Akira Ratings

Paradox295

Pokémon Master
Akira recieved 57,000 viewers on Saturday 26th July. While the +1 airing recieved 10,000.

It managed to be the 5th most watched show of the week.

p66s2.png

Manga previously reported it got 44k viewers, but that probably didn't take into account people watching on Syfy HD.

christor said:
Pretty impressive.... but SyFy probably still won't show any more anime. Not when they can air Sharktopus again... :roll:

MangaUK did tweet that if Akira did get ratings that other anime films could air:

Origin: Spirits of the Past
Summer Wars
The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
GITS 2.0
GITS Innocence
Redline

http://twitter.com/#!/MangaUK/status/83631187922399232

Of course I don't know if we can count 57,000 viewers as good ratings, I think it is.

MangaUK did tweet that if Akira did get ratings that other anime films could air:

Origin: Spirits of the Past
Summer Wars
The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
GITS 2.0
GITS Innocence
Redline

http://twitter.com/#!/MangaUK/status/83631187922399232

Of course I don't know if we can count 57,000 viewers as good ratings, I think it is.

oooh Redline. Schweeet! I have all the others, but if it snares in some new fans, it would be great if they aired them all.

memorium said:
Summer Wars and TGLTT won't interest me much has I already own them, GITS I'm gonna keep an eye on though
im sure gurren largann and or summer wars would make the rating fly if people knew more about gurren largann

Holy shi-! at some of the stuff that beat it.

But hey, it's good to know there are 57k anime fans in the UK lololololol

ilmaestro said:

well lets say there are 57k people in the uk that watched akira and 70% of them was anime fans and the other 30% was woundering what it was or they was bored so the watched akira. however lets say there was anime fans that didn't know about akira appearing on tv there could be even more fans in the uk

ilmaestro said:

More precisely 57K who also have a Sky box subscribbed to ScFy. :wink:

ok so lets see

for fans who dont have sky
who didn't know it was on
those who seen it before and didn't want to watch it again
there must be at least 80.000-100.000 fans in total

Back