Animazing UK releases from ILC Prime

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
UK based DVD distributors ILC Prime have announced the name of their new anime label - 'Animazing' and the first anime DVD release lined up for this new label is The Humanoid. Created in 1986, little is known about this anime except that it is 45 minutes long and will be released by Animazing on the 31st of January.

Their other scheduled DVD releases are Masamune Shirow's (the original creator of Ghost in the Shell) Dominion Tank Police Vol #1 & #2 and La Blue Girl Returns Vol #1 & #2 (hentai)- all of which are expected to hit the UK on 21st March. DVD releases for Project AKO and MD Geist are also expected, but are currently unscheduled.
<span class=menu>Source: <a href="http://www.ukanime.com/">UK Anime</a></span>

Hehe, indeed. It's good to see another UK distributor of anime popping up, but frankly, their starting line up doesn't look like it's gonna get them very far!

La Blue Girl Returns huh? they'll be lucky. Hasn't been cleared by the BBFC yet according to there site where the original La Blue Girl still gets a big fat R (rejected).

from what i guess they had some very good sales from there very budget release of the darkness series and has seen a market for cheap (about £5) anime and hentai release. picking up old manga video (manga video have lost a few of there licences) release is just going to give them better sales as there are already fans. i dont see why they cant make some quite good sales. they are not really out to compete with mvm or adv as they are after a different market ,casual buyers picking up a cheap dvd for a £5.

Re: The Humanoid. I saw it's name mentioned somewhere as a contender for "The Worst Anime of All Time".

I don't know how fair that assessment is, but looking at the rest of the Animazing lineup, it wouldn't surprise me.

(I had to resist typing "it wouldn't animaze me".)

Looking at their releases, they all seem to be sub-licenced from CPM in America. I'm hoping this will be a similiar set up to that of MVM with FUNimation. CPM does actually have some decent anime; I would love to see a 'Now and Then, Here and There' UK DVD release!

aniki said:
Re: The Humanoid. I saw it's name mentioned somewhere as a contender for "The Worst Anime of All Time".

I don't know how fair that assessment is, but looking at the rest of the Animazing lineup, it wouldn't surprise me.

I believe MD Geist is also another contender for "The Worst Anime of All Time". The only thing I know about the series is that its full of blood and death. And that US Manga Corp used the armour from it as their logo (I think).

Getting Utena would rock. What else do CPM have?

MD Geist is terrible, really bad. It's hard to say whether it's worse than Psychic Wars and Vampire Wars.
Dominion Tank Police is a good laugh though, even if it seems a little dated by today's standards. It'd be well worth picking up for a budget price.

Rurouni H said:
What else do CPM have?

According to the AnimeOnDVD review database, they have quite a lot of interesting anime series to offer.

Alien 9, Cyber City, Now and Then- Here and There and Revolutionary Girl Utena all immediately catch my interest. I'll try to contact Animazing/ILC Prime to see if they plan to release more of CPMs stuff.

Ooo, Slayers. Ok, I'm prepared to give them more respect if they can get series like that over here, unless ADV snares them like it did the movies...
Patlabor would be good too.

Dominion Tank Police (and New Dominion) are the best Cyber Punk anime out there! They are what got me into anime in the first place and I can tell you most guys with an average age of say 25 are STILL in love with those cat girls :lol:
I have a set of New Dominion Tank Police DVDs that are so old I don't even know what format they are! but I would definitely get Dominion Tank Police on DVD as all I have are 10 year old (in a whispered voice) taped off of the telly videos!!

Back