Asian Cuisine ?

dapprman

Completely Average High School Student
Is there a food and drink section/thread here ?

As a refuge from 'the other forum' it was one of the areas I contributed to. In the last year the following threads were created

* Snack review thread. (Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
* Interesting article on Japanese School Dinners
* calpis
* Sushi!!! (Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
* Ramune Soda (Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
* Bento Boxes
* Who can use them?? (Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
* the amazing green tea fan club thread. (Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
* I recently tried sushi for the first time! :D (Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
* He who watches anime while deciding what to eat .... (Multi-page thread 1 2 3)

No, we don't have a section for Food and Cooking. You're gonna have to make a thread here solely for that or just use this thread. We are going to be cooking Pakistani food alongside Japanese/Korean/Chinese food, right?

theirsbailiff said:
No, we don't have a section for Food and Cooking. You're gonna have to make a thread here solely for that or just use this thread. We are going to be cooking Pakistani food alongside Japanese/Korean/Chinese food, right?
I should have said Oriental cuisine, not Asian - the old area was called Chopsticks, which made it less ambiguous.

There's no dedicated section but if it takes off in a big way and needs one we can review ;)

I think the Random Chit-Chat section is fine for food chat for now.

R

MaxonTreik said:
theirsbailiff said:
MaxonTreik said:
Which "other forum"?

You haven't noticed the influx of new users recently?
Of course I noticed. That's not what I'm asking. I'm asking where they came from.

They came from Google, like most everything else nowadays. ;) Are you a Google xenophobe? Will you hate them for not coming from Yahoo.jp or nicovideo.jp?

¬_¬

Well I was mostly resposable for the snack review thread and I'd be more then happy to carry it on. However I think when I read the rules it said you couldn't post photos or did I read it wrong. Let me know as I'm heading to the market next weekend so I'll be buying more stuff anyway.

So no posting pictures of my sake collection then ? (4 bottles at present, all junmai daiginjo - though I do need to track down a taru-sake - hard to do in this country) :lol:

I don't think sake bottles are going to corrupt anyone's innocence too much, so if you have any attractive ones feel free to go ahead ;)

R

Lawrence said:
You know that sake isn't beer?
That said, I personally think that Kirin Ichiban is a decent drink if you want to try something different.
Actually effectively sake is rice beer, not rice wine as it's brewed from a mash of fermented rice and koji (rice yeast) :wink:

themoreyouknow_zpsfa2a755a.jpg

Back