Animefreak17 And His All-Purpose General Chat Thread

I can't say I ever come away from an anime with a gfavoruite character, looking at my collection i'd be hard pressed to choose any shows with characters I feel that way about barring Kamina from TTGL.

serpantino said:
I have a pair up: Lelouch & Android 17 :twisted:
If only we were "somewhere else" someone would have drawn this by now. And probably made it quite explicit.

Rui said:
it's interesting to imagine having no favourite characters. I tend to have a firm favourite in everything I watch :D (in the best shows, I have several).
Yeah, it seems like a fairly natural thing to do - I would have thought everyone has attitudes / personalities / appearances that they prefer in people (therefore presumably in fictional characters also). I hesitate to inspire another list thread but, if we were to give REASONS it might be quite an interesting topic. We used to (occasionally) have (semi) yearly character battles...

Last edited by a moderator:
Mm I always assumed it was quite common too, given the character loyalty on display on fan sites and implied by merchandise sales. You see it a lot with harem shows around here (I can't stand Nisekoi, but those who like it seem to have very strong opinions on which girls are the best choices).

My preferences have taught me that my ideal real-life crush would be a psychopath voiced by Ishida Akira. Oddly appearances rank quite low down; I like appreciating a good biseinen as much as the next person, but my favourites are all over the place, visually.

Hmm, on one hand I want to make the topic but on the other, now you've mentioned it it feels as though we may as well just do another character battle. In for a penny, in for a pound. I really don't have enough free time to run one though ;_;

(I'm also mildly scared/excited about what could happen if Lelouch won. It could cause a war.)

R

New character battles? I'd offer to help out but I don't have much free time myself at the moment - Perhaps in the summer?

Rui said:
My preferences have taught me that my ideal real-life crush would be a psychopath voiced by Ishida Akira. Oddly appearances rank quite low down; I like appreciating a good biseinen as much as the next person, but my favourites are all over the place, visually.
I guess mine would be very capable, no-nonsense, quite possibly morally grey (though I'd follow her anywhere regardless) and voiced by Yoshiko Sakakibara. And hey, I like seeing men I find handsome just as much as I like seeing women I find attractive in my anime, I'm an equal opportunity objectifier.

I have a question...

Those of you who have watched attack on titan......

When the opening came on and you heard that song for the first time

guren no yumiya

How did you feel about the song what was your impression of it how did it feel to you...

I thought it was a mix of

Chaos
Dread
And excitement

How about you guys..... remember I haven't seen the series so keep it spoiler free... all I want to know is how you felt about....

guren no yumiya

Back