UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Girls with Guns

Cardcaptor
Nozomi had some kind of historical linguist consulting for the series, to help instruct the voice actors in using period-era dialects. But even so, I'm sure the accents will still sound a bit off to natural-born Brits, because I do believe most if not all the voice actors used were American.

mikezilla2

Great Teacher
I have KS sets. Also, from Aria or Dirty Pair (in future) xD

Anyway, I have other question, because I lost focus on information... Probably. What's going on with this:

Let the vampires reign again, as Seraph of the End returns to the UK with a new Collector’s Edition, including seasons one and two of the series plus the original soundtrack from Hiroyuki Sawano on CD!

And now I see, that this box has only TV series (without OST)?

Second question, Blood-C Ultimate Edition Blu-ray was already sent? I'm asking, because release date is set for end of April, and I don't receive information abound send package.

this i would like to know as well !

It's hard to say- I'd always put quality over quantity so if the extra pages were unnecessary and Clements is happy with his final draft then I don't really have an issue over it. If it was a case of 'please cut 50 pages as we're cutting the budget' then that's a different issue, but we'll probably never know what those pages would have contained.

I think there's plenty of archival material that could have theoretically been licensed for inclusion. I suppose it's debatable whether or not it would have been worth the expense, for example, to include the Conan portion that's included in Starting Point. I always lean towards yes - I've picked up several books on the basis of chapters that have been included with Criterion or Indicator releases for instance. And I know that there's more material on Conan out there as well.

Anyway, I've come to learn that anime releases will never really have decent extras and to be grateful for anything. Which will never stop me trying to suggest materials that I think should be included, but I never expect that they actually will be. And the idea that Future Boy Conan is getting a 4K UHD release would have been so preposterous to me even this time last year that I would feel too churlish to express anything other than gratitude!

Starting point ?

Titan

Chuunibyou
I have KS sets. Also, from Aria or Dirty Pair (in future) xD

Anyway, I have other question, because I lost focus on information... Probably. What's going on with this:

Let the vampires reign again, as Seraph of the End returns to the UK with a new Collector’s Edition, including seasons one and two of the series plus the original soundtrack from Hiroyuki Sawano on CD!

And now I see, that this box has only TV series (without OST)?

Anime Limited sent out a email to those that pre-ordered, confirming the ost would no longer be included in the collector's edition, and they offered a partial refund of £10 to those who wanted to keep their pre-orders, or a full refund if people wanted to cancel their order.

Second question, Blood-C Ultimate Edition Blu-ray was already sent? I'm asking, because release date is set for end of April, and I don't receive information abound send package.

No, it hasn't been sent yet, as this month's blog post has Blood-C's release date as tbc.

Last edited:

mikezilla2

Great Teacher
Anime Limited sent out a email to those that pre-ordered, confirming the ost would no longer be included in the collector's edition, and they offered a partial refund of £10 to those who wanted to keep their pre-orders, or a full refund if people wanted to cancel their order.

No, it hasn't been sent yet, as this month's blog post has Blood-C's release date as tbc.
Can you point to said Blog entry ?

Suzu

Kiznaiver
Which one is more likely to license Sound! Euphonium Season 2 and Liz and the Blue Bird movie for home video release: Crunchyroll/Funimation or Anime Limited?

Which one is more likely to license Sound! Euphonium Season 2 and Liz and the Blue Bird movie for home video release: Crunchyroll/Funimation or Anime Limited?
Probably neither of them. The Season 1 Collector's Edition sold poorly for Anime Limited, so I doubt Season 2 or either of the two movies will see a UK home video release.

puggym0n

Brigade Leader
Nozomi had some kind of historical linguist consulting for the series, to help instruct the voice actors in using period-era dialects. But even so, I'm sure the accents will still sound a bit off to natural-born Brits, because I do believe most if not all the voice actors used were American.
With the exception of Emma herself, Eileen Montgomery is actually British

Emulsion

Pokémon Master
I used the contact us form on AL shop website to find out how I get a replacement disc 5 for Evangelion, and the response was "Can you confirm the issue that you're having with your specific copy of this disc, so that we can look into this for you?"

I was under the impression that they know what the issue is.

It's subtitles missing on an extra, correct? and which extra?

I have the Zavvi CE by the way.

NormanicGrav

Grav's End Harem
AUKN Staff
I used the contact us form on AL shop website to find out how I get a replacement disc 5 for Evangelion, and the response was "Can you confirm the issue that you're having with your specific copy of this disc, so that we can look into this for you?"

Yeah the issue is the missing subtitles for a deleted live-action scene for The End of Evangelion (which if I remember right is about 15-30 minutes long?) on Disc 5.

Despite the 'some copies' mention, all versions across all English-speaking territories (so UK, US & Australia) had this issue.

lilitu93

Completely Average High School Student
I used the contact form on their website a while ago (maybe a month ago) to request to be added to the list of people who wanted a replacement Eva Disc 5 but never heard back. I also haven’t been sent a replacement, so I guess I need to try again or figure out the email address to use.

Onosume

That Aikatsu Person
AUKN Staff

They're basically just wanting to verify that you own it and aren't scrounging free anime. I'd send them a screenshot or photo of the extra in question.

Still need to look at mine, hasn't been out of the box.

Lavigne

Great Teacher
I got the same question when I asked, and I’d purchased directly from AtA, so I think they’re just asking everyone. Once I stated the issue I got a polite response saying that I’d been added to the list.

Re El-Hazard, I asked a while ago but got no response, so I just imported the Nozomi release instead. I have their release of The Wanderers on pre-order as well.

Does anyone know if they’ve said they have Lupin the 3rd Part 1? I also have the US release pre-ordered but will happily knock that one in the head if an AL version is coming. Seems likely given the amount of other Lupin stuff they’re releasing, but I can’t remember Part 1 being mentioned…