America's anime voice actors descend on the UK in 2006

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
The various UK anime conventions of 2006 are beginning to circulate their line up of guests in anticipation of the new year

<li>AmeCon have recently announced that their guests will include English dub voice actors Greg Ayres (Chrono Crusade) and Monica Rial (Kiddy Grade). The convention will be held at the University of Leicester and kicks off on the 11th of August.

<li>EyeonAnime have spotted that February's "Collectormania" (being held in Manchester) features anime English dub voice actors Sean Schemmel (Dragonball Z) and Veronica Taylor (Pokemon).

<li>Finally, Northern Ireland's Tomo-Dachi 2006 (kicking off July 7th) will star English dub voice actress Tiffany Grant (Neon Genesis Evangelion) and well known British anime expert Jonathan Clements.

Ryo Chan said:
would be my luck that the only even i could get to would have a pokemon and DBZ VA wouldn't it lol
Same here! :( My main reasons for looking forward to the cons are meeting up with friends and preview screenings but I'll certainly be making more of an effort to go to the Q&A and annoncement panels next year.

I have to admit VAs don't interest me as much as distributor reps listing new stuff. Still, it's great to have famous names paying attention tothe UK fan community so there will no doubt be a lot of people who are happy about it (the closet DBZ fans: you know who you are ;) )!

I really like Veronica Taylor. Well her voice at least. She's one of the first VAs I ever heard of way back during my Pokémon phase. She's got better as the years have gone on. I've been to Manchester once or twice so I might be persuaded to drop by...

Monica Rial... *drools*

*Composes self* Yes, I will be doing my best to get up to Leicster in August for that. :D

Also, this brings up the issue of other people from around the London area wanting to go up to either the AmeCon or the Tomo-Dachi in some kind of group. If anyone is remotely interested then there is info in the Conventions section, or you could pm me or something...

Not a fan of Amecon to be honest. At least, not the administrative side of it. Last Ame it was nigh on impossible to get a reply to any emails to them.

I'll be sticking to Minami as far as anime conventions go, but Collectormania, maybe....

I've been thinking of going to Amecon for a while now. However while going there would give me a good oppourtunity to meet ADV/Funimation VAs (remember I want to be one like them as well), at the same time I just think both Greg and Monica are too overrated

I've got no problems with the convention which has Tiffany Grant in it, apart from the fact that it's in Ireland

Makes me wish Achinawa, the convention being held in Glasgow had one or two VAs as guests as well

TBH, I don't do anime conventions for the guests. In fact, I've never been to an anime convention with guests (Expo isn't an anime con as such, just a con with a small anime bit to it). I go for the events & the meeting up with people.

I know most of the 2006 cons still have further announcements to make aswell, which can only bode well for anime fans in the UK in 2006.

Hybridchild said:
While its not the Uk Eirtakon in Dublin next novemeber should have Chris Patton as our guest of honour.

Wait a minute, I thought he was not going because of a problem the con organisers were having?

Hybridchild said:
That was this years that had the problem, a robbery of the societies stock killed our budget, but the plan is for him to be at Eirtakon '06.

I see, to be honest I'd rather meet Chris Patton than Greg Ayers simply because I finf Greg to be highly overrated these days

Now let me make it clear, I don't hate Greg Ayers, I'm sure he's a prety cool guy to be around with. But seriously I just think he's too overrated as a voice actor. I'd have no problems working with him if I do become a VA, but as far as I'm concerned he is overrated

man, why don't any of the good VAs come down to London...Manchester? That's so far away...

And since they got 2 4Kids VAs (Veronica Taylor and Sean Schemmel) coming over to the UK, there might be a chance Dan Green'll come over too at some point!

I don't know much about Greg Ayres, but i hear he's a fan-boy and forced his way up into the VA industry for ADV

Imp said:
And since they got 2 4Kids VAs (Veronica Taylor and Sean Schemmel) coming over to the UK, there might be a chance Dan Green'll come over too at some point!

I read somewhere that Dan Green (real name Thomas Wilson or something :? ) is apparently famous for not coming to conventions, but I have seen pictures of him with groups of excited fans, so there's always a hope I suppose :wink:

I must say I did enjoy his performance in YGO, but his voice sounds exactly the same in whatever role he takes on which annoys me a little. If Eric Stuart ever turned up I may feel a little more inclined to make the journey.

Back