Anime Limited Announces Exclusive Your Name Promotion for Sainsbury’s

T

Teapot

We’re only a few days away from Anime Limited’s highly anticipated release of Your Name, the award-winning Makoto Shinkai film that we recently awarded a rare 10/10 in our review. While most of us will have likely already decided on our chosen edition by now – Standard, Steelbook or the all-singing, all-dancing Deluxe Edition, but in a surprise announcement, another retailer exclusive edition has emerged. Anime Limited announced this morning a partnership with the Sainsbury’s supermarket to offer an exclusive variant of the film’s standard release, which will include four art cards.

your-name-sainsburys-sticker.png

Like the standard and Steelbook editions, the special Sainsbury’s promotion will be available from the 6th of November. The Deluxe Edition is currently set for release on the 23rd of November exclusively at All the Anime and Zavvi, and includes both BD and DVD versions of the film, plus a rigid box, ten art-cards (one numbered), a folded A3 poster, an 132 book of interviews and art, and a CD featuring the original Japanese soundtrack from RADWIMPS. Anime Limited have also teased a possible addition to the set if circumstances allow, which our sources suggest may be a replica wristband as worn by Taki in the film.

Continue reading...

This is really cool, it's great to see a supermarket encouraging an association with an anime.

Not a huge fan of the film myself, but I'd consider nipping to Sainsbury's and buying a copy. I'm not rich enough to go to Sainsbury's on the regular, so I may need to work out where it actually is. :p

Definitely a good thing to have supermarkets interested in the film. Manga said that gave a huge visibility boost to Origin, and Your Name seems to be a much bigger project than that ever was on these shores. Sadly all of the Sainsbury's stores near where I work are the fiddly convenience store types (and don't even sell proper tinned tomatoes) but I'll look out for it!

R

Back