A Naruto ending relationship discussion (fan shipping opinions)

Original topic: Sasuke And Hinata Should Have Married Each Other At The End Of The Naruto Series

Hello AnimeUKNews forums!

I have come to enlighten the world that has neglected a obvious potential of TRUE love which will be revolving around Sasuke Uchiha and Hinata Hyuga within this topic, It is indeed and unfortunately true that the naruto manga that's right naruto manga has ended however a new manga named Boruto will be which means naruto will be once again become a open story subjectable to change and influence will arise which of course can affect the current pairings of naruto which is a major part of the agenda of this topic, but without further ado here are very plausible and solid reasons as to why Sasuke Uchiha and Hinata Hyuga should have been the End Cannon Paring of Naruto!

I'm aware that it is a bit long of a read but that just only shows how much sense Sasuke and Hinata makes as a pairing!! so please bear with it and you will understand and enjoy!

qstkjt.jpg

I have written some posts about SasuHina pairing (Sasuke Uchiha-Hinata Hyuga from Naruto) but I want to compile all about them here also add some more so you can read it easily. So why do I think SasuHina should be canon?

1. THEIR DEVELOPMENT

Some of you perhaps doubt about SasuHina because of development. SasuHina never interacted directly in manga or anime. Their only speaking scene is only in movie “Bonds” that is considered a filler or in “Road To Ninja” CD drama, but the latter involved their different selves. But DID YOU KNOW that they have so many SIMILIARITIES?

-They are quiet and calm

2dukpk5.jpg

-They have kekkai genkai

2nvqmv6.jpg

-They are from two of most respected clans in Konoha

o6cq41.jpg

-They are looked down by their fathers

nwh8o4.jpg

2nr31h3.jpg

-They have strong relatives to look up to and those so-called strong relatives died

30kw0ue.jpg

-They always use costumes with matching colors (even in game!)

30hmvcp.jpg

-Their blood types are the same with Fugaku-Mikoto Uchiha (A for the women & AB for the men) and according to blood type relation, they will have a stable relationship with the man leading (very true to their traits as well; Hinata is submissive while Sasuke is dominant). Meanwhile NaruSaku is also said to be harmonius.

s1uf51.jpg

-Their appearances will look like Fugaku-Mikoto Uchiha

f4kx9y.jpg

Coincident? NOPE! There are TOO MANY similiarities to be called “just coincident!” I think Kishimoto put them in purpose for SasuHina. Yeah, you asked for development? THESE are their developments! These so-called “coincidences” are built along Naruto canon time. And with those many similiarities, I am sure they will understand each other very well.

THEIR TRAITS

I think Hinata will be the best one for Sasuke, because :

1.She is THE ONLY ONE Who is Not Sasuke’s Fangirl

33vp56e.png

It means that Hinata won’t be interested in boys for petty reason like good looks or famous clan or high class ability. She would rather look at people’s inner beauty. Sakura and Ino are just into Sasuke’s looks. Karin tried to seduce Sasuke because he is hot. If Sasuke were ugly, would the girls still be interested in him? NO! Sasuke himself NEVER looked like as if he was interested in his fangirls although some of them have hugged, molested, or flirted with him shamelessly.

2. She Has A Long Hair

wkmrl1.gif

Sasuke said that he likes girl with long hair, while Sakura or Karin both don’t have that kind of hair most of the time. Making SasuSaku or SasuKarin canon would diminish canon traits of Sasuke. That means the “canon ending” itself is OOC! SasuIno would be possible IF Ino was not a fangirl.

3. She is Not Noisy

inz60i.jpg

Sasuke doesn’t appreciate too much noise, while almost all Konoha’s kunoichis are talkative or/and loud EXCEPT for Hinata. Karin is not a quite one as well. So, if you wanna make that oh-so-canon-Sasuke’s-pairing, a noisy girl is a big NO NO for him. Again, the “real canon” is OOC because everybody knew that Sakura is noisy.

4. She Has The Best Genes Available

2dgj5vs.png

Uchiha is said to be Hyuga’s descendants so Sasuke’s Uchiha genes will be more preserved if he married a Hyuga. Hinata is the only Hyuga who fits his criteria (not fangirl, not noisy, long hair) so it is clear that they should be together to procreate better Uchiha children. Since Sasuke is the last Uchiha, he should preserve his genes as much as he can, right? Maybe his decendants can marry each other as cousin later to preserve the genes more but for now, Hyuga is the best choice to restore his clan.

Not to mention Hyuga has the traits to produce twins so Sasuke’s clan can be revived much faster than if he tried it with an ordinary girl. Also, think about the power that can be obtained by the mix of Uchiha-Hyuga!

j9y8tg.png

Sasuke clearly needs powerful succesor to revive the clan. And as the renowned clan, Hyuga can help to protect and assist Uchiha both inside or outside the council/court in its journey to restore its former glory.

Now see the result of OOC canon? Uchiha is alone in its rebuilding path (Naruto is so distant, Sakura is clanless) and the only heir is a girl who wears glasses! Wow!

Why does an Uchiha descendant wear glasses? Won’t she go blind if sharingan is activated like Itachi that actually had NORMAL eyes? Yeah, this is the most screwed out scenario from the so-called “new flame of Uchiha” whatsoever or SALAD. Not only she doesn’t have that cool Uchiha looks but her genes are so bad that her supposed-to-be-family’s-techniques now perhaps is useless on her. An Uchiha with glasses? That is unheard of! Maybe she is really adopted afterall?

If she by any miracles managed to not blind activating sharingan, that means OOC card is used again. And how can she revive Uchiha if she will change her family name once she gets married? (most likely to an Uzumaki, nonetheless). Yeah… yeah… good bye forever, Uchiha! Not only your sharingan will only be a distant memory but your family name too! The flame looks so deem already!

5. She Does Not Have An Unique Hair Colour

4jm4pe.png

Imagine Uchiha in pink or red or blond. Doesn’t seem so “Uchiha”? I think so too. But indigo is closest to dark, so Hinata won’t make strange Uchiha ever.

6. She is Submissive and Needs Protection

23mpvl.jpg

Hinata is submissive by nature so won’t object Sasuke’s domination, but not to the point of total submission like Sakura. That’s because she has strong back-up from her clan and does not love him foolishly to not let him go if he tries anything funny.

She is also not made as strong as Sakura. That is why she needs protection from time to time. Uchiha is so much protective towards their loved ones so they will be perfect together; there are someone who wants to protect and someone who needs to be protected.

7. She Has Never Been Hurt By Him

2r56syc.png

SasuSaku is the definition of worst abusive couple ever in anime and manga history. Karin also has ever been hurt and almost killed by Sasuke.

2z6z14l.png

Hinata in the other hand was spared from Sasuke’s atrocitities over the years. So SasuHina will be a very healthy relationship. Not going to lie, but from first hand experience, it is so very hard to not hold grudges from abusive treatments, moreover killing attempts.

8. She Considered Him As Close Friend

She called him “Sasuke-kun” both in canon and filler (movie) so she thought of him as a close one. You can see it in Juubi war arcs and movie “Bonds”. Japanese people are so polite, they won’t add “kun” to a stranger’s name. Besides, Uchiha and Hyuga were actually neighbours in Konoha so it is impossible to not meet or at least know each other.

15ga68m.jpg

Aren’t they in the same academy as well? Even they sat closely in class. So, the argument that they don’t know each other because they never seemed to speak is wrong.

9. She is His “Light”

1z1g01l.jpg

Sasuke and Hinata are like yin and yang. Sasuke represents darkness and Hinata represents light. He is so rude and she is so kind. He is so strong and she is so weak. They complement each other very well. Hinata can help Sasuke to be a better person and Sasuke in return can make Hinata stronger. Can it be sweeter?

10. She Looks Like His Mother

I wrote above that SasuHina looks like FugaMiko. Even Hinata’s appearance in chapter 700 seemed like Mikoto while Sakura looked like Kushina (remember that “find a girl like me” phase from Kushina?).

seatcj.jpg

How could their roles get switched? Tell me it is genjutsu! It is so obvious that they are OOC and not meant to be that way! NaruSaku and SasuHina should happen instead!

THEIR MOMENTS

I’ve written before that SasuHina is most likely to happen if the manga proceed to the right direction and if only Kishimoto manned up and did what he intended from beginning. Here are the re-explanations of their moments (I added a few other things too):

1. Chuunin Exams, the only canon moment (but non-speaking one) between SasuHina where Hinata looked in awe to Sasuke after he beat Yoroi. She recognized his strenght.

2. In movie “Bonds”, they spoke briefly but some fans said that it was unusual for Sasuke to notice someone like that. I don’t know if it was my imagination, but Sasuke seemed to give Hinata an INTENSE glare. Moreover Sasuke was protecting Hinata’s ship. Why would he do that? He was not the caring Sasuke like in Part 1 who could protect his teammates. Hinata was supposed to be nobody to him at that point. So why did he bother to protect her while Naruto was around? If he did nothing, Naruto would be able to send rasengan from his position. Even Naruto was thankful for his action. Orochimaru also asked whether something good happened to him because he sensed Sasuke was happier. Perhaps it was because of Hinata?

3. In “Road to Ninja”, Charasuke (Sasuke) was interested in Hinata also had his heart beat faster. Since Hinata in RTN still loved Menma (Naruto), maybe the real Sasuke’s feelings was also similiar with his counterpart? (Sasuke and Hinata have so many similiarities in real world, right?)

