Anime Limited’s Eureka Seven Ultimate Edition Details Revealed

N

NormanicGrav

It has been known that Eureka Seven would return on Blu-ray and with an Ultimate Edition, but now Anime Ltd have revealed more info on the upcoming release.

As a recap, here’s what we knew beforehand. The 50 episode series was rescued by Anime Ltd back in December 2015 after Beez went under with the license gone into limbo. Then we discovered they were going to release the series under their Ultimate Edition that a couple other anime received such as Fullmetal Alchemist, Patema Inverted and The Vision of Escaflowne. The Ulimate Edition line is essentially massive boxsets with a huge sized artbook and sometimes other special inclusions. For instance Escaflowne included the original soundtrack CDs while Fullmetal Alchemist had this massive model of the Gate that houses the set’s contents.

Eureka-7-2.jpg

Today, we now know what the next title in the Ultimate Edition slate – Eureka Seven – will include, as well as the standard editions that will be released around the same time. As the show was already handled under Beez and Bandai Entertainment over half a decade ago, the English dub will be included alongside the original Japanese audio with English subtitles. If you have not yet checked out the series, you can watch all of the episodes over on Netflix in both dub and sub.

Here’s the story synopsis for Eureka Seven:

Renton is a teenager trapped working as a mechanic in a backwater town. He dreams of joining up with a daredevil group of pilots known as Gekkostate and following in his father’s heroic footsteps. When a mysterious beauty named Eureka shows up asking for a tune-up, Renton soon finds himself drawn into a high flying mecha dogfight that makes him a target of the military. When the dust settles on the spectacular battle, Renton is invited to join Gekko state, but he soon discovers that even a dream come true has a dark side.

Just to point this out – Anime Limited do not have the rights to the film Eureka Seven: Good Night, Sleep Tight, Young Lovers, nor the sequel series (that perhaps should be left forgotten) Eureka Seven Astral Ocean. The reason being is that Manga Entertainment still hold the rights to those respective titles.

Ultimate Edition [SRP: £179.99]

AL-E7-0.jpg

AL-E7-1.jpg

The latest ultimate edition set will contain all 50 episodes across 6 Blu-ray discs with a couple extras on 1 DVD disc. Note that this is identical to the Funimation release in terms of content. However the regions will be B and 2 only. The Blu-ray transfer is also an upscale at 1080i resolution and 4:3 which was how it was animated at the time.

Disc 1:

Episodes 1-9

Extras:
Episode 01 Commentary with Yuko Sanpei (Renton) and Kaori Nazuka (Eureka)
Episode 07 Commentary with Yuko Sanpei (Renton), Kaori Nazuka (Eureka) and Mamoru Miyano (Moondoggie)

Disc 2:

Episodes 10-18

Extras:
Episode 13 Commentary with Yuko Sanpei (Renton), Kaori Nazuka (Eureka) and Shigenori Yamazaki (Dominic)
Episode 15 Commentary with Yuko Sanpei (Renton), Kaori Nazuka (Eureka), Akio Nakamura (Matthieu) and Mayumi Asano (Hilda)

Disc 3:

Episodes 19-26

Extras:
Episode 20 Commentary Yuko Sanpei (Renton), Kaori Nazuka (Eureka) and Keiji Fujiwara (Holland)
Episode 26 Commentary with Yuko Sanpei (Renton), Kenichi Yoshida (Character Designer) and Masayuki Miyaji (Storyboard Artist)
Textless Opening Song #1
Textless Opening Song #2
Textless Ending Song #3
Textless Ending Song #4

Disc 4 (DVD Disc): Voice Actor Interviews

Yuko Sanpei (Renton) & Kaori Nazuka (Eureka) Part 1
Yuko Sanpei (Renton) & Kaori Nazuka (Eureka) Part 2
Stephanie Sheh (Eureka)
Johnny Yong Bosch (Renton)
Keiji Fujiwara (Holland) and Michiko Neya (Talho) Part 1
Crispin Freeman (Holland) Part 1

