Arnie Is Back

Will-O'-The-Wisp

Cardcaptor
http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/blog/article ... -play.html

He said he would be back, and he wasn't lying. Arnold Schwarzenegger is to make action movies again. The former governor of California told delighted fans that he is ready to start looking at scripts for his eagerly-awaited action comeback.

The 63-year-old retired from playing lead roles in movies to concentrate on his political career. However, his two terms as governor ended last month, and he's now eager to get back in front of the cameras again. He posted on his Twitter site, "Exciting news. My friends at CAA (Creative Artists Agency) have been asking me for seven years when they can take offers seriously. Gave them the green light today."

YES

Lock up your CHAPPAHS, explosive barrels, Predators and boots, clothes, and motorcycles, Arnold Schwarzenegger is returning to our cinema screen

Collateral Damage lacklustre? I thought it was quite good

I dunno, I'd be happy to see another Arnie movie, he isn't exactly a great actor, but he's iconic and if he gets to blow tons of **** up, I'm game.

Jayme said:
I can't believe he ruled California for so long.

lol like the way you didn't say Governed... no it was "Ruled" :p bet he ruled the lands with an iron fist.

Guess he's just bored of trying to become president. Sadly i have to agree with the aforementioned "you’re past it" comments.

Its common knowledge that the more muscular you get, the more you’ll have to work to keep it in that condition. as Arnie and Stallone have a combined age of over 150 its little surprise that they’re now saggy old blokes. (I’d say that trying to get back into their top condition is impressive but sometimes you need to understand when your on a dead horse.

Will still watch the film though, just because he is a legendary actor.

(sometimes i think even he believes he's capable of killing a predator...like some sort of superhero ready to stand up if aliens aver attack)

Stuart-says-yes said:
Tachi- said:
Its common knowledge that the more muscular you get, the more you’ll have to work to keep it in that condition. as Arnie and Stallone have a combined age of over 150 its little surprise that they’re now saggy old blokes.

Whoa, you surprised me there for a second, are you sure you don't mean 130? Because last time I checked both arnie and Stallone are only about 65 :p

you know they say that tv adds 10pounds? it also adds 10 years ;)

anyway, please to see bruce willis about still. out of everyone he's the favourite in this corner

Even though there isn't that much in them age-wise, I still consider Willis to be apart of a completely different generation. He was never doing the b-movie/80's action stuff. He was freakin' Moonlighting when most of that was happened, then he McClane'd it up in a completely different way. His career too different for any type of filmography comparison.

Jayme said:
Even though there isn't that much in them age-wise, I still consider Willis to be apart of a completely different generation. He was never doing the b-movie/80's action stuff. He was freakin' Moonlighting when most of that was happened, then he McClane'd it up in a completely different way. His career too different for any type of filmography comparison.

I agree, his action heroes are always the vulnerable everyman, or at least more everyman than Arnie and Stallone's invincible commandos

I agree too, Willis has aged best, and there's more of a believability to his characters.
Die Hard series of films - a cop.
Pulp Fiction,
Sin City, a detective
The Fifth Element, a taxi driver
Armageddon, an oil rig worker.
6th sense..... P.I - which is really... a ghost
tears of the sun was a brilliant film,
oceans twelve was also good.

Just look at expendables, compare it to R.E.D.
In expendables willis stood in a church and talked for his role. (arnie wanted to do more action but being the governor of california, the civil unrest because of just being in the film was enough)

In R.E.D willis plays a retired man, spending his days calling the government to talk to a woman, i'm not going to spoil the movie but it's more believable that stallones idea to relive his glory days and blow up a small country for a girl that he then leaves? wtf

Being a good actor isn't all about running and jumping over exploding barrels, firing guns two handed midair. So Arnie should just give it a rest.
the film may work...but i have my reservations about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Arnie doesn't need to rely on being buff anyway (well, not now). I'll be be looking forward to an anrie come back. Doesn't have to be action related imo though.

Voddas said:
Arnie doesn't need to rely on being buff anyway (well, not now). I'll be be looking forward to an anrie come back. Doesn't have to be action related imo though.

So your thinking more..... kindergarden cop 2 ;)

You wouldn't see me complaining. lol

I don't know about other people but I also enjoyed Jingle all the Way!

"GET THE POST MAN! HE GOT TWOOO!" :lol:

I probably should have added he's said hes definitely coming back, but won't be taking part in roles (not necessarily films) requiring physical violence/monster strength/gun fights.

It's not that he's suddenly become a wimp, he just achknowledges he's getting too old for it :)

Back