Anime movies listed for Leeds Film Festival

VoxPhantom

Stand User
Shamelessly nicked from UKA - the Leeds Film Festival has announced that Wolf Children and the first two Berserk movies will be shown at their Fanomenon Anime Day on November 11th.

Starting at 12 noon in the superb setting of the Victoria Hall at Leeds Town Hall, the Anime Day will present 10 hours of fantastic new animated entertainment. Anime Day passes are on sale now (only £15 / £12.50) and today we can announce three of the confirmed films:

Wolf Children The latest original anime feature film from Mamoru Hosada, the director of past LIFF audience favourite Summer Wars: Wolf Children is a thrilling and moving adventure about a brother and sister born as half human and half wolf.

Berserk: The Golden Age Arc 1 – The Egg King & Berserk: The Golden Age Arc 2 – The Battle for Doldrey (English Premieres) Kentaro Miura’s dark fantasy manga Berserk is now an anime trilogy and the first two parts screen at Leeds.

Link.

I'd definitely be up for going to this - anyone else fancy it?

Aha! Leeds is back on form this year eh? And in the Town Hall again, good venue. Should be able to make it, bar any unforeseen circumstances (though admittedly, this is something my life seems to be excelling at at the moment).

I heartily recommend the line-up - we'll try and get some signed goodies down too after Onda-san attending SLA in October too!

I'm not biased by helping push the line-up together :p.

Andrew

I'm definitely going, bought the tickets already since my girlfriend is so excited to see the wolf children (I want to see it too) and I'm a huge Berserk fan so hoping the movies are good and do the manga justice.

Can't wait till they announce what the other movies they'll be showing are. Or is the 3 movies listed the entire line up? I'd be happy even if it was just them 3 since they seem like they'll be great and it's priced better than regular cinemas anyway.

--Sigil--Otaku-- said:
I'm definitely going, bought the tickets already since my girlfriend is so excited to see the wolf children (I want to see it too) and I'm a huge Berserk fan so hoping the movies are good and do the manga justice.

Can't wait till they announce what the other movies they'll be showing are. Or is the 3 movies listed the entire line up? I'd be happy even if it was just them 3 since they seem like they'll be great and it's priced better than regular cinemas anyway.
I don't know the runtime of these movies, but they did announce ten hours of anime.

chaos said:
--Sigil--Otaku-- said:

I don't know the runtime of these movies, but they did announce ten hours of anime.
Yeah it was that 10 hour announcement that got me thinking it'd be more movies but either way I'll be happy :3

Purchased my ticket for the festival today.

The final lineup (in case it hasn't been posted elsewhere) is as follows:

12:00 Asura
13:45 Wolf Children
16:15 Tiger & Bunny: The Beginning
18:45 Berserk: The Golden Age Arc I - The Egg of the King
20:30 Berserk: The Golden Age Arc 2 - The Battle for Doldrey

The hugely popular Fanomenon Anime Day returns to LIFF this year on Sunday 11th November, also presented on the first day of the Thought Bubble Festival 2012 and in partnership with Scotland Loves Animation. Starting at 12 noon in the superb setting of the Victoria Hall at Leeds Town Hall, the Fanomenon Anime Day will present 10 hours of fantastic new animated entertainment from Japan: passes are only £15 / £12.50. The five anime features in the line-up are all English Premieres:
12:00 Asura
13:45 Wolf Children
16:15 Tiger & Bunny: The Beginning
18:45 Berserk: The Golden Age Arc I - The Egg of the King
20:30 Berserk: The Golden Age Arc 2 - The Battle for Doldrey

Sat 17th Nov, 2012, 12:00 @ Leeds Town Hall 1 - £15.00 / £12.00 / FREE with LIFF26 Pass Ticket link

Buy tickets here

Edit: The Leeds film festival lists the 11th and the 17th, but the tickets are being sold only for the 11th, so we are assuming it was a mistake on their website. We contacted them and in case they confirm otherwise, it will stay like this.

Back