4. In Naruto’s ending “Cascade” by Unlimits, there are Sasuke-Hinata-Naruto-Sakura. Hinata was seen to look at Sasuke while Sakura was the opposite. If NaruSaku was to be canon, then maybe actually SasuHina too?

5. In chapter 700, Sasuke was travelling around the world without caring for his “happy” family so his so-called “daughter” felt neglected. Why did he do that while nothing urgent happen to him? Where is his “love” for his number-one-fangirl-that-suddenly-raises-a-child-for-him? If a man loved his family so much, he wouldn’t neglect them, moreover if nothing important happened. Maybe he doesn’t love his family enough to stay with them because he loves SOMEONE ELSE, namely, Hinata? (based on previous analysis).

6. In “The Last Movie”, he didn’t attend Hinata’s wedding with Naruto while the groom was his best of the best bestfriend. If your bestfriend got married, while you had all time in the world, would you came? OF COURSE any NORMAL man would! But Sasuke wouldn’t do that simplest act for his bestie after all Naruto has done for him. Maybe because he couldn’t see Hinata married to another man?

THEIR POPULARITY

You can’t deny that SasuHina is one of the most popular Sasuke’s hetero pairings over there. Its popularity exceeds SasuKarin, SasuIno and almost all other Sasufemale pairings. Since SasuSaku is so abusive and unhealthy (and Sakura is better off with Naruto anyway according to CANON moments), who is the best to be paired to Sasuke for canon other than Hinata? Karin can be with Suigetsu and Ino can be with Shikamaru/Kiba/Sai (I don’t object SaiIno).

SHOULD BE CANON!

From those observations, according to common and canon senses, SasuHina should be canon. Other ships will negate some of Sasuke’s canon traits like his fondness of long haired girl, calmness, etc. It is okay to ship other pairings in AU like in fanfiction or fanart, but not in canon because they won’t fit in.

As a fangirl of Sasuke, actually I also want Sasuke to be mine only. But I can see that for the best and canon senses, it should be Hinata. I am not that forceful towards my OTP. From previous post, you know that I love Legolas-Eowyn (The Lord of The Rings) and Harry-Cho (Harry Potter). None of them canon but I didn’t complain because I knew they were not meant to be in canon. I can accept Faramir-Eowyn and Harry-Ginny although a bit dissappointed.

But Naruto is a different case. NaruSaku should be canon from their developments while SasuHina is the only possible pairing for Sasuke from canon point of view.

If you still disagreed after knowing all those points, then try to read SasuHina fanfic. I was too formerly not into this pairing but after read some random SasuHina fanfics, suddenly I changed my mind! It made me crave for more and addicted to it in no time! The timid Hyuga and arrogant Uchiha create the best romance possible in Naruto!

Unlike SasuSaku who often changes Sakura into a person she is not, like an independent or harsh woman (while in canon she is meek and total submissive in front of Sasuke), Hinata is being herself most of the time in SasuHina. She DOESN’T NEED TO CHANGE to be the suitable one for Sasuke. She is true to herself and Sasuke also is true to himself (cool and arrogant) but they still work out. THIS is a relationship that I look for : sweet, makes sense and healthy where the couple can be themselves. SasuSaku can be as sweet as cherry but Sakura or Sasuke must change into another person. They can stay in fanworks actually with healthier relationship because they can’t be an example in canon. SasuKarin? Please, when Karin seduced Sasuke, it reminded me of a b*tch. And Sasuke didn’t seem to react to that sexual moves, did he? If he loved her, he would not act so passively towards her.

As his fangirl, I want Sasuke to be with a kind of yamato nadeshiko type of girl, who is modest, calm, caring, loving, cooking well, can be a good mother for his kids, and can be role model for them too. Hinata Hyuga is the only girl in Sasuke’s age that fit into those categories.

POSSIBLE FUTURE

I have written my SasuHina headcanon ending here, but many fans also created their own SasuHina headcanon. Some that I love are:

Fanfic

1. Sweet Union
Sweet Union Chapter 1, a naruto fanfic | FanFiction

Summary : Sasuke Uchiha knows how precious his new life is. After the 4th Shinobi war, dangers still threatens his new family. Sasuke will do anything to keep Hinata and his son safe. He will protect his most cherished people from his enemies past or present.

This is one of the best current headcanons in fanfiction. NaruSaku-SasuHina happened in most current Naruto setting. Naruto was becoming Hokage, Sakura worked in the hospital, Sasuke became high ranked ANBU and Hinata was a jounin with her own team. This is like a dream come true for me! If only Kishimoto gave us this type of ending…

2. Her First
Her First Chapter 1: Her First Meeting, a naruto fanfic | FanFiction

Summary : He was The Uchiha Sasuke. He was the ex-Avenger, the most feared shinobi in the great nations! He was- “Daddy, I wanna get down!” -a loving father.

This was made before the ending but still good and relevant enough to current Naruto setting. The family interaction is so sweet that it can melt you inside!

3. How To Lie Your Way To Power
How To Lie Your Way To Power Chapter 1: Lack of Plan, a naruto fanfic | FanFiction

Summary : After taking the position of hokage, young Naruto has been struggling for over a year. Power hungry factions grew all over Konoha and no one trusts him. To gain influence in the council, he must retake his ANBU. This is where jonin Uchiha Sasuke, a long forgotten Marriage Contract and adviser Shikamaru’s lack of imagination, stepped in to save the day.

If you want more Naruto story after ending which is full of actions, conspirations, and battle of wits, this is the story for you. It is not a typical momma soap opera like Gaiden or trash filled with copycat slash spoiled kids like Boruto Movie. It is like the real Naruto ending with IC characters and believable love story. The pairing of course SasuHina – NaruSaku but their development built from scratch, not suddenly appeared out of nowhere. This author should write Naruto 699+ not Kishi! At least this story is realistic!

Fanart

23ij61j.jpg

I have mentioned in previous post that I love this SasuHina family, consist of one set of twins and two other siblings. One byakugan user and three sharingan users, two boys and two girls. Perfect for Uchiha’s revival!

24fa2cj.jpg

SasuHina’s son named Daichi made by fans. He is cool and good-looking, really convinces me that he is really Sasuke’s child because he looks like him, not ugly or nerd. I have posted about a pretty SasuHina’s daughter named Mana here and they could be cute siblings. Mana can hold sharingan while Daichi holds the byakugan. Cool!

140ceie.jpg

SasuHina’s family I found somewhere. They look really good. I especially love the youngest child (in the middle). He resembles Sasuke with Itachi’s hairstyle. Really good looking and much much better than Salad will ever been.

2j4c7rb.jpg

Sanada is cool. He is the perfect mix of Uchiha-Hyuuga genes with Itachi’s appearance. He must be really strong and deserves to be the next Uchiha clan head, not some copycat “daughter” wearing glasses that still has unknown ability with sharingan (also with OOC-ness potential!). Sanada even can unlock new doujutsu as the result of the combination of sharingan and byakugan.

261gt54.jpg

These SasuHina’s kids are good looking, especially the girl. She is so pretty! I am sure she will be the new village heartthrob just like his father. This is what Uchiha girl should look like! I can’t understand until now why did Kishimoto draw a girl so ugly as Salad? I really doubt now that she has any connection with Sasuke. My precious baby who is said to be one of the most handsome men in Konoha and has a mother so beautiful wouldn’t ever have produced something so ugly like that! I am sure Salad is the daughter of some unknown deceased Uchiha adopted by Sasuke out of pity, then she was given to Sakura to be raised. If Sasuke is to have daughter, at least she must be pretty like this girl above!

Okay, this is for now. I may post another ones later if there are something new I want to add.

Long live SasuHina!

Last edited by a moderator:
while I appreciate the effort you've gone to here... I kinda wonder if some of this is just such highbrow irony/mockery that i'm just not smart enough to get it?

I think this is legit the weirdest first post that we have had here in quite some time. Please note that I've removed the original topic title as it's a Naruto spoiler and not everyone has finished the Naruto series.

Taking your topic seriously for a moment, I think you're entitled to ship whichever pairing you like but some of those reasons made me raise an eyebrow. I don't have a horse in this race since I dropped Naruto years ago at a point in the story where Sasuke was still being a massive dork, but for the sake of debate I don't think any of the following are solid reasons to date (let alone marry) another human being:
  • Having similar hereditary genetic traits. Sort of problematic for various reasons involving racism, though I know you weren't angling for that.
  • Being from respected clans. Most fairy tale romances are boosted by relationships which cross cultural or social lines.
  • Wearing matching clothes. I can confirm that if you regularly do this in the real world as a couple, a lot of people will laugh at you.
  • They will resemble Sasuke's parents in couple pictures and she specifically looks like his mother. This really isn't a solid way to pick a mate in my world.
  • Hinata has long hair of a non-unique colour. This can change at any time; didn't she have short hair at one point? I don't think that dating someone who doesn't 100% conform to his idea of an ideal woman (physically) means Sasuke's canon traits are diminished. Most people in real life relationships settle for something that isn't exactly what they fantasised about in their youth; my own partner didn't end up being a 2m tall succubus with long purple hair, and I'm ok with that.
  • Optimal genes. Um. He's picking a life partner, not breeding the Übermensch.