Disc 5:

Episodes 27-35

Extras:
Episode 27 Commentary with Yuko Sanpei (Renton), Kaori Nazuka (Eureka), Jurota Kosugi (Charles) and Aya Hisakawa (Ray)
Episode 32 Commentary with Yuko Sanpei (Renton), Kaori Nazuka (Eureka) and Ami Koshimizu (Anemone)

Disc 6:

Episodes 36-44

Extras:
Episode 36 Commentary with Yuko Sanpei (Renton), Kaori Nazuka (Eureka), Eriko Kigawa (Maeter) and Fumie Mizusawa (Gidget)
Episode 39 Commentary with Yuko Sanpei (Renton), Kaori Nazuka (Eureka), Yasunori Matsumoto (Stoner) and Taro Yamaguchi (Hap)
Episode 43 Commentary with Yuko Sanpei (Renton), Kaori Nazuka (Eureka) and Koji Tsujitani (Dewey)

Disc 7:

Episodes 45-50

Extras:
Episode 50 Commentary with Yuko Sanpei (Renton), Kaori Nazuka (Eureka), Kazuhiro Wakabayashi (Sound Director) and Tomoki Kyoda (Director)
Interview with Keiji Fujiwara (Holland) and Michiko Neya (Talho) Part 2
Interview with Keiji Fujiwara (Holland) and Michiko Neya (Talho) Part 3
Interview with Crispin Freeman (Holland) Part 2
Interview with Crispin Freeman (Holland) Part 3
Interview with Kate Higgins (Talho)
Episode 50 (Special Textless Version)
Textless Opening Song #3
Textless Ending Song #3
U.S. Trailer

As for the Ultimate Edition physical contents:

Cases & Digipack

The discs will be housed inside two rigid cases with digipacks each (4 for one set, 3 for another). The cases are the same height as any other collector’s edition release, like Fullmetal Alchemist and The Vision of Escaflowne. What’s worth pointing out is that Anime Ltd have used artwork never used for any other release and will only be exclusive to the Ultimate Edition set.

Posters

An A3 sized poster will also be included, housed inside a poster tube (like with A Silent Voice’s AllTheAnime exclusive release). The tube will be inside the box as all of the other contents, and will be exclusive to the Ultimate Edition set.

Artbook

Like the other Ultimate Edition sets, an A4 sized 144-page Art Book will also be included exclusively with the Ultimate Edition set. This artbook contains artwork never before used for the UK plus it’s every possible art Anime Ltd could get their hands on. The artbook is divided into a couple sections:

• Part 1: Characters
  • Part 2: LFOs
  • Part 3: The World of Eureka Seven
    • 3.1: Settings
    • 3.2: Props
  • Part 4: Animation in Action
  • Part 5: Artworks
Shipping Box

Anime Ltd experimented with a special packaging box for Fullmetal Alchemist which turned out to be a success. They will be using the same sort of packaging, coupled with the feedback given to them, for this Ultimate Edition set to ensure there’s no issues whatsoever.

Stock Availability

There will be 1000 units only but it will be available across multiple retailers. You can view the page over on AllTheAnime but the set will also be available on Amazon UK, MVM’s Anime-on-line and also HMV Online.

Release Date

The set will be available on 20th November 2017.

Standard Edition [SRP: £49.99 per Part]

Rather than receiving collector’s edition type sets like Fullmetal Alchemist did, the show will instead be given standard Blu-ray sets. Part 1 will contain episodes 1-26 across 3 Blu-ray discs with 1 DVD disc for some extras while Part 2 will contain episodes 27-50 across 3 Blu-ray discs also.

AL-E7-2.png

Part 1 is set for 20th November 2017 and available to view on AllTheAnime as well as other retailers.

AL-E7-3.png

Part 2 is set for 11th December 2017 and available to view on AllTheAnime as well as other retailers.

