Asia Carrera not in Live Action DBZ?

A

Anonymous

According to a news entry on adult film star <a>Asia</a> Carrera's homepage, she has rejected a part in the planned live-action Dragon Ball Z film: "<i>I hate having to turn down cool mainstream work offers... the producers [of the Live Action Dragon Ball Z Movie] just contacted me about being in it.</i>". <a>Asia</a> Carrera declined the part, as she is expecting a child early next year.

Read more...

Source: Anime News Network
Serving the Internet with Anime news, views and reviews as well as loads more information. Updated multiple times a day.

I suppose up until now I assumed this project would never actually happen. Just haven't got a clue how the feck they are planning to make this look good in live-action-- even though The Matrix essentially ripped off DBZ during the final Agent Smith fight in Revolutions, so I guess its possible.

I wonder how they are planning to tackle the story. I'm looking forward to see how they create Frieza :)

It would be so cool to see Frieza in non cartoon form! I heard that dude from Smallville Tom Welling was dropping hints to the studio about how he wanted to be Goku and they just rejected him lol. I hate Tom Welling he's possibly the worst actor in the world.

Not really into Live Actions versions of anime (except the Sailor Moon musicals) but I must admit a live action version of DBZ enthralls me! I doubt very much I'll be overly impressed with whoever plays Goku.

Does anyone know if it's going to be based on a DBZ story or just a made up new thing?

Well apparentl there are gonna be 4 films, 1st based on the saiyan saga, 2nd on frieza saga, 3rd android saga, 4th buu saga.

I'm pretty sure thats right.

Back