R

6. In “The Last Movie”, he didn’t attend Hinata’s wedding with Naruto while the groom was his best of the best bestfriend. If your bestfriend got married, while you had all time in the world, would you came? OF COURSE any NORMAL man would! But Sasuke wouldn’t do that simplest act for his bestie after all Naruto has done for him. Maybe because he couldn’t see Hinata married to another man?

Sasuke didn't attend because he secretly likes Naruto. That is the only explanation!

As you even pointed out, Sasuke and Hinata never even interacted with each other at any point in the canon series. Contrast that however, with Hinata's constant support of Naruto right from early age, through adolescence and adulthood. Hinata deserved Naruto imo. Although to be fair:
Choji never spoke to Karui, did he? Man, that pairing was weird

In regards to Sasuke not attending Naruto and Hinata's wedding, I'm admittedly not clued up on the timing of epilogue material, but could it have been possible that Sasuke still hadn't been pardoned at that point, so was technically still a rogue ninja? After all, it took a lot from Kakashi and exploiting Naruto's post-war reputation just to make it possible. Him seemingly not caring enough about Sakura and Sarada can likely just be attributed to Sasuke being a dick tbh.

• Optimal genes. Um. He's picking a life partner, not breeding the Übermensch.
It's a consideration though, surely? I mean our kids are going to have to fight in the resource wars and possibly against superior robots (though they're going to lose the latter fight anyway).

I know nothing about Naruto.

It's a consideration though, surely? I mean our kids are going to have to fight in the resource wars and possibly against superior robots (though they're going to lose the latter fight anyway).

Well, maybe he decided that Sakura's genes would be more useful for yelling at those robot overlords or something. Or she decided that his would be, and she was tougher than Hinata in the mud wrestling championship match they decided to have to settle things off camera. It's something we can only theorise about*.

--

On a slight tangent, I doubt Josh meant it this way but I know some people do when it comes to shipping so I'll say it; I'm always a little squicked by the idea that one person in a harem series 'deserves' another. I've heard it mentioned a few times in the context of Naruto, the idea that Sakura 'earned' Sasuke by sticking by him through thick and thin, or that Hinata 'earned' Naruto by stalking him for years, or that Naruto 'deserved' Sakura because he's a nice guy from the viewer's perspective and had a crush on her. That's really not how relationships work :S

R

* If this is actually specifically covered in the canon material then I am prepared to concede this point.

While I'm pretty happy with the way Naruto ended and who ended up with whom (it was kinda obvious) - I've never been the biggest fan of the way Kishimoto treats his female characters, which is a shame as in terms of personality and design, they're mostly of very high quality. It's just the way he puts them to use in the story that I have issue with - mostly in the fact that after an initial introduction or particularly cool sequence 'eg. the Sakura / Sasory fight' they get sidelined for the rest of the series and then only get very minimal character development. But then again, maybe that's the downside of having such an immense cast.

On a slight tangent, I doubt Josh meant it this way but I know some people do when it comes to shipping so I'll say it; I'm always a little squicked by the idea that one person in a harem series 'deserves' another. I've heard it mentioned a few times in the context of Naruto, the idea that Sakura 'earned' Sasuke by sticking by him through thick and thin, or that Hinata 'earned' Naruto by stalking him for years, or that Naruto 'deserved' Sakura because he's a nice guy from the viewer's perspective and had a crush on her. That's really not how relationships work :S

R

* If this is actually specifically covered in the canon material then I am prepared to concede this point.
Yeah, I didn't mean "deserves" as in Hinata produced an invoice of all the nice things she's done, then demanded payment through romantic means, but more that, Hinata was always so sweet and precious that you just wanted to root for her and for her to be happy. Sakura however, could be an annoying turd at times (I mean, she was a right brat to begin with imo).

I was personally in the Naruto-Sakura camp for a while, but looking back, I'm glad that Kishimoto established that a man and a woman can be close friends without wanting to go that extra step. Naruto realising he reciprocated Hinata's feelings was admittedly handled really clumsily in The Last though. Then again, pretty much every pairing was handled clumsily (I think Shikamaru-Temari was the only one that felt "natural").

Last edited:
The pairing Sasuke x Hinata inspires a large spectrum of reactions. Many hate it, a small faction love it, and most don’t really care, but the question I see most asked about SasuHina is, “WTF? Have they even met? How does it make any sense?” These are seemingly reasonable questions, but the answers aren’t so clear. No, they have never really interacted in the anime or manga, but I challenge that yes, the pairing can make sense.

Let me begin by saying that I’m not trying to make out SasuHina to be anything more than a fanon pairing. In this essay I’m trying to describe why I love this pairing even without any interaction. I am not discussing what the chances are of SasuHina becoming canon. This pairing is based purely on speculation about how their relationship could be, which has so much potential that the speculation alone makes the pairing my current OTP.

I'm also not trying to convince anybody. If you hate SasuHina, fine, you're completely within your rights to do that. I wrote this for the fans of the pairing but mainly for the people who had the "wtf?" reaction, the people who don't understand why people ship this. It's to give a view into the mind of SasuHina fandom, not to attack any other pairing or prove anything wrong or right.

Uchiha Sasuke
Naruto-Episode133_169.jpg

Uchiha Sasuke is a young man whose life has been frozen since the age of eight. Almost all of his actions, thoughts, emotions, and motivations are based on the memories of his childhood. Even before we truly know about Sasuke’s past in detail, this is obvious from the way he acts in crucial, life-or-death situations. During his battle with Haku during the Wave Arc, his last thoughts before “dying” are:
Naruto27-15.jpg

He’s just given his life to save his friend, and yet all he can think about is how he failed to kill his brother. When Sakura is trapped in Gaara’s sand, it’s the same way.

chapter133page12.jpg

He’s willing to give his life again to let his friends escape, and both his regret at his previous pseudo-death and his resolve to give up his life again are based on one thought pattern: “I’ve lost everything once. I have to make things different this time.” The most important thing we learn from this is that Sasuke has lost everyone he cared about at once, and this event shaped his personality and mentality.

Sasuke’s heroic actions at these points make it particularly horrifying and confusing to readers when he eventually betrays his village to go to Orochimaru. He was willing to die to save his friends, but now he’s betraying them, even going as far to try to kill Naruto? How could it make sense? Then, we finally see Sasuke’s past, and everything, every action he has taken and will take, every thought and emotion, comes together to form one cohesive picture of Sasuke.

It’s difficult to make a brief summarization of Sasuke’s past, but the main points in his flashback are:

Sasuke’s brother, Itachi, overshadows him in almost every way, and it is Sasuke’s main goal to catch up to him.
Sasuke’s father often ignores Sasuke in favor of his brother, which leaves Sasuke feeling neglected and further increases the one-sided rivalry between the him and Itachi.
Despite the rivalry and bitter feelings towards his brother, he still obviously cares about him very much, as shown by his worry about how his brother is changing and drifting further from the family.
Sasuke may be a genius, but he’s a genius that works extremely hard. Even when he is only seven, he works himself to exhaustion on his days off from the academy.
The main people that Sasuke interacts with are within his family. He is not shown to hang out or even train with anyone else from the academy. I note this because even though it seems like a trivial piece of information, it shows that the most important people in his life are his family, and nobody else really mattered to him.

When Itachi kills their father and mother, Sasuke’s world falls apart. It doesn’t matter that he’s popular at school; he completely shuts himself away from everyone else and becomes even more cold and distant compared to how he was before. Sasuke bears with his loneliness with a “leave me alone” attitude. His life freezes. He’s stuck in this moment for the rest of his life because he refuses to let himself move on.

When Sasuke joins a genin team and finally makes friends, his family’s destruction is still the defining moment of his life, but the warmth of friendship is starting to thaw the ice. He’s starting to move on without realizing it. Unfortunately, this changes when his brother returns, once again turning his world upside down, making him continue to blame himself for not being strong enough to save his parents. This leads to his intense jealousy of Naruto’s spike in strength (while belittling his own) and his decision to go to Orochimaru.

Hyuuga Hinata
Naruto-Episode047_240.jpg

Hinata is a young lady whose life revolves around her family. The Hyuuga clan is extremely harsh and traditional, hardly deserving the name “family.” Anyway, the first thing we learn about Hinata is her obvious crush on Naruto, but we do not learn why until later. Hinata’s defining moment so far in the manga has been her fight against her cousin, Neji.

chapter78page08.jpg

chapter78page13.jpg

Chapter78page15.jpg

The beginning of this fight basically gives the impression that Hinata is physically and emotionally weak. When her cousin taunts her, she weakly tries to contradict him but quickly backs down, and it takes little effort for him to get inside her head. What Neji said was mean, but trash-talking shouldn’t break a ninja. However, as soon as Naruto butts in and tells her that she can do it, we see this entirely new side of Hinata, a side that couldn’t be brought out if she simply liked Naruto because he was hot, like the shallow crushes of Sasuke’s fangirls.

Hinata’s crush on Naruto comes from admiration not of his skills or looks but of his character. She is shy and weak, while he, though also being a “loser,” is confident. He ignores the scoffing and mocking of others and never gives up no matter how bad things seem. In short, he is everything Hinata wishes to be, and he gives her hope that she can change, which is what she desires above all else. It’s from Naruto’s cheering that Hinata finally gathers the courage to fight with confidence and her full ability for the first time.