That’s it for the Eureka Seven update! Don’t forget Eureka Seven: Hi-Evolution will be coming to UK cinemas nationwide in early 2018, with the UK premiere over at Scotland Loves Anime 2017 this October.

Continue reading...

Hmm, the Ultimate set looks nice, and it has digipaks... My only question is, will the digipaks have one disc hub per panel, or will these be only two panel digis with 2 overlapping disc hubs on a panel? Can't really tell from these photos. I love large, multi-panel digipaks, but only when they have a single disc per panel - I don't like the design of overlapping discs at all...

I do already own the Ultimate editions of Fullmetal Alchemist, Patema Inverted, Giovanni's Island, and The Vision of Escaflowne, so I'll probably end up importing this one as well.

Hmm, the Ultimate set looks nice, and it has digipaks... My only question is, will the digipaks have one disc hub per panel, or will these be only two panel digis with 2 overlapping disc hubs on a panel? Can't really tell from these photos. I love large, multi-panel digipaks, but only when they have a single disc per panel - I don't like the design of overlapping discs at all...

I do already own the Ultimate editions of Fullmetal Alchemist, Patema Inverted, Giovanni's Island, and The Vision of Escaflowne, so I'll probably end up importing this one as well.

That reminds me, the forum version of the article is dated slightly (because I realised I made some errors).

A TL;DR on the matter:
  • If you remember Escaflowne's TV Blu-ray sized box, where it had two digipacks in one. It's that kind of style.
  • 7 discs in total (since they're using Funi discs); so 4 on one digipack and 3 on another digipack. There won't be any overlapping discs since it's Blu-ray sized.
  • This is the first Ultimate Edition without a massive A4 sized box this time around since Anime Ltd wanted to experiment a bit. Posters are rolled in a poster tube and the A4 artbook is on its own for instance, like Mai Mai Miracle's Kickstarter release.
Hope this makes sense.

Oh, so this won't be an oversized box set, or even G1 DVD sized - just a small G2 Blu-ray sized box? And then, a four-panel and a three panel digi, I guess. Then that pricing seems a bit steep for just a standard sized set with an A4 book and a small poster. That's SRP though; I guess the actual retail price will be lower.

Oh, so this won't be an oversized box set, or even G1 DVD sized - just a small G2 Blu-ray sized box? And then, a four-panel and a three panel digi, I guess. Then that pricing seems a bit steep for just a standard sized set with an A4 book and a small poster. That's SRP though; I guess the actual retail price will be lower.

You say that, but I really dislike AL's standard UE sizes. I have no room to put them, hence me only owning one. I'd much prefer them making something I can actually fit on a shelf as opposed something I'd have to shove in a cupboard or under the bed because I can't fit it anywhere. Same goes for Sentai and their weirdly shaped and sized LEs.

I can confirm that there's only one disc per panel in each Digipak.

You say that, but I really dislike AL's standard UE sizes. I have no room to put them, hence me only owning one. I'd much prefer them making something I can actually fit on a shelf as opposed something I'd have to shove in a cupboard or under the bed because I can't fit it anywhere. Same goes for Sentai and their weirdly shaped and sized LEs.

Yes, I also prefer that releases fit on my media shelves, but then I much prefer G1 size boxes like the majority of Japanese limited edition boxes. over those smaller G2 boxes. They're not nearly as impressive looking, and have smaller art work. G2 is really only shorter in height, but their width really isn't much less, so they're not actually saving that much shelf space. Other than my BD/DVD media shelves, I do have a separate actual bookshelf with shelves deep and high enough for over-sized items such as NISA and PonyCan box sets, the AL Ultimate sets, over-sized coffee table art books, and the like - so I do have some place to put those larger box sets. Just as long as they're a rectangular box shape to line up on a shelf, and not some oddball shape, I'm Ok with the larger sets too.

I can confirm that there's only one disc per panel in each Digipak.

Thanks very much, that is great to know!

Last edited:
Back