Asian Cinema Thread

NormanicGrav

Grav's End Harem
AUKN Staff
Coming soon from 88 Films:

Dragons Forever (飛龍猛將) 4K ULTRA HD from director Sammo Hung - 1988 Hong Kong film starring Jackie Chan, Sammo Hung & Yuen Biao.

Flying Guillotine Part II (飛龍猛將) from director Hua Shan - 1974 Hong Kong film for Shaw Bros collection.

On the Run (亡命鴛鴦) from director Alfred Cheung - 1988 Hong Kong film starring Yuen Biao.

Righting Wrongs (執法先鋒) from director Corey Yuen - 1986 Hong Kong film starring Yuen Biao.

Tiger Cage Trilogy (特警屠龍, 洗黑錢, 冷面狙擊手) DELUXE LIMITED EDITION from director Yuen Woo-ping - 1988, 1990 & 1991 Hong Kong films starring Donnie Yen, Carol Cheng & Man Cheung.

Jon O Fun

Death Scythe
Not news but I'm moving house and thought I'd share some of the random things I found stuffed in a box at the back of a cupboard. Some greats I'd totally forgotten about that need the blu ray treatment!
I'd completely forgotten about Gozu! One of Takeshi Miike's weirdest films AND I found Above The Law, which I didn't know I owned, just in time for 88 films to announce a deluxe edition 🤦‍♂
20220420_161404.jpg
20220425_141403.jpg

NormanicGrav

Grav's End Harem
AUKN Staff
What's interesting about Righting Wrongs (Above the Law) is that there's apparently two different versions of the film depending on whether you watched it in Cantonese or Mandarin, and 88 is apparently including both.

Jon O Fun

Death Scythe
Better late than never!
Now the question of is it Kung Fu Hustle 2 or Kung Fu 2 Hustle and the bigger question of why not Kung Fu Tustle?!?!

Kfh2.jpg

Jon O Fun

Death Scythe
88 Films have added Seventh Curse to their website and for the first time I've notice they seem to have tweaked the artwork a bit.

SeventhCurse3D.jpg

SeventhCurseold.jpg

NormanicGrav

Grav's End Harem
AUKN Staff
Looks like the folks who are working on the Tiger Cage Trilogy have more projects in the works. Those on BD forum speculate it's going to be the first five In the Line of Duty films (which features actress Michelle Yeoh of Everything Everywhere All at Once & Shang-Chi fame) due to their planned release in Germany.

Jon O Fun

Death Scythe
Looks like the folks who are working on the Tiger Cage Trilogy have more projects in the works. Those on BD forum speculate it's going to be the first five In the Line of Duty films (which features actress Michelle Yeoh of Everything Everywhere All at Once & Shang-Chi fame) due to their planned release in Germany.
Hopefully! I've only seen the HKL released ones:
Police Assassins (Yes, Madam!)
In The Line Of Duty (In The Line Of Duty 4)
It'll be very interesting to see how they're named this time around haha