Anime on TV ~ August 2011 Edition

Paradox295

Pokémon Master
Grave of the Fireflies - Tonight at 1:15am on Film4

Kiki's Delivery Service - Sunday 31st July at 5:05pm on Film 4

Metropolis - Thursday 4th August on Film4
repeated at 5:05pm on Monday 8th August

Porco Rosso - Friday 12th August on Film4

I got excited when I saw you post Grave of The Fireflys, but then I realised that it was yesterday.

I'll be catching Porco Ross, definitely, and I might give Metropolis a shot.

Ah! Kiki's Delivery Service, damn it's on at 5pm. I will be back in the UK but in the middle of hugging my family and catching up.

Do you know if Film4 do repeats?

Or, more specifically, that they aren't targetting anime fans in any way, since they have far bigger fish to fry with that series.

i know bringing anime central won't do any good cause in the tv business everyone wants bigger ratings............... how ever if the had anime on a other tv channel ( not disney) back in the day cartoon network had toonami, something like that

ConanThe3rd said:
It speaks volumes to Nintendo/Disney XD's PR that no one noticed Inazuma Eleven airing on Disney XD weekdays at 8.30a
I did. But I didn't post it here because I don't know and/or care what it is.

animefreak17 said:
i know bringing anime central won't do any good cause in the tv business everyone wants bigger ratings............... how ever if the had anime on a other tv channel ( not disney) back in the day cartoon network had toonami, something like that

Syfy or Adult Swim: Get on this shizz plz.

Otaku-san said:
Paradox295 said:
Syfy or Adult Swim: Get on this shizz plz.

Word nigga

8Gjcz.jpg

(that was the most relevant image I had :lol:)

animefreak17 said:
Syfy for violate animes
Adult Swim for anime thats like bleach, dragonball z ect
toonami naruto, one piece, tenchi
ect
Toonami's never coming back. Anywhere. Save for the odd country that still has it.

I was more thinking:
Syfy mainly for movies like GitS, Akira and Summer Wars
Adult Swim for Bleach, FMA, Champloo, Bebop and FLCL.

(but that ain't never gonna happen :()

Paradox295 said:
animefreak17 said:
Syfy for violate animes
Adult Swim for anime thats like bleach, dragonball z ect
toonami naruto, one piece, tenchi
ect
Toonami's never coming back. Anywhere. Save for the odd country that still has it.

I was more thinking:
Syfy mainly for movies like GitS, Akira and Summer Wars
Adult Swim for Bleach, FMA, Champloo, Bebop and FLCL.

(but that ain't never gonna happen :()
if only there was a million anime fans in this country then we'd get our anime on tv

ilmaestro said:
Or, more specifically, that they aren't targetting anime fans in any way, since they have far bigger fish to fry with that series.
I was meaning "frying" anyone. Hell, first I even HEARD it was getting shown was the moday of it's premare. It speaks volumes that their advertising is so non-existent (hell, for kicks I went to their website and they still have nothin')

Film 24 on BBC News 24 is reviewing Arrietty for those interested. The programme is on now.

EDIT: The entire programme is on the BBC website. Arrietty review begins 3:45 in.

ConanThe3rd said:
ilmaestro said:
I was meaning "frying" anyone. Hell, first I even HEARD it was getting shown was the moday of it's premare. It speaks volumes that their advertising is so non-existent (hell, for kicks I went to their website and they still have nothin')
Well, the fact that anime was coming on TV seemed to be general knowledge amongst people who were looking into the game, which is what I meant. The anime is a bit of a side-show as far as the franchise goes.

Back