Anime UK News Review of 2022 Part 1: Anime

Sarah

Staff
AUKN Staff
2022 has brought some major changes to the way we watch anime in the UK – but has the quality of the shows we’ve been watching deteriorated? The Anime UK Writers have chosen their favourite titles to recommend – let us know what you’ve enjoyed watching too!

Continue reading...

Here's my picks, trying not pick the same as in the article. I gave one new and one sequel.

Winter was fairly easy as I gave both 9, but a few of my 8s were mentioned in the article.

The sequal was easy again in Spring, but it was a toss up for new. Again 2 were mentioned in the article, one of which (Heroines) would have scored higher if it hadn't fumbled a story line towards the end. The other was SPY x FAMILY, but as the currently airing episodes are considered a Part 2 rather than a Season 2 overall I can't say it's better as the second part has been poorer than the first.

Summer was easy again, only because the season overall was poor (apart from randomly my AotY getting released during the period) and thus I've had no choice but to go with shows already mentioned. Oh and I cheated by choosing my AotY from the same season, but not the ones of the season, because of the different release method of that show.

Autumn is not finished and the sequel wins by default, out of 3, even though I've only watched half. Golden Kamuy s4 wasn't as good as previous seasons I felt (and has now been put back to Spring '23) and Encouragement of Climb's first 4 episodes were recaps. With only one episode left I don't think Bocchi the Rock can screw up enough to be beat, but if it does Akiba Maid War or Do It Yourself!! could sneak in.

Winter
My Dress-Up Darling
Takagi-san s3

Spring
AOASHI
Kaguya-sama s3

Summer
Lycoris Recoil
Shadows House s2

Autumn
Bocchi the Rock!
Mob Psycho 100 III