Hinata also shows grace in her defeat. Even as Neji continues to mock her, she has a depth of understanding about his character beyond that of which he was originally shown to have of her, and she sympathizes with him even as he beats her to a pulp. This shows Hinata’s enduring kindness and incredible insight.

We learn more about Hinata’s character and family life through a few flashbacks. Hinata’s father considers her weak and casts her aside for her stronger younger sister. Hiashi’s expectations are too high, possibly because his nephew is so strong compared to Hinata, and this is probably the reason for Hinata’s shyness and insecurity, which make her even weaker. Her father turns Hinata into a self-fulfilling prophecy, dismissing her talent until she finally is so beaten down emotionally that her diminished strength proves his preconceived ideas correct. However, more than anything Hinata longs to improve herself, and she works long, extra hours of training into her schedule. She evens trains until her hands bleed. However, it seems like she never seems to get any better because of her lack of confidence.

Together

”Sympathy is two hearts tugging at one load.”
Charles Henry Parkhurst

byakuganlovefanart.png

In the manga and anime, Sasuke and Hinata have zero interaction. At most, she says that he was amazing after his fight ended in the prelims of the chuunin exam. I think she might have mentioned him as “Sasuke-kun” once, but this doesn’t really mean anything since she uses that suffix with Naruto, Kiba, Shino, and probably everyone other male her age that she interacts with except Neji. So, how can you like a pairing that has no interaction?

Relationships usually are formed between people with common interests and similar personalities. This works for both platonic and romantic relationships. This isn’t to say that all people who are similar become friends or fall in love with each other, but it certainly makes a relationship more plausible than the idea that “opposites attract.” Taking this into account, Sasuke and Hinata make a pretty good couple.

They both come from noble clans, meaning they know the pressures and rules associated with them, and they also both have the same issues with their fathers. Neither of them was ever good enough, and they were both discarded for another sibling, though Hinata’s is more of a literal rejection while Sasuke’s father simply ignored Sasuke, which can be just as painful. Sasuke eventually got his father to pay attention to him, but he was plagued with doubt that his father only saw him as a replacement for Itachi. Even though his mother pacified these restless feelings, I doubt that they went away completely. Either way, Sasuke and Hinata still have experienced having a cold, distant father. These similarities from their pasts alone could be enough to form a friendship (or more) based on sympathy. Hinata and Sasuke can understand the pain that the other feels on these points better than any other characters in the series.

Furthermore, their personalities are alike. They both train diligently, often to the point of exhaustion, and they are both quiet, though in different ways. Sasuke usually does not speak until necessary because he wants to be left alone, while Hinata is quiet because she is shy. Either way, their personalities compliment each other in this way. One might argue, “If neither of them talks, how will they ever have a conversation?” The answer to this is that Sasuke actually talks to people he likes. He talks to Naruto and Sakura easily enough, and he didn’t even like either of them in the beginning.

Also, Hinata is the kind of person that I believe Sasuke would like if he noticed her. She is quiet, as opposed to the loud, annoying fangirls. Sasuke actually might like Hinata because she didn’t like him in the beginning. She never annoyed him by fawning over him, and if they ever formed a relationship, she wouldn’t hang all over him and bother him when he needed to be alone. I even think her choice of crush would make her rise in his esteem. I think that Sasuke has eventually come to some grudging respect of Naruto’s hard-working attitude, and if he hasn’t now, then he definitely will by the end of the series. Hinata is the one who initially admired mind-set, and Hinata also never liked anyone only because of their looks or talent, which Sasuke would admire since that is all he’s ever been judged on his entire life. He would know that if she ever came to like him, it would be because of who he was, not because of his lineage, talent, or appearance. Overall, if Sasuke ever decided that he was going to stop being so freaking asexual and noticed Hinata, it’s highly possible that he would like her.

Also, Sasuke having a crush on Hinata would totally complete the Team 7 + Hinata love square.

Okay, enough silliness.

My OTP

Why do I like this pairing? It’s mostly for all of the reasons I already mentioned, but there are several others that are more personal for me.

From looking over my pairing preferences and trying to come up with reasons with I like each one, I’ve come to notice certain trends. Usually I enjoy pairings that have almost no chance of happening because I love the idea of falling in love with someone you never thought you’d be with, especially if the surprise is mutual. SasuHina not only fits this criterion but also goes even further. It’s falling in love with someone you never thought you’d be with who could be perfect for you, but you never saw them because you were too busy staring at the person beside them (or just weren’t looking at all). So yeah, irony is a major factor in my pairings.

I have several ideas about how I think the pairing would be. First, I can see Sasuke being very awkward. Sasuke is confident and smart, but he’s never had a romantic feeling in his life, much less a romantic relationship, which makes me think he might be a little insecure. He’s never really had any form of successful relationship that he hasn’t screwed up in some way (not including dead family), making me think that, knowing that fact, he would be very insecure. Basically, I think Sasuke would be awkward and nervous if he ever managed to open his mouth to ask Hinata out, while Hinata could be the same way plus absolutely confused as to why Sasuke would take interest in her. It’s a completely unromantic yet realistic beginning, not to mention absolutely adorable. I may not like things overly fluffy, but this kind of fluff I could enjoy.

Also, I feel that Sasuke would be good for Hinata. Their personalities mesh. They can sympathize with each other and help each other open up because they know this is someone who understands and won’t judge them. I see their interaction as being able to talk to one another like no one else because they can understand one another, and yet at the same time, they don't have to talk. They can have comfortable silences, which I believe is very important in a relationship.

Finally, I feel like post-Team 7 Sasuke would probably work better with Hinata because he's interacted with Naruto and come to respect him. Sure, he's his rival and probably hates his guts sometimes (ok, maybe not hate), but like I said before, I think he's come to a grudging respect for Naruto's work ethic and refusal to give up. If he hasn’t, he will eventually. Hinata shares this, and I think that Sasuke would like her more because of it. Sasuke would respect and possibly admire her wanting to improve herself, which I think would cause Sasuke to have a fierce drive to protect her (not wanting to lose his precious ones again), and yet he could stand aside and let her fight, respecting her abilities.

Even though I don’t think Hinata would mind being rescued, I think what she needs is to be left to fight through hardships and struggles. Her ideal partner would be someone who would stand behind her and give her confidence yet would let her fight her own battles. I personally think that Sasuke fits this criterion better than anyone else, if only for the reason that he can put his emotions aside better than most characters. He can suppress his desire to protect when necessary. Hinata does not need to be sheltered in fights, and Sasuke is not the hero-type, at least not anymore. I think he could be tough and let Hinata fight it out herself if he believed that was what she really needed.

However, this is just the way I view the relationship. I know that many different fans may see it differently, which is part of the reason why I like it so much. Because they have never interacted, we don’t have a set way that they behave around one another. Sasuke could be awkward like I imagined and still be in-character, and yet, another person may see Sasuke as a more dominant type from the very beginning. Sasuke always gets what he wants, and he wants Hinata now, so he proceeds to sweep her off her feet. Both could be equally in-character. The same goes for Hinata. Would she be a combination of flattered and confused by Sasuke approaching her, or would she panic and reject him? Part of what makes SasuHina interesting is that there are so many ways people can depict it, and there are so many facets of the relationship to explore.

What about Hinata’s family? Would they hate Sasuke because he is an Uchiha and a missing nin, or would they welcome their relationship as a opportunity to finally rid themselves of the weakling heir? Would Hiashi be protective or would he have a “good riddance” kind of attitude? Then there’s Neji, Hanabi, and even Naruto, Sakura, and Kakashi to consider (not to mention Kiba and Shino). It’s difficult to create portrait of SasuHina without these guys somewhere in the picture, which is what makes this more than a normal crack pairing. There are so many issues in SasuHina to resolve that the relationship almost involves all of Konoha. Then when the relationships are untangled, there’s even the question of which would be dominant or recessive, sharingan or byakugan? Would SasuHina effectively put an end to the sharingan, or could it be the beginning of a completely new bloodline? There are more aspects of this pairing to sift through than most other pairings I’ve seen.

The Fans

In this manifesto, I really wanted to capture not only my views of SasuHina but the views of the entire fandom, but it’s difficult, so I’m going to let the fans tell you themselves. These quotes were taken from the SasuHina Fanclub on narutofan forums.

“I pair 'em up because I see potential and hurt and disillusionment and a hundred other things. Sasuke needs someone who won't lie to him, who won't leave him, who knows what it is to be broken and keep functioning anyway.
Hinata's weak, emotionally; given her life, I can understand that being the case. She doesn't lie about herself, because she doesn't see her positive attributes to play them up, the way Sakura and Ino did, presenting a false personality she thinks will win her man. She's not capable of deceit so close to her. She's a passive personality, she waits, she doesn't chase and she doesn't abandon either. They have more in common, being from families that have pressed honor into their heads since forever, and still not really having a family so much as a collection relatives who think they have the right to judge. There's no evidence that Hiashi hates or privately pities and loves Hinata, but she does know how it feels to have parents who are parents and then to have nothing but ice and void.

I don't ship SasuHina because I hate NaruHina. But Naruto is too busy looking ahead, at tomorrow, and so he's never going to look behind and see her. Sasuke is too aware of everything to just deny her existence. I think if Sasuke chose to ignore someone, they would know they were being ignored by Uchiha flipping-awesome Sasuke, in itself a form of acknowledgment. And Hinata has been waiting her whole life for acknowledgment.

