Anime can change from TV to DVD

bakum4tsu

Pokémon Master
Take a look at this article from Kotaku. It shows how a show can change from when its airing and when its going to dvd. Or just remakes and Evangellion for example.

Things are remade and can change quite a bit. I did see this a few days ago and thought about sharing it.

http://kotaku.com/oh-the-ways-anime-changes-1256126803

ku-xlarge.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

I don't have the images but I recall reading that in the DVD/BD version of Madoka Magica, Walpurgisnact's design in the opening sequence was different to it's appearence in the same sequence later on and they went back and altered the first to match them up.

For Madoka they fixed/changed a ton of stuff

There used to be 3-4 good vids showing various things, a really good one of the Wapurisnact fight, but they've been taken down over time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OZOuA7AZB4 is one that's still online (may contain spoilers)

--

A lot of shows if not the majority seem to get touch ups/fixes for the DvD/BD releases. Geass had at the very least steam removed from shower scenes, Haganai I know had character designs touched up/refined aswell as slightly different perspectives on certain fan service scenes. I recall the attack on titan thread has some good shots of the differences between TV and the DvD/BD. A ton of shows have sunbeams removed of course.

Rosencrantz said:
A lot of shows if not the majority seem to get touch ups/fixes for the DvD/BD releases. Geass had at the very least steam removed from shower scenes, Haganai I know had character designs touched up/refined aswell as slightly different perspectives on certain fan service scenes. I recall the attack on titan thread has some good shots of the differences between TV and the DvD/BD. A ton of shows have sunbeams removed of course.
And in the first episode of Magical girl lyrical Nanoha, they moved a certain ferret several centimetres to the right in one scene on the DVD version so that Nanoha's panties were showing.

In some respects I think it's quite a smart move overall, after all doing 1 episode a week errors are bound to creep in and this gives both a chance to fix them and a reason for someone to consider buying the DvD/BD despite having seen the show once. Boosted fan service is something I can see why they do, and I don't really mind but when you think they edited stuff to show more tits/nipples/panties there's a certain level of wrongness too.

demonix said:
And in the first episode of Magical girl lyrical Nanoha, they moved a certain ferret several centimetres to the right in one scene on the DVD version so that Nanoha's panties were showing.
There's a screenshot in the linked article from Zettai Karen Children where they have done the exact same thing (minus the ferret).

I did Negima back in the day, which was one with some quite substantial changes (a couple of whole episodes were re-animated). Sorry about the screenshots being cut off, it went wrong every time I updated the blog software and I eventually gave up trying to fix it.

They added two pantyshots to the Negima DVDs IIRC, which is surprisingly low given how often they occur in the original manga.

Adding nipples to DVDs used to be a popular pastime, although nowadays they tend to be there from the start but hidden behind mystic light beams or free roaming shadows. Then there's the infamous floating nipples of Sekirei... (site decidedly NSFW, if you hadn't guessed. And I'm talking more than nipples - seriously, do not visit in work, on the bus, or within eye distance of Granny).

Back