Alice's artwork

Alice

Student Council President
People seem to make topics where they post all of their artwork so I thought I'd make one too!

There are three sites in which I post whatever I think good enough to share with other people; My Virb site (http://www.virb.com/alicesuttle), DeviantART (http://www.alicesuttle.deviantart.com) and on Myspace (http://www.myspace.com/alicesuttle). If anyone is interested in my stuff though, I will continue to post it here too! I would love to know what you think of it. Alternatively, you can view everything in one place at either of those places.

(I mainly draw Surrealism btw)

===

Ruled By Secrecy - pencil drawing. November 2007.

Title and inspiration come from the song "Ruled By Secrecy" by Muse. Video of live performance here (recommended, Muse have won numerous awards for best live act, best British band and lots more): http://youtube.com/watch?v=-_tA-WS3h80&feature=related

===

Misery - pen drawing. December 2007.

I finished this last night and felt sad when I looked at the final piece, hence the title.

===

Eager Sleuth - pen drawing. September 2007.

Created because of my love for Sherlock Holmes. /NERD

===

I have more to share if people are interested! :) Thank you!

These are really great and unusual, great texture to them all, with nice light and shadow contrast, nice work.
Def post more^^

That first ones freaking me out.

Thank you very much Outlaw!

===

Jeremy Brett as Sherlock Holmes, unfinished - August 2007.

I will finish it at one point! However, I quite like this unfinished picture.

Thank you very much for your comments! They mean a lot to me.

I'm working on a detailed pen drawing at the moment (should be finished soon) but for now, here is another piece.

===

They Call Me Che' - Early 2007.

This was my first try at an acrylic canvas painting.

===

Also, I added my DeviantArt link to my original post. Please feel free to add me on there! :D

Voddas said:
Very Impressive. I love your work. It's different but in a cool way. I hate stuff that's too samey.

That's a great compliment, thank you very much!

I'm almost done with my latest pen drawing (and I'm looking forward to sharing it) so I'll post it when I'm finished. For now though, here's a simple pen drawing but one I am fond of:

For You Blue - August/September 2007.

===

Your Welcome ^^

This next picture is cool too. Hope he's finished coz adding eyes would just take smthing away from it :) He could be looking anywhere :eek:

That Che' painting is amazing, for your 1st go at acrylics! And you gave a grasp at the life drawing skills.
The drawing can be 2 things in my view:
A good illustration of a portrait.
or; A surreal portrait, which can be disturbing, given from a certain "angle".

Very nice stuff.

Outlawstar said:
Holy lamb of divine christ, words cant explain the sheer amazingness of this.
Hats off to you.

Haha, that's the best comment I've ever had! Thank you, Outlaw. :D

I really enjoy drawing with ordinary ballpoint biro pens as the finished product is always really pleasing for me. It's a bit of challenge but it's great fun to experiment with different media.

Must admit I'm very jealouse. That's a real professional job there Alice. Hope your looking to do this as a job otherwise the people will be missing out on some great art work.

Voddas said:
Must admit I'm very jealouse. That's a real professional job there Alice. Hope your looking to do this as a job otherwise the people will be missing out on some great art work.

That's so flattering, thank you!

I would love to do something creative professionally but I know I'll end up doing something much less impressive, LOL. Hopefully I'll be doing some Open University art courses this year to get some qualifications!

:D

Voddas said:

I can back them up there. They're are excellent drawings, the quality is near photo-realistic, Well done!

Wildcard said:
Voddas said:

I can back them up there. They're are excellent drawings, the quality is near photo-realistic, Well done!

Thank you so much! I'm planning out my next piece (I want to do another painting) at the moment.

Back