UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Darren Skippings

School Idol
They didn't stop them when they broke the Outlaw Star street date by a considerable amount, I don't seem them doing anything now.
does raise the question, why do they continue to allow them exclusivity deals for products if they then do this?
I guess the amount of money they pay in advance must be huge?

Oldmario

Vampire Ninja
does raise the question, why do they continue to allow them exclusivity deals for products if they then do this?
I guess the amount of money they pay in advance must be huge?
i don't think AL minds about that stuff doing it themself, i think i got the Psycho-Pass blu-ray recently like 3 weeks before the date it was originally delayed to and iirc i've recieved gundam from either them or AoL a couple weeks before release date too

Darren Skippings

School Idol
While looking through Rightstuf, I noticed something that may explain the Evangelion early release via Zavvi, the US release date for both CE and SE, 9/11, not sure if that is useful but it does seem to fit the early release in the UK, weren't they meant to be released in all 3 countries on the same date?

Girls with Guns

Combat Butler
??? Rightstuf has the release date for the Collector's Edition as 8/12 on the product page, which is the correct date - only the Standard Edition is releasing on 9/11 in the US.

Buzzkillington

Za Warudo
Damn, really wish I bought that CE over the UE now... Only reason I didn't is because Zavvi wouldn't let me change my address and I'm meant to be moving before it's release date.

crashb648

Dandy Guy, in Space
I'm a little out of the loop, have All the Anime gained the rights to either Hello World, Belle or Sing a Bit of Harmony?

And if they haven't, how likely do you think they will get them?

Aion

Time-Traveller
Wish I'd ordered it for 80, now. Procrastinated, price went back up to 125 whence next looked, and ended up sticking with the UE in hope it'd be only version to hold value. Alas, if Zavvi ver out of stock, now left waiting a month extra having paid 200 up front for one of two OOP editions. Why can't life/Andrew ever be simple, tis a tragedy, truly.

On the plus side, I put all my DVD singles in two ironically square shaped bags, to make space to put Eva's giant square. That's a positive. When/if it arrives, that is. Sigh, the fates are cruel, cruel I say; forever scorning meee...

Last edited:

Geriatric hedgehog

Thousand Master
I see the link to the Evangelionfilm.co.uk site has never worked but the evangelion.alltheanime.com one does have listings for the cinema showings, so I'm guessing that was the plan all along perhaps. Still a real dearth of subtitled showings with only a few showcase cinemas listed there for subs. Anyone know if we're still awaiting announcements for further subbed showings? Getting a bit twitchy about not having bought a ticket yet...