Angels of Death: Episode 1

Shadow Cat

Pokémon Master
Crunchyroll Page:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/angels-of-death

------

Very good episode

Some of the scenes (ex: When the bird was killed and when she was hiding) along with both the bad guys reminds me of Clock Tower 3 what was pretty fun. Maybe this is just a J-Horror type thing? (Hopefully we wont be seeing any Magical girl-est Longbows though ;) )

Voice Acting and Animation were also very well done.

I'm looking forward to this show

cat.png

This was okay, though I was annoyed at scythe-guy's design. How do those bandages work to let him talk?

Anyways, will check out another episode or 2. I hope it becomes a better mystery/thriller than Caligua was last season.

I enjoyed the first episode, next week I will be turning the lights off before I start it to try and set the mood a little. I found the scythe Guy somewhat annoying, especially his laugh, and when the second guy turn up I thought there's definitely something fishy about him, I am interested to see where this one goes.

Sadly I’ll be limited to the simuldub of this so am behind. I was planning on watching it anyway but what’s been said so far has definitely got me interested.

I'm seeing the beginnings of a trend with Nobuhiko Okamoto voicing characters in generally edgy/horror anime. First Kaname in Magical Girl Site and now Zack in this show.

Seeing as the game has a score of 9/10 on steam I might give that a go as well to see how well the anime adapts it since game-to-anime adaptations can range from really bad (Danganronpa) to absolutely brilliant (Steins;Gate). I have a friend who's played the game and they've already seen some differences, especially in pacing and Crunchyroll's translation. Though judging from the first episode this looks like it could be a fun series so I'll stick with it for now.

Nobuhiko Okamoto voicing characters in generally edgy/horror anime.
Scrolling through his roles on MAL I noticed that he played Rabbit in Juni Taisen who was fairly unhinged.

I'm guessing the game is sort of like Manhunt, lots of cameras around and kill or be killed set up.
The success will hinge on how deranged/scary the enemies will be and how twisted the story gets. Too twisted and it'll be nonsensical, not enough and it be boring.

The atmosphere of it kind of reminds me of a game I played on the Wii if I remember, there's only 2 people left alive and there are always ghosts trying to attack you, I forget the name of the game but I've gotten to ep 3 and it certainly has that kind of dreary atmosphere, but angels has more of a phsycological edge to it and well, Zack doesn't seen to mind torturing people and killing them horribly. I feel he should be more annoying but spoiling it a bit he kind of fits comedy relief at times (He'd rather kill than think about anything) the first though I'd say is a good start, it does show mainly what to look out for in the series by the end but only further episodes really show the relationship of the main cast

Back