Anyone still playing Super Street Fighter 4? (XB360)

Kaede

Adventurer
I know you lot have probably moved onto Marvel Vs Capcom but I've just got back into this after spending most of this year playing Deathsmiles and Vanquish.

So if anyone is up for arranging some casual, friendly games that aren't endless Ryu, Ken, Akuma spam fests, please reply here.

Arigatou.

Yeah, I play SSF:IV regularly only game I play on my Xbox right now & I don't use any of the shotos since I actually have some self respect. I have AE, so I've mainly been playing that rarely ever played regular SSF:IV.

Hey Lupus,

Cheers for the message. I don't have AE edition yet, but I think you can set AE to regular SSFIV via the options menu?. Anyway, I'm a very average player. I can do OK with Ken, Guile, Chun and Cammy. Would like to practice Dudley and Ibuki.

If you'd like some match ups that aren't endless shotos then add Mike A 1980. Maybe we could arrange a time to have a sesh? Would be cool if we could get a couple of others for a friendly lobby. :)

I could do with an excuse to get my hand around my neglected stick and wiggle it about a bit, but SSFIV makes me so goddamn angry. I played Blanka (before everyone whined that he was cheap), Chun (before she became top-tier), and a bit of Dee-Jay and Adon, though not to any degree of competence. Sakura's fun but I don't have the dexterity any more.

I shall think about making a triumphant (or not) comeback.

Do it, Fab!

Competence is not a factor. I am just hoping for some nice friendly games with a variety of characters. I don't think I've met a Dee-Jay online yet. :(

I need to get back into it. I'll have a few games with ya if you're on. (That's an open challenge to ya all.) :p

Gimme a PM if you want to have a game, and I'll add your gametag to ours. (If Ryo is nice enough to let me add to his account.) ;)

Nice one Chaz! I usually find time to play at the weekends during the day and a couple of evenings a week but only for a short time (an hour or so).

Evening of Wednesday 10th I have the flat to myself so if anyone's around then, I can play for a few hours. :)

Basically if you see me online, send me an invite! ;)

Yeah I'm down for some casual matches in Endless Battle, although I'll have to tone it down to SSF:IV (No more Makoto buffs) I "main" Makoto, Cammy and Cody. I sometimes use Dudley & Ibuki, but I can mess around with anyone I guess.

Hi! I'll also add you, I still play this game (for my sins). I also main Mak these days, but since we're playing notAE I will also be abusing Cammy dive kicks. :lol: I play basically all the female characters and Akuma (and Oni in AE).

Hi ilmaestro, that's great! I look forward to receiving an ass-whooping. :D

I'm hoping to be on tonight for a bit from 9pm ish if anyone's around for a few quick games?

Hey Kaede, sorry for not reappearing tonight, I did send you a second message on Live... I should just turn the Xbox on next time rather than relying on the website for messages.

Fabricated - Cheers for the games, I really enjoyed it! I thought we were fairly evenly matched. It was great to try out new characters without getting completely destoryed by yet another Ken/Akuma. ;) I couldn't handle your Adon though, well played. Too fast for me!

illmaestro - no worries at all. If you see me playing just send the invite and I'll be there ;)

Is it true there's a way to watch your last few matches? We managed a pretty awesome double KO in one match. :D

For replays of previous matches:

Player records > replay channel > battle record

I hate watching replays as I usually do at least one ridiculously stupid thing in each round, but they can be helpful in highlighting what you might be doing wrong. You can save them as well, I think.

Your Guile was too much for me last night; I have trouble with him when I'm not rusty and trying to get used to a fightstick (which, to my despair, doesn't turn you into a Godly fighter irresistible to women overnight), never mind when I am. But at least I'm motivated to practice a bit now =)

Thanks for that, I've not really dabbled in that section yet, I'll check it out.

Ah, I can only play the old shcool characters and my tactics haven't really updated from SF2 Turbo. :oops: Sakura was fun though.

Haha do you have the TE stick then? I'm playing with the fightpad. This game made me realise just how truly horrible the normal 360 dpad is for gaming.

Glad you're motivated for a practice though, I'll check out what evenings I can play next and get back to you. I'm hoping I can be on for a fair bit next Wednesday, an AUKN Endless Battle lobby could be fun.

*exits to training mode with Sakura and Chun*

Right, I'm going to be on now, so if anyone's interested, gimme a shout. (Only until 8pm though, I have a fight with other gamers then).

Did you get a game Chaz? Sorry I was out on Saturday.

This Wednesday I'm on from 8-11ish so if people could make it then, that would be awesome x

As in Street Fighter Club? Cool.

Send us a message if you wanna join in then, your bro won't enjoy messages from us lot ******** up his game.

Hey illmaestro, sorry we couldn't get a game in yesterday, very strange.

Every time I tried to join your lobby, it said I was missing content so couldn't join. That's why I thought I'd have to upgrade to AE. I'll try resetting my router again tonight and see if it helps. It's blimmin' typical though. I have no problems with games on me 360 and as soon as I get an offer to play some SF it conks out!

Did have some good ranked matches last night though, 15 match win streak, 14 of those as Guile. Had a blinding match against a Ryu (a loss unfortunately) which I have added to my replay channel.

Back