In real life you see Sasuke-types going out with Hinata-types and Sakura-types and all the other combinations of characters ever. Hell is other people, but so is heaven; relationships are what people share with each other, that's why there's no freaking way I can accept 'Sasuke would never love someone like _____'. Because there is a way, I make use of it in fanfiction, I call it 'building a backstory'.

Also... on that whole not speaking thing. Sasuke and Hinata (and Shino and Neji and possibly Shikamaru and Chouji) would know that you don't need to talk to a person to get the measure of him or her. =P”
-clockwork_starlight

“My primary reason: The simple reason of shipping crack because it's crack. It's different.

Otherwise: I've always been a sucker for cliche romance like the cool guy falling for the shy girl. It's why I'm a fan of Mars. Also, they both suffer from feelings of inferiority in their family. Sakura has inferiority feelings, too, but not at home. I'll also admit that they are very aesthetically pleasing together, as shallow as that may sound. The fact that they never speak to each other doesn't deter me at all. In fact, that's probably another reason why I like it. The anticipation of a possible interaction is that much more exciting.

What I would like, though, is for Sasuke to develop, if not affection or love, then a soft spot for Hinata. Then we'll have a complete love-square on our hands and that would just make me squee.

Other than that, I try not to delve too much into the logic of a crack pairing and enjoy it for what it is. If someone is able to find logic in their fic, the better. I'll more than likely agree with that logic. But for now, I'm content with nothing.”
-Cindy

“The most common logic behind pairing two (or even more) characters together is the theory/belief that “opposites attract”. While it may sound like a lovely concept, in real life relationships do not really work like that. There has to be at least ONE similarity for the two people in question to find a common ground. & while Hinata is timid and mild-tempered, whereas Sasuke is brooding and solemn, they both are alike in more than one notable way -- in their reflective pasts and desire to become stronger.

Hinata is also the only girl who’s presence I can honestly see Sasuke genuinely not minding. In other words, she would not annoy him like the overly boisterous and loud Ino, or the clingy and firecracker-like Sakura.

Aside from that, I think the pairing has a quiet serenity about it so uncommon in your stereotypical boy/girl pairing. Or maybe that’s just my inner fangirl talking?”
-ephemeral_july

“There's this calm beauty about it that I absolutely love. (Maybe because I imagine they would express their affection for each other in quiet ways? Nothing that a random observer would pick up on- just little looks and smiles that only they understand.) *lol* SasuHina brings out my hopeless romantic side.”
-inconstant_heart

Fandom Guide

Fanfic Recommendations

If you’re interested in reading more about SasuHina, here are some of my favorite fanfics sorted by author in alphabetical order. I put the ratings at the beginning of the summaries, so if you want to avoid lemons, it would be best to avoid the fanfics rated M. There are a few like “A Light in the Darkness” and “Light” that really don’t go into detail, but most of the rest are pretty explicit.

Archee-chan
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4018563/1/27_Truths_About_Sasuke_and_Hinata - (T) written in 20truths format. One: Hinata had her first real conversation with Sasuke when she's eighteen and stinking drunk in a Sunagakure's nightclub. And that's the start of everything... '

Bullwinkle’s Lady
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2816400/1/A_Light_in_Darkness – (M) In the bureau Sasuke found a few more big tan jackets [which made him twitch], multiple orange panties [which made him twitch even more for some reason], and a few other...girl...things. SasuHina.
Light (sequel to A Light in the Darkness) – (M) That’s when Hinata flashed him. The Uchiha was caught completely off guard, and found himself staring, sure that he was simply having a nice daydream. SasuHina. Sequel to A Light in Darkness.

clockwork starlight
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2879132/1/Shades_of_Grey - (M) AU: Supernatural instances, dark looming evil, potential destruction of the planet, the usual Friday night. Add some romance, a few personal complications, a lemon wedge and a swirly straw. Chill to taste. SasuHina, other white noise. ON HIATUS probably
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2990383/1/30_Kisses_or_Fanning_the_Flames - (T) LJ comm 30kisses themes. An eccentric authoress. The Hyuuga flame, the Uchiha fan. A girl, a boy. A woman, a man. Shinobi, lovers. Children, monsters. A love is a love is a love no matter who you are or aren't. SasuHina COMPLETE. FIN. OWARI.
http://community.livejournal.com/inked_in_purple/18115.html?view=28611#t28611 - (R) Short one-shot meant to go with Shades of Grey. I originally read it without realizing that it was a spinoff, so I guess it’s not necessary to read it if you want something short but sweet with a vampire Sasuke twist.
http://community.livejournal.com/inked_in_purple/16482.html#cutid1 - (NA) Onoeshot AU. Sasuke is a student who has known his English teacher Hinata for most of his life, and now that graduation is around the corner, he decides to tell her that he wants to be with her.
http://community.livejournal.com/inked_in_purple/18427.html#cutid1 - (T) Oneshot. Honestly, was it supposed to be so difficult to be young and in love and a pain in your in-laws’ side? Uchiha Sasuke was learning the hard way that marriage at such an early age was frustrating and arduous and full of unexpected discomfort.

Erisabesu
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3861424/1/Anything_for_You - (M) “Nobody disappointed Hinata Hyuuga on her honeymoon, especially not Sasuke Uchiha.” [SasukeHinata] AU.

Firefly
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3079116/1/Cause_for_Conversation - (K+) Hinata has always been intimidated by Sasuke, but when she serves as a substitute for Sakura on a mission, she comes to learn that the stoic Uchiha is not so bad after all.

KamikazeUdon
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2998186/1/Anecdotes - (M) A story detailing how a possible Sasuhina relationship might go, with the plot that brings together...an arranged marriage! SasukexHinata, hints of NaruSaku, KibaIno. May get lemony later. And...

Lanse
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3310784/1/ - (K+) Warmth can be found in the most unexpected places. SasuHina Oneshot.

Rahlia Indigo
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3977984/18/Dreams_and_Nightmares (T) Assorted short stories. SasuHina. Contains cuteness, subtle irony, and several headaches. Settings range from in the Naruto universe and out.

Renoa Heartilly

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3683620/1/Fireworks - (K+) breaks off the actual events right after manga chapter 361. What if you had to socialize with the one person you once ganged up against to bring home? Just like the rise,the colorful explosion and then the slow fall of fireworks.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3824649/1/One_Hundred_Fallen_Petals - (T) A collection of short stories inspired by the 100themeschallenge on deviantart. Do you possess the patience to collect a hundred petals? Sasuhina various genres
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2268686/1/Torn - (T) Tsunade got tired of keeping Sasuke inside Konoha walls, so she assigns him a mission. It takes time to love, it's not a game.

Sunfreak
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1956724/1/ - (T) Promises are what shape a ninja- or perhaps a clan. HinaSasu, one-sided HinaNaru.

Winter Weatherman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3286810/1/Still_Waters_Run_Deep - (M) Hinata stumbles across a heavily injured Sasuke in the forest and smuggles him into her house. With her father away, anything could happen. An attempt to write SasuHina somewhat realistically without glossing over Sasuke's issues.

YouKnowYouWantTo
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3621224/1/My_Harsh_Reality - (M) explicit lemon: They seemed to be distant, they seemed not to know one another, but when two match so perfectly, that never lasts.

Fanart Recommendations

Before I start I want to say that I tried to link all of the fanarts back to their original page, but for some I just didn’t know where they came from. I didn’t draw any of these.

AMV's

This is probably the best SasuHina video I've ever seen.

Other Useful Links

Beyond the Eyes: The SasuHina Fanclub - The center of SasuHina discussion at narutofan forums. You can discuss SasuHina, find new fanfics and fanart, and interact with some awesome people.
The Sasuke x Hinata livejournal community - Not as active as the fanclub at NF, but it’s useful to find updates of your favorite fanfiction, the occasional fanart, and sometimes someone might even post up SasuHina merchandise for sale.

July_winter’s Sasuke x Hinata Theories

We all know that Kishimoto likes to base much of his story on mythology, and july_winter takes this a little bit further. Whether or not you think SasuHina has a chance of happening in canon, these are some interesting reads that I would definitely recommend.
Yin Yang | Five Elements | Four Celestial Emblems | Shinto Trinity Part 1 | Shinto Trinity Part 2 | Cursed Lineage | Imperial Regalia | The Demon Queller Part 1 | The Demon Queller Part 2

I end this essay by saying that if you didn’t understand SasuHina before, I hope that it now makes a little more sense. If you were already a SasuHina fan, then I hope you enjoyed reading it (hopefully nodding your head in agreement). Please feel free to ask any questions, tell me to add something if I've missed anything, and make corrections.

“Love is friendship that has caught fire. It is quiet understanding, mutual confidence, sharing and forgiving. It is loyalty through good and bad times. It settles for less than perfection and makes allowances for human weaknesses.”
Ann Landers

tumblr_mnhcu39zfI1qm4tnso2_500.gif

This pairing war against the NaruHina shippers had to be one of the most obnoxious things in a very, very long time.

