Anyone starting uni this year?

Espy

Thousand Master
I've just accepted an offer to do a five year Computer Science course at Strathclyde Uni. I was wondering, is anyone else here off to uni this year, and if so, where to?

(sorry, I'm not really one for big topic intros.)

5 year comp sci course? i thought it only went upto masters in 4th year? i'm almost done with my second year, thank god.

I did Applied Bioscience at college for two years, but I came to the realisation I hated the college, so I dropped out.

I'm considering going back to studying since I've had a year off from education.

My hope was to start edinburgh uni this year and study japanese, but my application was unsuccessful, so i'm heading to college for a year or so then heading to uni. Probably moving to either dundee or edinburgh in august.

Good luck to all those off to uni, it was one of the greatest times of my life and I really wish I could relive those days as I don't think I ever smiled, laughed or drank as much at any point in my life

Arbalest said:
My hope was to start edinburgh uni this year and study japanese, but my application was unsuccessful, so i'm heading to college for a year or so then heading to uni. Probably moving to either dundee or edinburgh in august.

Dundee sucks, your better off moving to the burgh.

Nyu said:
Arbalest said:

Dundee isn't bad, but the 'Burgh is probably the best city for students. Glasgow is too big and the other cities are too small. Aberdeen is popular but it's a bit of a depressing city.

Maxon said:
Nyu said:
Arbalest said:

Dundee isn't bad, but the 'Burgh is probably the best city for students. Glasgow is too big and the other cities are too small. Aberdeen is popular but it's a bit of a depressing city.

I've got mates in every university in Scotland and i still prefer Edinburgh (No bias there :p ) Glasgow has good nightlife but i just don't like the universitys there. Aberdeen is one hell of a treck. Dundee has ace nightlife, Fat Sams is great. But i wouldn't go there for the uni, I had the open day for Abertay and Dundee but none of them took my fancy.

Nyu said:
Maxon said:
Nyu said:
Arbalest said:

I've got mates in every university in Scotland and i still prefer Edinburgh (No bias there :p ) Glasgow has good nightlife but i just don't like the universitys there. Aberdeen is one hell of a treck. Dundee has ace nightlife, Fat Sams is great. But i wouldn't go there for the uni, I had the open day for Abertay and Dundee but none of them took my fancy.

I doubt i will be going for the nightlife, since i'm not the type to go partying or to pubs, so maybe edinburgh would be a good idea. heh, still a few months to decide yet though

I travel every morning, I went to Napier for a week and a half doing Business Management at thier new Craig Lochart campus and it was a load of crap. The course was nothing like what was described to me and the union on site was closed due to being in debt, plus thier campus are all dotted around the city which is just crap.

Suffice to say i left after that week (and the 5 busses a day because there was NO parking) and transferred to Heriot Watt, never looked back. Everything is on a great campus and is a 5 minute bus from the city centre, although i still drive. You might no be going for the nightlife but theres is still alot more to do in Edinburgh than say Dundee for example. But honestly go what offers the course you want to do and what uni impresses you the most.

Nyu said:
Suffice to say i left after that week (and the 5 busses a day because there was NO parking) and transferred to Heriot Watt, never looked back. Everything is on a great campus and is a 5 minute bus from the city centre, although i still drive. You might no be going for the nightlife but theres is still alot more to do in Edinburgh than say Dundee for example. But honestly go what offers the course you want to do and what uni impresses you the most.

You go to Herriot Watt?

Tell them to write better scholar notes. Half my subjects use them and they're generally crap!

Espy said:
Nyu said:

You go to Herriot Watt?

Tell them to write better scholar notes. Half my subjects use them and they're generally crap!

they weren't that good in computing when i was in high school, but they were ok. Heh, a friend of mine goes to herriot watt and he says its good, but he is bored now with it and its only his first year XD. i would probably be going to edinburgh uni instead of herriot watt.

Nyu said:
Maxon said:
Nyu said:
Arbalest said:

Only good thing about Abertay is the library, where I spent most of my time before I dropped out after 6 months :lol: (that and I live less than 10 mins walk away, didn't want to be too tired before class)

Back