Anyone got any info on You're Under Arrest?

memorium

Za Warudo
After doing a bit of research on the net I've found that going for the Anime series seems a bit out of the question due to some various problems (like the OVA series, as far as my knowledge goes, doesn't have the Japanese track, just the English one) so I've decided to go and hunt for the Manga instead.

Now that would be fine, but Dark Horse Comics publish the English version and everyone knows how notorious they are for their editing (such as the flopping of Akira and Oh! My Goddess, and from what I've heard omitting some chapters from the latter, I know they've gone back and fixed the flopping issue on O!MG and possibly included the omitted chapters, but that's not why I'm here) and from what I've gathered they've started not with volume 1, but with volume 5! Is there any truth to this? And if so have Dark Horse Comics fixed it at all?

Yes Dark horse only relased the last two volumes.

The first TV (the OVA is the firt 4 eps) anime is a hybrid relase don't worry, it's long OOP and was $400 for the box sets.
You are going to need a lot of patience and ebay if you actualy want to buy this.
The specials came out via ADV, also OOP

Season 2 and 3 are easy to get (in print from S23), and sub-only.

Worth continually checking secondspin/Amazon marketplace etc, I have seen the boxsets of the original series crop up for £40-ish each from time to time.

US companies went through a period of publishing manga series in the same (retarded) format as US comics, that's what those other ones are.

I'm just gonna have to read scans then, bloody DH Comics

ironhide_facepalm.jpg

I'll go back to hunting for the Anime then seeing as there's no hope for a re-release

Back