would your dream line up of staff be?

What is your favourite TV anime of this decade so far (2010+)?

Who is your favourite person involved in anime (director, screenwriter, voice actor etc)?

I can only answer a couple right now, will get the rest after work.

Phobos said:
Can I have your money so I can buy more stuff? :p

Haha, i'm afraid not. I don't have that much money otherwise i'd be buying more myself!

st_owly said:
How did you end up being a mod?

Good question! About 2010? i think? both myself and Ryo Chan spoke with the webmaster at the time(Paul) about doing the character battle voting stuff, which he agreed to and opted to put us both to moderators. Since then we where put to the task of general moderating and the character battle every so often. It got a bit unweildy for the battles but there we go. When chaos took over though, he boosted us to admin to help with the news reporting, and other bits around the site. And so it has been since then.

Joshawott said:
How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

If she sells sea shells by the sea shore, do you think she would make much of a profit?

If a hypothetical situation came about where you could be flown over Japan, be able to select an anime studio and distributor and have them create the anime of your dreams without any complaints (yeah, even if it's not a moe light-novel adaptation they'd have to suck it up), what would you create and why? What format? Who would your dream line up of staff be?

1. As much wood as a woodchuck could chuck, If a woodchuck could chuck wood

2. Only if she charged for you to take seashells off the sea shore. Otherwise her seashells just wouldn't sell.

3. I actually don't know! Dream anime without complaints? hrm... actually. Let's not make up something from my head, give me the rest of Full Metal Panic damnit. KyoAni can give me the same dedication they did previously, same voice cast from before(tomokazu seki as sousuke, etc) and do the whole lot. I expect maybe 30 odd episodes or so? Yeah, that'll do me fine. And then make Fumoffu 2, so i can get that monty python sketch animated.

I'll answer the rest when i get back from work! So yeah, just tried to get what i could in beforehand.

Right, let's continue

Joshawott said:
What is your favourite TV anime of this decade so far (2010+)?

Who is your favourite person involved in anime (director, screenwriter, voice actor etc)?

1. TV anime of the decade. Hrm. As much as i am inclined to suggest Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, i think i'm going to go with Space Brothers. I keep thinking to mention stuff like Eden of the East, Xam'd, etc, but i realise they are all about 2009 so fall short. I'm surprised actually at there being so few from the past 4 years that have really stood out. Kill la Kill fits too. Perhaps though, the true answer should be INFERNO COP.

2. Favourite person. I think to me this is a given, but Yoko Kanno. Her soundtracks are absolutely superb for most, if not all of her works. While i feel Kids on the Slope was average, the soundtrack for it was superb. It does play to my tastes well too though since i'm a huge fan of jazz.

-Danielle- said:
Does Charles Dance? ;) :p

Favourite food/cuisine?

Does Charles dance. Well, Charles Dance dances, but Charles? hmm, could be a closet tap-dancer. Who knows....

Favourite food. Well, my favourite meal is easily a pure and simple, Steak Pie. Dish full the the brim of just steak and gravy with a golden brown pastry all over. delicious. If not though, a good old roast beef dinner. Can't beat it.

Professor Irony said:
If you had a stand, what would it be?

"Jupiter Jazz" My stands primary ability would be to play the saxophone and sooth you all to death.

Back