Appleseed TV series confirmed, FLCL rumours

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
With news that was revealed at the Tokyo International Anime Fair slowly seeping out onto the Internet, it has emerged that a John Woo produced anime TV series based off Appleseed is currently in the works. It will be directed by Shinji Aramaki, who previously helmed the theatrically released Appleseed movie (which incidently was recently snapped up for a UK release by Optimum). It's currently unknown whether or not this new series will incorporate Appleseed's CG animation too.

Also, in a blog entry, FLCL's license holders Synch-Point have revealed that "We're (Synch-Point) working on a secret FLCL project with Company XXXXXX (assumed to be FLCL creators GAINAX). We came up with the idea back in February, and things are finally starting to take shape. We should be able to make an announcement about it soon."

seems that post (the one you linked to) ignored IGPX and PowerPuff Girls Z, two CN/anime company co-productions that ar elooking very intresting indeed

Ive never really liked FLCL ( not that ive seen it all ) , it was just a bit *boggle* . I like the zany humour of Excel Saga , but what ive seen of FLCL didnt leave me laughing.

Totally the opposite for me - FLCL was a work of high genius and originality, whereas Excel Saga was just annoying.

Spee said:
Totally the opposite for me - FLCL was a work of high genius and originality, whereas Excel Saga was just annoying.

I know quite a few people who love either FLCL or Excel Saga and dislike the other , wonder if that is quite often the case with these two shows :)

i just love the idea about a FLCL anime series, it would be really kool, however i wonder what it would be about? considering hardly anyone else knew wtf the original ova was about 0_o
but it should still have music by the 'Pillows' for it... cos it ROCKS!

MangaMinX said:
Spee said:

I know quite a few people who love either FLCL or Excel Saga and dislike the other , wonder if that is quite often the case with these two shows :)

I didn't mind either! Fooly Cooly was one of those anime that I don't think you were supposed to think too hard about, or even really think at all :?
I like Menchi :mrgreen:

The first time I came across FLCL, I only watched the first episode and was completely put off. However, I came back a few months later, turned up the soundtrack and loved every moment of it.

Don't approach FLCL with a serious mindset, it's a very 'subconscious' show'- a lot of it won't make much sense, but behind the surreal animation is some real emotion. I consider it a classic and like Cowboy Bebop, the tour-de-force soundtrack largely carries the feeling bubbling under the surface of the vivid animation.

I too am a fan of both FLCL and Excel Saga. You've hit the nail on the head Paul, somehow you still manage to feel for the characters and situations, even if whats going on seems like crazy nonsense.

Back