Amanchu! Green-Lit for Second Anime Season

J

Josh A. Stevens

Last summer, several of us at AnimeUKNews were swept away with the seaside delight of slice-of-life anime Amanchu!, a 12-episode series based on Kozue Amano’s original manga and animated by J.C. Staff (A Certain Magical Index, Food Wars). We’ll be diving into the sea of Shizuoka soon however, with a second season announced today for broadcast in April 2018!

The new season will introduce new characters to the series, including Pikari’s sister Kodama Kohinata, who will be played by Aya Suzaki (Kill la Kill‘s Mako). Other new characters include Kokoro Misaki (played by Ai Yamamoto) and Kotori Misaki (Ai Kakuma).

While Junichi Sato (Sailor Moon) is returning as Chief Director, Kiyoko Sayama (Vampire Knight) is taking over directorial duties from Kenichi Kasai. All other key production staff and talent will be reprising their roles.

Click to view slideshow.
The first season and OVA of Amanchu! is currently available to stream on Crunchyroll, who describe the story as follows:

It is spring, the season of great changes. Hikari Kohinata is an overwhelmingly cheerful and outgoing 15-year-old girl who has spent all her life in a small and beautiful seaside town on the Izu peninsula. On the first day of high school, she meets Futaba Oki, a slightly introverted girl who has just moved from Tokyo. Before she knows it, Futaba gets dragged along into Hikari’s passion for scuba diving. And from there, Futaba gradually starts to come out of her shell, and learns how to take challenges and dive into the ocean of life.

Amanchu! was originally broadcast between July-September 2016, with the original manga serialised in Japan’s Monthly Comic Blade magazine. A localised release of the manga has yet to be announced.

Credit to AnimeNewsNetwork for detailed staff information.

Continue reading...

Really looking forward to seeing more of Amanchu! as I really enjoyed Season 1. Trailer looks like it'll be more of the same, but I think for a show like this that's perfectly fine.

Amanchu! is one of the most entertaining shows I watched during that year, and I'm glad that it's done well enough to warrant a second season. The OVA episode was also pretty enjoyable and is worth watching before second season begins airing.

1sJUGmZ.png

UPYO!

Back