Anime Limited licenses GUNDAM RECONGUISTA IN G

NormanicGrav

Quintessential Grav
AUKN Staff
IT'S A GUNDAM!

Yes – it’s true – we’ve licensed the new Gundam show and are about to start the simulcast of it! A few things are different about this quarter’s plan so I figured I’d hop on and explain what’s going on this season…

ABOUT GUNDAM – RECONGUISTA IN G:

SYNOPSIS:
The Universal Century, an era of historic migration into space and space wars has ended, and some time has passed.

It’s now Regild Century Year 1014 (R.C. 1014) where the creation of humanoid mobile suits of war is now taboo and Earth is connected to space via the sacred orbital elevator, Capital Tower, which humanity uses to bring energy in the form of Photon Batteries to the surface.

Bellri Zenam is a cadet in the Capital Guard, the protectors of the tower. During a training exercise pirates attack the tower and Bellri crosses paths with the G-Self, a mobile suit with unknown technology. Bellri is successful in capturing the suit and it’s pilot, Aiida Reihanton, and soon discovers the G-Self, which should only be operable under certain conditions, will now move under his own hand. Now Bellri must pilot the G-Self to uncover the mysteries behind the space pirates, the G-Self and his own destiny. These truths will shke the entire Regild Century to it’s core and this is just the beginning of Reconguista.

WHEN CAN I WATCH THE NEW GUNDAM?
We’ll update this as other platforms go live. For us it will be 2 hours after Japanese broadcast – which this week is episodes 1 & 2. So expect to watch them to be available at 9PM tonight and 8PM every Thursday after!

We’ll confirm if there are any delays too :).

WHERE CAN I WATCH IT?
Right now we’ll be putting the whole thing up week by week on a number of platforms first off – starting with our own website tonight and we’ll announce others in the next few days.

As a side note, all simulcasts arranged via Anime Limited will be restricted to the UK and Republic of Ireland of course too!

YOUR OWN SITE?
Powered by Vimeo on Demand (were you can also view it at http://www.vimeo.com/ondemand/gundam), you’ll be able to watch the first episode there free of charge both on our site and on Vimeo on Demand at the link above. From there you can either buy or rent episodes weekly or all in one go. Prices work out at:

Buy per episode: $2.40 (£1.49 GBP)
Buy whole series: $48.00 (£29.78 GBP aka £1.20 / EP)

Rent per episode: $1.28 (£0.79 GBP)

We’ve also got 25 x 10% off buying the whole series now using the following code: ALLTHEGUNDAM

Don’t worry – other platforms will be doing streaming as per normal and we’ll talk about that more shortly :).

WHY IS IT IN USD?
This is a quirk of Vimeo, we’re not entirely cool with it but we’ll make do with it and hopefully folks will stick with us during it!

HANG ON, WHY ISN’T THIS ON WAKANIM UK?
Wakanim are pretty considerate and caring folk – they’ve taken the feedback they got seriously. While they’re not going away anytime soon, they do want to make some changes and upgrades to the site. To this end they’re taking a break from new simulcasts while they take on board what everyone has said.

We’re running content on Vimeo on Demand and other platforms in the meantime so you don’t get left out though! Should you like what we’re doing we’ll of course keep doing it too powered by Vimeo going forwards.

Looking forward to seeing what they come up with but for now all previously simulcasted shows should remain available on Wakanim.co.uk!

DO YOU HAVE THE HOMEVIDEO RIGHTS?
Yes. No. Maybe. Can you repeat the question?

I think you can guess the answer there though, so watch this space for more details ;)!

###

No doubt we’ll have follow up questions so we’ll try to cover them in subsequent articles about this season – until then, roll on the new Gundam series! It’s been years since I got involved with a Gundam series (last one being Gundam 00 at Beez Entertainment) so both I and the rest of the team here are pretty psyched for this one :D.

- Andrew,
El Presidente, Anime Ltd

Source - All the Anime Blog

britguy said:
I'll be happy to buy this when it comes to blu ray :)
Same, but in the mean time I just used one of the discount codes to buy the digital version as I would much rather watch this on my big telly like I do with CR than on my monitor(no laptop, massive 2 foot tall tower).

