Altitude Debuts Mary and the Witch’s Flower English Trailer

J

Josh A. Stevens

From Studio Ghibli alumni and Academy Award nominee Hiromasa Yonebayashi (When Marnie Was There), the newly formed Studio Ponoc will take flight in UK cinemas next year with their magical first feature film, Mary and the Witch’s Flower. Today, Altitude has released the first English dubbed trailer of the film, which you can watch now, courtesy of The Telegraph.

Mary-Poster.jpeg

The English language cast is led by 13-year old Ruby Barnhill (Steven Spielberg’s The BFG) and is supported by the talents of Kate Winslet (Titanic), Jim Broadbent (Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince) and Ewen Bremner (Transpotting).

Based on The Little Broomstick by British author Mary Stewart, AnimeNewsNetwork describes the film’s story as:

It is Tib the black cat who leads Mary to the strange flower in the woods. When she discovers a little broomstick shortly afterwards, she is astonished to feel it jump in to action. Before she can gather her wits, it is whisking her over the treetops, above the clouds, and in to the grounds of Endor College, where: ‘All Examinations Coached for by A Competent Staff of Fully-Qualified Witches.’

Mary and the Witch’s Flower will be released in UK cinemas at a currently unspecified time next year – but keep an eye on Anime UK News for future updates!

Continue reading...

I've been constantly checking every day for news of the UK release date for months now, this is my most anticipated film for years, the subject, colour palette and background art is just too much for me to handle. The dub doesn't seem too bad, I'm just glad that they actually went with English voice actors given that it's set in rural England.

I'm really looking forward to seeing this and Hopfully we have a And release date soon. Will probably take my little boy to watch it with me as he likes stories about witches and wizards.

Back