Anime Limited Reveals More Cancelled Titles for Home Video Release

Offt I actually forgot about Death Parade since it's been so bloody long but reading that it's been canceled entirely still feels like a bit of a kick in the teeth tbh. Was somewhat interested in Dimension W too so that's a bit crap, can't say I really care about the others but obviously sucks for people who did.

reading that it's been canceled entirely still feels like a bit of a kick in the teeth tbh
"Keep waiting, we're working on an ultimate edition"
"You actually waited? Nah, it's cancelled"

I know it's not AL's fault and it's entirely Funimation to blame, but it's still incredibly frustrating. I could've imported Funi's release a year and a half ago, but I waited.

Whilst it is sad to see so many titles cancelled, it's nice to actually get confirmation. So many of these have just been in limbo for so long, I'm glad people aren't going to be continually strung along in hopes of them coming out, allowing them to import.

I was looking forward to Death Parade, Dimension W and Genocidal Organ...

Now I'm worried about Bungo Stray Dogs, Free! ISC and March Comes in Like a Lion.

I'm not sure if I'm reading this wrong but where exactly does it say that Death Parade got cancelled? For me the article reads more along the lines of titles that are also released by Funimation in the US and doesn't directly say they got cancelled. Doesn't the tweet only mention three titles that have definitely been cancelled?

I'm not sure if I'm reading this wrong but where exactly does it say that Death Parade got cancelled? For me the article reads more along the lines of titles that are also released by Funimation in the US and doesn't directly say they got cancelled. Doesn't the tweet only mention three titles that have definitely been cancelled?

Andy Hanley in the Discord chat confirmed that Anime Limited no longer hold these licences.

Like a lot of other people I was also looking forward to Death Parade, Dimension W and Genocidal Organ. I will pick up the US releases at some time. It seems like any Funimation releases that aren't big hits going to have to be imported from now on.

So how does this even happen? Surely if you announce you hold the licence, you must have signed a contract that grants you the licence, and if the licence holders revoke it from you before its time is up they should have to face some sort of penalty?

Not feeling remotely well disposed towards Funimation right now I have to say, which probably lessens the chance of me importing their releases.

I'm glad people aren't going to be continually strung along in hopes of them coming out, allowing them to import.

As I said to Jaysgba on twitter

This is getting to the point where I don't even care if the US releases are Multi region. Its being handled so badly I'm not interested in importing anymore. There might be a few titles that I /must/ own coming up but other than those I'm pretty meh

They had a pretty decent deal, Anime Limited would release titles under the funimation name in the UK (Twin Tail, Yuri Kuma) while also having the option to release titles under their own brand, over the last 12 months this seems to have been totally ruined

Dang it, Sony! This reshuffling, your departments are not a deck of cards, yes, they all say jane in accounting is a card, but they don't mean it literally! Your betting with licenses Here, you think you're playing blackjack but it's roulette, livlyhoods and some great series are on the line here, "put it all on black, like death" you say!

*ahem* I like ALs releases. Very sad that we won't get many of those titles, the titles mentioned in the article that are theorised to still have a license, I imagine AL will only be able to release a handful of them

Back