Since the Radical Naruto/Hinata shippers extremist are being so smug, here's a reminder: you guys enjoy but a hollow victory. You can't read back over the manga and ignore the fact Naruto loved Sakura for 699 chapters out of 700. Hinata was pairing fodder than never got much development, and neither did the relationship. You were "right" in the end, and yet Naruto/Sakura was the intended endgame pairing before Kishimoto capitulated. The manga reflects that fact, and the necessity of a movie to justify this BS pairing reflects that. You'll never be able to ignore that.

large.gif

IMO the truth is that Hinata and Sakura were underdeveloped and poorly written. Hinata was almost never around Naruto for about ¾ of the story, even though it was clear what her feelings were. Sakura started out as a naive love struck girl who then kicked ass physically and mentally shortly after the time skip (Sai intro/Sasuke search arc) who then devolved back into a love struck teenage because…? If team 7 had 4 people in it including Hinata and she went on all those adventures with Naruto less people would give a fuss (I think).

large.gif

Sakura became the worst character in the series IMO because she reverted back to her old self. I remember the first episode of Naruto I ever saw (Kakashi telling new Team 7 to steal bells). All 3 failed that “ninja test” for different reasons. Naruto failed because he never thought before he acted. At the end of the series he matures by becoming a more calculating person in his words and actions. Sasuke failed by taking independent actions without his teammates. He matures by realizing that he can’t accomplish any of his goals in life without support. Kakashi failed Sakura because she needed to get her head out of the clouds and stop obsessing over Sasuke so much. She matured in the end by…. Ohhh wait she didn’t.

tumblr_mb4i23NNdA1r70e6ho1_500.gif

With that said, people who say there is was NO evidence/foreshadowing for Sakura/Naruto to end up together must be dreaming. There is about as much evidence for Sakura as there is for Hinata, which confused the crap out of me when the series ended as to why Naruto and Sakura didn’t have any closure in the end (which not is properly addressed in the Last Naruto the movie). The evidence IMO pointed to Naruto confessing to Sakura in the end once he fulfilled his “promise” to her.

large.gif

1.In the beginning of the series, it is revealed that Naruto has feelings for Sakura.
-Sakura knows of these affections (unbeknownst to him) thanks to Sai, but her feelings for him (according to the Databooks) are confused and unspecified.

2. Kushina's dying wish was for Naruto to find a girl like her so that Naruto can receive her love even when she was gone. Sakura was compared to Kushina by Naruto's father, noticing their striking resemblance in personality.

3. After Kaguya is defeated, Naruto talks with Minato, asking him to tell Kushina that he is keeping all her wishes. Kakashi and Sakura are shown staring at him blankly when he says that his feet aren't always properly washed. He eventually remembers his mother's wish for Naruto to find a girl like her, but starts stammering and eventually says that he hasn't quite fulfilled everything Kushina asked.

4. Throughout the series, Naruto and Sakura have been shown to share mutual admiration and strong respect for one another.

5.In Iruka's lesson of Heaven and Earth, he makes a real-world example of Naruto and Sakura, showing that each of them can't survive without the other.

6.Sakura has been shown to get angry and yell at people who insult Naruto, such as Sai and even Sasuke, who was her crush.

7.Sakura has been teased and/or pointed out as Naruto's girlfriend by Konohamaru, Gamakichi, and Minato respectively, among others.

8.Despite having feelings for Sakura, Naruto acknowledges her feelings for Sasuke. He also made a "lifetime promise" to bring Sasuke home, which is seen as both a positive and negative element of their relationship.

9.Sakura has shed tears for Naruto on numerous occasions whether due to his life being in danger or simply due to his commendable words and actions.

10.Naruto has been shown to recklessly save Sakura numerous times when her life was in danger, likely more than anyone else has

11.Sakura is shown to be openly protective over Naruto and constantly concerned for his well-being.
Additionally, Sakura realizes that Naruto has done a lot for her and wishes to repay the debts outside of "small and insignificant" things such as healing him.

12.Sakura greatly admires Naruto, particularly after he defeated Nagato.

13.Naruto and Sakura are known to constantly bicker, often ending with Sakura comically punching Naruto for being stupid, although they quickly get over each one.

14. When healing Naruto after he turned kyuubi against orochimaru, Sakura expresses her desire to be useful to Naruto. Despite her wound, she continues to heal the Uzumaki and soon asks Yamato to teach her the technique to stop Naruto's Kyubi form. She is quickly saddened when he tells her that he was the only who had this ability, saying that, as usual, the things she can do for Naruto are small and meaningless. Noticing this and her wound, Yamato claims that the important thing is Sakura's strong feelings, causing her to look up in confusion. Smiling, Yamato tries to say that he can tell she likes him by just looking at her, but he is quickly cut off as Naruto begins to awaken.

15. At the end of the Sai/Sasuke arc, Naruto complains he can’t eat because of his broken arm and Sakura, seductively moving her chair and leaning in closer to him, gives him a flirtatious look and offers to feed him, which leaves him happily surprised and blushing.

16. Naruto who is still walking through the village has a flashback about the encounter he had with Sasuke and just as he snaps out of his trance, Sakura and Sai arrive to see him sitting on a bench. Naruto then questions Sai's presence and complains that both Sakura and Sai interrupted him while he was devising a plan to go with Sakura on a date.

17. After Karui beats up naruto after he wouldn’t give any information on sasuke, Sai asks Naruto if he likes Sakura (Notice this happened after the Pain arc, wherein Hinata professed her love towards Naruto) Naruto said that he couldn’t because he didn’t keep his promise with Sakura (to bring Sasuke back).

tumblr_nz4zyw2gSP1txreoco3_500.gif

In conclusion, based on this evidence, I can see why many people Including myself believed that Naruto would end up with Sakura (and were disappointed in the end), just as I can see how kitten the minimal evidence that caused Hinata to end up with Naruto in the end. I just wish Kishimoto hadn’t turned Sakura from IMO the worst to the best and then back to the worst female character in Naruto, and Hinata from an undeveloped minor secondary character that is not in most of the story to the main character’s significant other without having a more concrete visible relationship in the end. Ultimately I think Kishimoto just didn’t know how to develop female characters in the series which was a factor in my disliking of the pairings in the end.

tumblr_nf1kp0cJlS1tde4doo1_500.gif

Hinata's "love" to Naruto... well minus how unlike naruto, Sasuke tried to kill Sakura multiple times. But then also in that sense, naruto never gave up on Sasuke even though he tried to kill naruto multiple times. It's sort of unfair to glorify how Naruto never gave up on his 'brother' while Sakura is always viewed as someone who can't get over an infatuation.

large.gif

In the second part of the series, you get lost on her true feelings. At one point, it seems like she's in love with Naruto and now just views Sasuke as a teammate she wants to save because she's loyal to him, just as Naruto is loyal to him. She even tried to kill Sasuke herself because she wanted to free both of them of this burden... though it can also be viewed as selfish since she tried to get mixed up in something she doesn't understand (my understanding was that team 7 kept her out of the loop A LOT; e.g. her not knowing how strong the bond between Sasuke and naruto was, as shown at the end before the time skip, and her believing that naruto was just trying to save Sasuke because he promised her.)

tumblr_mqeuqv3HOP1rzc7zpo1_500.gif

It's hard to say why Sakura still loves sasuke, though it's for sure that she's loyal to sasuke AND naruto. During the war, you don't know if she still loves him since she just remembers him when she got that love confession from the shinobi soldier. It's never really explained and kishimoto never really tries. He just always makes hint in their relationship. Even during The Last, he doesn't even touch their relationship. For all we know, the time between when sasuke left and when they had Sarada, it took quite a while for them to actually get together.

bb02fa97e6e48888fda3d8bfcc0d86778c17a5a7_hq.gif

Sakura's love for Sasuke never had a chance to develop, hence her inability to let go. Not to mention, as she states in the last movie, a girl never gets over her first love... which is actually true for a lot of people in reality. You can't blame her for something that makes her human, especially when there are so many things left unspoken.

tumblr_ma0meqoE2F1r9cel6o1_500.gif

The fact of the matter is that kishimoto never expands on sakura's feelings that much that it's unfair to say she has some sort of 'undying' love for sasuke. You can tell she's sad about how life was so cruel to him and wants to help, just like how any good friend or teammate would want to do. Just because she had a crush on him when she was TWELVE, people forget that she's also a kunoichi and a friend. Her bond with sasuke may not be as strong as the bond shared by Naruto and sasuke (especially since sasuke only viewed her as an annoying girl who'd never understand him, so he never gave her a chance to let her in, and rightfully at times since sakura was only 12 and still maturing in parts of her personality like any normal 12 year old who hasn't experienced horrible trauma in their life) but I'd like to believe she's a sensitive character who cherishes her precious people.

large.gif

The direction Kishimoto took in Naruto, Sakura, Sasuke and Hinata's relationships has been flipped completely if these are indeed the final couples. Sasuke and Sakura is just... Incomprehensible. The man that tried to take her life several times and has never shown an interest in her has become her husband? When I go back and read through earlier Shippuden, as well as the anime, we see Sakura's character development in regards to overcoming her love for Sasuke. We are given heavy hints to Sakura's newfound love for Naruto, something that was never done for Hinata as we outright knew her feelings for Naruto from the beginning, albeit them stemming mostly from admiration than actual personal contact with him. Furthermore, Hinata's character development during the final arc also feels rushed. Killing Neji only to spark an intimate moment with Naruto and motivate him? It does not flow well and seems inconsistent, as we are given only a few lines from Hinata highlighting her passion to fight for Naruto during the war beforehand. If these leaks are true, Kishimoto has missed out on what would feel like a more complete Sakura story: the story of a woman struggling to bring back the boy she loves, constantly being hurt, but then overcoming her naivety in womanhood to love the man that has stood by her side not only seeking the same goal, but protecting her until the very end.

tumblr_moyyf5EMQf1s3jp5fo1_500.gif

This is indeed a frustrating ship to go down with, because it defies cohesive storytelling. We see two characters constantly finding themselves in conflict trying to bring back a friend they both care about together, and a partnership develops, one in which deep feelings for one another possibly begin to blossom. We see Sakura present during key shifts in Naruto's life, in his self-discovery and struggle. We see parallels of Naruto's mother and Sakura with almost undeniable evidence of their romantic feelings for one another. But now we see a woman fall for the man that attempted to take her life in his indifference, which is not only a huge step back in character development, but just downright creepy. Naruto's relationship with Hinata is similar, and although it may have been forged out of kindness, there really was no deep, intimate relationship that connected these two characters. Naruto has always looked to Sakura when asked about his love, and for someone as stubborn and passionate as him, dismissing his feelings for Sakura is an even bigger step back in his character development.

