ADV UK confirm Peace Maker

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
After quietly appearing on the BBFC website last Friday, ADV UK have today confirmed to us that they have snapped up Peace Maker for a UK DVD release. More details are expected to be revealed at the upcoming UK anime convention AyaCon (August 19-21).

<a href="http://www.animenfo.com/animetitle,1270,xvewuf,peace_maker_kur.html">Peace Maker</a> (a.k.a Peace Maker Kurogane), a 24 episode samurai "period drama" from the ever-popular Studio Gonzo, was originally mooted for a UK release in an opinion poll posted on the ADV UK website back in January, a poll that also included Madlax and Saiyuki.

Hmmm....first i've heard of it.

I remember voting for Saiyuki in the opinion poll and even e-mailed ADV regarding it's release, they told me they own the rights but little else. To be fair i'd rather see Saiyuki or Madlax but I'll certainly check Peace Maker out.

Watching the trailer for this on the R1 Madlax dvd , I have to say I dont think ive ever been so put off a series before its release. While im sure some will look forward to this , its way down my own list .

i watch the fansubs of this and i liked it and will be getting the seire for sure.
if you dont want it for plot (which is not that bad) you should be it for the animetion and the fight sense there are very good :)

i have the R1 dvd's of peacemaker (first 3 vols) and maaan its really good. it doesnt drag on or anything, its funny, slick sharp animation, and the fight scenes are cool.
its a must for any samurai lovers or those who want good anime.

i never even thought of ADV bringing it to the uk, well here you have it ^_^

Back