Anime Limited Reveal ‘Durarara!!x2 Ten’ UK Home Video Details

N

NormanicGrav

It’s been a long wait, but the second arc of DRRR!!x2 is almost here in time for Christmas.

Distributor Anime Limited will be releasing the second arc of Durarara!!’s second season – Durarara!!x2 Ten. Aired during the Summer 2015 anime season, we can now confirm details that the distributor has unveiled about the home video release including its on-disc contents and release date.

Durarara-x2-Ten-1.jpg

ABOUT THE SERIES, STAFF & CAST

Durarara!!x2 Ten is the second arc of three from the second season, based on the novel series written by Ryohgo Narita (Baccano!, Durarara!!). Ten aired during the Summer 2015 anime season in July and simulcasted on Crunchyroll on behalf of Aniplex of America, while the United States & Canada were also offered a simuldub at the same time. Studio Shuka (91 Days, Natsume’s Book of Friends) animated the series with director Takahiro Omori (Baccano!, Durarara!!) returning for the second season. Joining the director are writer Noboru Takagi (Baccano!, Kuroko’s Basketball), music composer Makoto Yoshimori (Natsume’s Book of Friends, Princess Jellyfish), with character designer Takahiro Kishida (Haikyu!!, Welcome to the Ballroom) and original character designer Suzuhito Yasuda (Devil Survivor 2, Is it Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?).

Voice-cast also showcased a number of well-known talent including Daisuke Ono (JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders), Jun Fukuyama (Code Geass), Hiroshi Kamiya (Monogatari series), Toshiyuki Toyonaga (Mobile Suit Gundam AGE), Kana Hanazawa (Nisekoi), Miyuki Sawashiro (Fate/Apocrypha), Yuuichi Nakamura (Fairy Tail), Mamoru Miyano (Steins;Gate) and more. English voice-cast also features well-known actors including Crispin Freeman (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya), Johnny Yong Bosch (Code Geass), Bryce Papenbrook (Attack on Titan), Yuri Lowenthal (Naruto), Steven Blum (Cowboy Bebop) and Michelle Ruff (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya).

The story continues as more chaos ensues—

In the aftermath of the assault against Izaya Orihara, the information broker, signs of new disorder begin to develop like ripples across the water. Holding his own ideals, Mikado gains the powers of both the “Dollars” and the “Blue Squares” and started “cleaning” the bad seeds inside the Dollars. Meanwhile, Shizuo Heiwajima and Tom Watanabe end up hiring Varona for their debt collecting business. Paths cross and trouble brews as the plot thickens in this complicated web of conspiracies.
HOME VIDEO RELEASE DETAILS

The series will receive two different releases much like the other titles that the distributor have released in the past; a Blu-ray Collector’s Edition and a DVD Standard Edition. A Blu-ray Standard Edition will follow after a very long period of time due to Aniplex restrictions.

Both releases will include all 12 episodes of the second arc as well as the on-disc content, the difference is with the disc format and the packaging. On-disc bonus features include Clean Opening, Clean Closing.

Please note that the Durarara!!x2 OVAs are not included with this release, as they are currently exclusive to the Aniplex of America Blu-ray sets.

Durarara-x2-Ten-2.jpg

Durarara-x2-Ten-3.jpg

Blu-ray Collector’s Edition

SRP: £59.99

This edition features a rigid chipboard box with a digipack to house all two Blu-ray discs as well as a 36-page booklet and four artcards.

DVD Standard Edition

SRP: £29.99

This edition is simply the DVD discs housed inside a DVD-sized case.

Release Date & Pre-Orders

The official release date for pre-orders is currently slated for 27th November 2017 and is available for order at numerous online retailers:

All The Anime will commence pre-orders starting this week on 13th November 2017 with an early bird price of £34.99 for the Blu-ray CE and also a £19.99 price for the Durarara!!x2 Shou Blu-ray CE to help folks catch up to speed.

PROMO MATERIAL

Aniplex of America have offered a trailer to promote the series.

Durarara!!x2 Ten as well as the entire x2 season as a whole are available to stream on Crunchyroll in Japanese audio with English subtitles. The show’s first season is also available on the same service, in addition to Netflix with an English dub option.

Continue reading...

Grr I’d go for the early bird if it wasn’t for the fact I just bought Hyouka. Do we know when the early bird finishes? If it’s not until sometime next week I’ll probably take advantage of it.

It’s a nice looking set but I don’t see that much value in it for more than £35, so if I can’t grab it this time I’ll wait for a future sale...

Grr I’d go for the early bird if it wasn’t for the fact I just bought Hyouka. Do we know when the early bird finishes? If it’s not until sometime next week I’ll probably take advantage of it.

It’s a nice looking set but I don’t see that much value in it for more than £35, so if I can’t grab it this time I’ll wait for a future sale...
It’s until the 20th.

Back