ADWTK8S.gif

I could ramble on and on but if this is truly what Kishimoto has finalized, it is possibly one of the most unsatisfying pairing endings I've experienced. Then again, Naruto as a series has never truly focused on strong romantic character development (unless what I've seen leaked is fake and Kishimoto redeems Sakura and Naruto's relationship). The shipping for this story has been a wild ride and it is a really sad defeat, in cohesive logic behind this conclusion is non existent.

tumblr_nlloitdEIz1sjup52o1_500.gif

tumblr_lbays02fAa1qb6jd9o1_500.gif

NaruSaku since it's the healthier of the two pairings. Naruto would have been just as happy with Sakura as he was with it Hinata and at least he showed that he cared for her unlike Sasuke. Seriously, the 180 Sasuke pulled at the VERY end was complete and utter BS and IMO a cop-out on Kishi's part. He was just trying to tie everything up regardless of whether it made sense or not.

hold_me___narusaku_in_new_ending_by_marshallstar-d566web.gif

Hinata DESPERATELY needed some panel time with Naruto or at the very least, the chance to grow beyond her crush. That's my biggest gripe with her character, that she is literally nothing without Naruto. Her character does not extend beyond him which is sad because she has potential. The story would have benefited from an arc that had Naruto teaming up with Squad 8, her team. That's the ONLY team Naruto is NEVER partnered with and I always wondered why that was.

narusaku_gif_so_sweeet_____by_angie988-d4qchei.gif

If you want Hinata to be seen as a heroine, give her the opportunity. A scene here and one 100+ chapters later is honestly not enough. The two interact in less than 50 pages out of the ENTIRE manga which is well over 14000 pages. That isn't enough. The Last screwed up by trying to do what was essentially the manga's job to do, flesh out the pairing. I didn't like how they added to Naruto's backstory with he and Hinata as kids and the scarf from his mom which was used as a plot device to make Hinata jealous. I also don't like how they cheapened his feelings for Sakura. Rumor has it that his voice actress, Junko Takeuchi refused to say certain lines at the part where he and Sakura are talking in the film because she felt they were too OOC. OF course this is just a rumor so take with a grain of salt.

tumblr_mmc7dnU5J41rtl9dyo1_250.gif

Anyways, the pairing should have been in the oven prior to the film, not just being made. So what we end up with is a love story that is horribly rushed and told in a way that isn't romantic in the least. It comes across as overly contrived and forced. I don't hate Hinata by any means, but a movie was NOT the best way to develop her because honestly, she doesn't really change, everyone around her changes to fit the scenario.

13080302030649702.gif

Considering the gaiden, she's working herself to the point of exhaustion, so much so she collapsed. All the while he's off wondering around the world, doing a job that the Anbu could most likely do. Yeah, great husband >_>. Also, I think you're mistaking passiveness for understanding. Sakura doesn't seem capable of standing up to or challenging Sasuke as much as she would with Naruto. We see this a lot throughout the series in her inability to defend herself against his abuse.

tumblr_mj7kfoETMA1rmb22do1_500.gif

And honestly, when it comes to understanding Naruto, I think Sakura is the best. Not only have they been on the same team for years, but they've shared the same goal as well, saving their friend. No one else other than Sakura knew the full extent to which Naruto was suffering in order to fulfill that goal. So much so that she tried to free him from it through the infamous fake confession.

giphy.gif

She had to UNDERSTAND that he was suffering to want to alleviate it. And if you're going to use the whole "I hate people who lie to themselves" angle, the Last practically states that Naruto had been lying to himself for years in regards to his feelings for Sakura. What he claimed to be love being nothing more than a sense of rivalry, told to him by Sakura no less.

tumblr_static_tumblr_mm4f62wy2p1s94og2o1_500.gif

I don't believe either of them was in a position to preach to the other, so I don't place much stock on either claim. Naruto's claim that Sakura was "lying to herself" and Sakura's claim that Naruto "never really loved her". Because if Sakura didn't love Naruto in some shape or form, why go that far? There was some love there though clearly not as strong as her love for Sasuke but love nonetheless. A love born from her understanding Naruto as a teammate, fellow shinobi, and friend.

gif_narusaku_by_darkamy_chan-d5zm6k8_zpsfa0b125e.gif

Her crying showed that she already understood, she just didn't want to admit that she was partly responsible for it. Having someone else say out it out loud just drove it home. We know this because part of the reason Sakura became stronger was to help Naruto to bring Sasuke back, thus easing some of his burden. A burden she believed she had inadvertently placed upon him.

tumblr_inline_nfzt3pyFOi1rsnghe.gif

SasukeXSakura makes sense ? think again She put her own photo over the actual photo, over the face of the person who delivered her baby, the one who gave her daughter her glasses, her supposed new best friend. I'm sure some really pathetic people crop out such people in their lives to present misleading photos of themselves next to their "husband"(If you can really call someone like Sasuke that) picture, but its still some pathetic behavior of which you'd come to expect of a submissive person. Especially when they were apparently so unable to get a more current version of their husband as an adult when the two last met. Couldn't even get a marriage photo. I wonder how long the two actually even banged if they didn't even have time for a photo. Only a Stepford wife would put up with that.

tumblr_lyz8ewhgob1r3aoxho1_500.gif

Kishimoto got invested enough in Naruto x Hinata that he wanted it followed through ? keyword "Invested," he sure fooled me then cause in these past 15 years the two have BARELY interacted in the story, she was HARDLY ever present in the story, and she knew next to NOTHING about Naruto beyond him being lonely as a child. That's some REAL good investment there. >_> No, what he and the anime studio invested in was the ridiculously large number of NaruHina fans who would eat this **** up no matter how forced, contrived, or nonsensical it was.

Hinata Her understanding of Naruto ended after part 1. In part 2, Naruto is no longer a lonely outcast, he's popular and has friends while she's still hiding behind trees watching him from afar. The issues he had in part 2 , she played no role in aiding him with. Hell, she nearly got him killed at one point.

large.gif

Sakura should've been with someone who actually cared about her (Naruto). Sasuke's change of heart at the end of the series was BS. Truly he's a "rare prodigy" who was saved by more plot convenient ass pulls than anyone else in the series. As for the "debt" to Sakura, you're right he doesn't owe her a thing. Except for maybe the fact that she could have poisoned him with the kunai but chose not to. She had a PRIME opportunity to do so. Or perhaps for her continuing to believe that there was still some good deep down inside that cold heart of his.

6tpt9i.jpg

Whatever the case, his behavior towards Sakura was completely unacceptable and she SHOULD have given up on his ass. Her "love" for him caused her more pain than anything else. He deserved to be alone, or to be with a girl even more clingy than Sakura, Karin. Though IMO, they're BOTH too good for him.

bloggif_53b331482f1f5_by_sam155-d7otbju.gif

Yeah, NaruHina and SasuSaku in a nutshell. Just pair the guys up with their respective fangirls. Also, claiming that Naruto was "competing" with Sasuke for Sakura would imply that Sasuke had feelings for her. Feelings that he made abundantly clear on several occasions he did not have. Not much of a competition when only one guy is actively pursuing the girl, Naruto.

tumblr_inline_miqh9buRgD1qz4rgp.gif

"Fictional claims" lol. It's a fact that Sakura could have stabbed Sasuke if she wanted to. She stopped herself at the last possible moment. He was completely oblivious to her presence long enough for her to have scratched him at the very least. And furthermore, you want to blame Sakura for "trying" to kill him despite the fact that during that encounter, he tried to kill her first, while she was tending to Karin. No excuses, Sasuke was dead wrong to do what he did, yet later on he comes back with his crappy little "I'm sorry" 180 personality change and both girls forgive him, please. >_>

tumblr_o0v1brVBuK1u8x83lo1_500.gif

You chose to be blind to all the kittenish actions Sasuke took. Justifying them with honestly pitiful excuses seeing as it was Sasuke who chose to ignore his brother's wishes and walk a path of darkness. Apparently he can do no wrong in your eyes but I'll call a spade a spade and an ass an ass. That darkness had always been a part of Sasuke and the truth about his brother just brought it to the surface. Even before then, we could see some of this when he and Naruto first fought in the Final Valley in part 1. Sakura and Karin we oblivious to that side of him because they had never seen it, but he was most definitely being himself. It's just that after his final bout with Naruto, he set about changing himself to something a bit less dark.

tumblr_nul17mUgag1rmiddxo1_250.gif

I'm just stating why I think this "investment" Kishimoto "planned" for NaruHina was complete and utter BS that dirtied the story, I don't see how her interactions with Naruto were more important than others. She did confess to loving him but that gets thrown out and is never touched on again. She did encourage him after Neji's death yet, shortly after he calls Sakura his GF accompanied with the obligatory SakuShina parallel. Two of her best moments, completely disregarded.