Now to see if Build Fighters Try will be put up on Youtube like the first season was.

sniper_samurai said:
britguy said:
I'll be happy to buy this when it comes to blu ray :)
Same, but in the mean time I just used one of the discount codes to buy the digital version as I would much rather watch this on my big telly like I do with CR than on my monitor(no laptop, massive 2 foot tall tower).

Now to see if Build Fighters Try will be put up on Youtube like the first season was.

Gundaminfo have confirmed they will be putting Try on their YouTube channel but so far regions are unknown, it's a safe bet UK will be included.

NormanicGrav said:
Gundaminfo have confirmed they will be putting Try on their YouTube channel but so far regions are unknown, it's a safe bet UK will be included.

Hope the UK and Ireland are included like they normally are on the Gundam.info YouTube channel. The only territory that has been included so far is the Philippines.

Hate when they have the "worldwide" GunPla campaigns though, seeing all the great prizes and then as soon as you log in and say you are in Ireland to be told that there are no competitions running at this time, despite being plastered all over the site :cry:

Nice! Very excited about this - especially an eventual physical release (and hopefully this will open the door for more Gundam)

Not too jazzed about paying for online content - but this solution is definitely preferable to Wakanim, and good to know they took feedback on board.

All in all, should be interesting to see how this pans out, and an encouraging sign for the market as a whole.

Lutga said:
Nice! Very excited about this - especially an eventual physical release (and hopefully this will open the door for more Gundam)

Not too jazzed about paying for online content - but this solution is definitely preferable to Wakanim, and good to know they took feedback on board.

All in all, should be interesting to see how this pans out, and an encouraging sign for the market as a whole.

They are streaming it for free on their own website. The Vimeo route just replaces the DTO and premium DTR services on Wakanim.

This actually seems like a step backward from Wakanim to me, given that only the first episode is being made available free to air. Not that Wakanim's track record for functioning, region-relevant ads in their ad-supported streams was anything less than laughable, but at least the option was on the table. Still, assuming this is a stopgap solution, I shouldn't be too harsh on them.

It seems to suggest other streaming options are available too - they just haven't revealed them yet. But does that mean Crunchyroll, for example, or Netflix?

That said, having an "all the cards on the table" bulk buy for the DTO is perfect and I'd like that to be a thing for Wakanim going foreward.

Cuz, let's face it, anyone who'd not buy it one way or the other will see the show if they're so inclined. I would like to be rewarded for wanting to buy the show with a cheap bulk DTO Purchace option.

I really want to DTO all of Kill La Kill and Dubbed Dandy but god if I want to deal with the freaking Disney Dollars that Wakanim screws off with.

Will check this out and worry about how I'm going to watch the rest after the first episode. I've never really tried Vimeo for proper content.

It's great to see a Gundam show back in the spotlight; all of the official Gundam-specific news is tricky to follow when it's in its own little world.

R

I wonder if this could lead to Anime Limited picking up more Gundam series' in the future?

(Also, I see that Malcolm in the Middle reference).

Lutga said:
It seems to suggest other streaming options are available too - they just haven't revealed them yet. But does that mean Crunchyroll, for example, or Netflix?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd be a happy chappy if they announced a DVD/Blu-ray release of the Build Fighters series. With Wing....I get the feeling that'd sell great in America but did it ever really quite get a fanbase over here?

It has a small nostalgia fan base as it was shown on TV along side Dragonball Z, but as the sets end up on ebay for £60+ so I imagine, a cheaper re-release would go down fairly well.

I'd say Wing was the most popular of the Gundam franchises in the UK since it aired on Cartoon Network round about tea time back in the late 90s/early 2000s when DBZ was huge over here. Its the show most of my friends know of when they think of Gundam. I still haven't picked up it up on disc, so I'd love a Collectors Edition of the show with Endless Waltz.

As for the new series, I've never had the time to get into the UC set series, but I'll probably give this ago, though more likely via CR or Hulu, as I already have accounts and queues set up on those.

Didn't SEED and Destiny get a re-mastered Blu Ray treatment in Japan recently? (not sure if that got rid of the letterboxing or if that's even possible with the show? The show must have been one of the last before everything went widescreen)

Back