Naruto as a character is defined by his bonds to others because that's all he has, his bond with Sasuke being the most important and the driving force behind many of his actions. Hinata not being able to understand that bond severely hampered her ability to understand Naruto and his goals, at least IMO. She is in the background for so long how anyone can claim that she knows him better than the people that actually stand by his side is beyond me. Hell, Sai probably understood him better than HInata and that's saying something.

30svggp.gif

Indeed, However I will say that Hinata was absent for a much greater estimate than 50-200 chapters of Naruto's life I'd say roughly around 500+ chapter range and that isn't an exaggeration.

Kishimoto's Wife as I pointed out numerous times is a NaruSaku Shipper, She absolutely hated and resented the decision her husband Kishimoto made by making NaruHina and SasuSaku the end pairings according to the interview that her AND Kishimoto partaken in, Heres the link:

Masashi Kishimoto at New York Comic-con - The Anime News Network Interview

In the interview Kishimoto stated that he attempted to soothe her by making her feel better by telling her that she is based off of Hinata and more like her personality wise, But it's clear... that she is not... Because Sakura's character is combative, loud, argumentative and bold, and Kishimoto's wife in the interview stated that she disagreed with her Husband by saying that she is more like Sakura, the very fact that she is arguing and bashing her Husbands decision on the end pairings only further validates her claim that she is Indeed like Sakura,

When has Hinata ever been Loud, Combative, Argumentative and Bold ? Hinata has NEVER shown any of those personality traits, Hinata she goes along with anything people tell her to do or what ever mission to carry out WITHOUT question or her even being argumentative about it "I... uh... s...sure" "well.. I.. I guess... I... can..." Hinata has always been a delicate and submissive girl and Kishimoto claims his wife the woman who is constantly arguing about the end pairings in Naruto on a daily basis to be just like Hinata ?

Cut the baloney Kishimoto you are clearly lying just admit that you knew you were gonna lose fans when you focused on pairings. And you were right. So you opted for the "larger" fan base. NaruHina has a larger fanbase then NaruSaku However probably only 5-10% larger so to reduce as much damage as possible when he ended the manga with the pairings you choose the LARGEST pairing fanbase instead of the Pairing that is the most plausible and makes the most sense, NaruSaku.

Also in that interview, Kishimoto stated that he decided midway through the story, because Hinata acknowledged him and saw him for what he really was before Iruka.. which is a big load of CRAP!!! considering that doesn't mean much since she never approached the guy. Was she by his side all those years he was alone as a kid, hell no. That was Iruka, not Hinata, that's sad when even NarutoXIruka makes more sense then NarutoXHinata.

Kishimoto's story as to what he plans for romantic pairings is always changing. First he claimed he had planned NaruHina since the beginning, next it was NaruHina towards the middle of the story ? Kishimoto flip flopped more than a pancake in the interviews he gave after 700.

Kishimoto stated he "planned" NaruHina since the beginning of the manga ? And if that's true, why focus nearly ENTIRELY on NaruSaku? Why the need for all the parallels? Why have Naruto call Sakura his GF? Why no closure for Naruto and Sakura? Why does an irrelevant background character like Hinata get such favoritism? That's part of what pisses me off. How do you go from that to what is seen in 700? Then, The Last retcons and butchers characters as it pleases to fit the narrative. In the manga, Naruto has no fond childhood memories of Hinata yet, in The Last we're expected to believe that he met her before Sasuke. That's bull. Also, Naruto gives up the scarf Kushina made for him to keep from making Hinata sad. That makes no sense. Why would Naruto give up ANYTHING that Kushina made for him to make a girl he barely knows feel less jealous? Would pre 698 Naruto do that, after the emotional outpouring he showed when he met her, HELL NO! His feelings for Sakura, explained away with the most insulting of reasons, petty rivalry, BULLSHHIT!

These inconsistencies are what make it hard to accept The Last as anything by fannon made cannon. It was designed so that EVERYTHING simply fell into Hinata's lap regardless of how much it ruined the other characters, especially Naruto who's my favorite. Hinata is not the heroine and was never designed to be one, at least in the traditional sense. As far as Kishi is concerned, the heroine is simply the girl that gets in the hero's pants, no more no less. And it's pathetic that in the end, that's all her character amounts to, uninspired, one dimensional, paring fodder. She and all the other characters deserved better.

No, but what SHOULD amount to romance is the bond between characters and Naruto's bond with Sakura was stronger than any he shared with rest of the female cast. The Last just makes SHHIT up and throws in it there. Hinata gets a BS rare chakra type, Naruto receives his mothers scarf just as Hinata herself is making one for him. The worst part is when he gets guilt tripped via genjutsu into loving her, he couldn't fall for her on his own. And we know that Naruto understands love as he was in love with Sakura throughout the manga.

I say that to say this, the natural progression of love could be observed BEST through NaruSaku. They start as teammates, then over time become dear friends that share a bond in their desire to save Sasuke from himself. This was a MAJOR driving force behind both character's development and something Hinata had jack-all to do with. Truth be told, she had next to nothing to do with any of the hardships Naruto went through. Anyway, on the subject of NS , naturally one would expect them to move to the next stage which is love especially given that Sasuke have ZERO interest in Sakura, treated her like utter SHHIT while Naruto treated her almost like a princess. If Kishi wants to call Sakura a "bad woman" for falling for Naruto then that makes Naruto equally bad for falling for Hinata. Since in Kishi's mind giving up on your first love makes you the scum of the earth. -_-

Regardless of whether you believe the development of Sakura and Naruto's relationship was romantic or not, there's no dispute of fact that there was a lot of focus on the bonds of Team 7, but with Sasuke gone and Kakashi not being their age, a lot of that 'Team 7 focus' was between the evolving friendship of Naruto and Sakura. At the beginning Sakura hated Naruto with a passion, At the end Kishi says she's the 'guardian of Naruto's dream' and her own dream is to see Naruto become Hokage, If you don't feel that there was anything romantic about their relationship, that's perfectly fine and you can make an argument for it, but how are you going to deny that Kishi didn't focus on Naruto and Sakura's relationship ? That's ridiculous.

Naruto confessed to loving Sakura, that is a fact. Prior to the war arc, Sakura's feelings for Sasuke were changing which is also a fact. Naruto NEVER acknowledged Hinata as anything more than a friend, fact. He called Sakura his GF, fact. Yet, because of The Last, all that was thrown out the window with a weak ass explanation, "red herrings". The ONLY reason Sakura did not end up with Naruto was because Kishimoto felt it would be unfair to Hinata and would make Sakura a "bad woman", confirmed in an interview. Why else would she choose a guy that tried to kill her on multiple occasions over the guy that has ALWAYS supported her? It defies logic and her character suffered IMMENSELY for it. Hinata got Naruto out of pity. He was guilt tripped via Neji's death, a damn scarf, and genjutsu into being with her and had his feelings for Sakura cheapened. Feelings we've known about for over 13 years. If you can live with that, I wonder how much of a fan of the story you were to begin with. Hina fans only care about Hinata's happiness and could seemingly care less about the amount of contrived crap that happens with her character. The story could go to hell and back (which it did) and as long as she came out on top, it'd be worth it. -___-

Before all of this shipping BS, I'm a fan of good story telling. The ending of Naruto was a MAJOR letdown and The Last was the topping on the SHHIT sundae. Believe what you will about me cause I couldn't care less. I'm taking to NARUTO fans, not blind NaruHina ones. Just because Hinata ALWAYS obsessed over Naruto doesn't mean they have to hook up. But then again, that's all her character is, "Naruto-kun", so maybe there was no other alternative. >_>

I'm complaining about more than just pairings but those are key. Why, because that's what The Last and 700 dropped on us, BS pairings. Naruto becoming Hokage was no shock, him being hitched to Hinata, THAT was a bombshell as were SS and the other random pairs.

So yeah, I will sit "here" and talk about the pairings. I will talk about the OOC moments in The Last and the retcons. I will mention the pointlessness of Neji's death or the meaninglessness of ALL the NaruSaku moments and parallels if NaruHina was always the intended end game. These are ALL problems IMO with the story, Naruto and Hinata They had less than 50 pages together out of 700 chapters. That's lacking to say the least.

NaruHina would have been plausible and made sense had it been given the panel time it desperately needed. 6 or so scenes out of 700 chapters doesn't convince me of it's legitimacy and I don't care how cannon it is. The Last was a desperate attempt to flesh it out that fell flat on it's face because it forces too many characters to act out of character and conveniently adds in past content to force a bond between Naruto and Hinata, one that did not exist before. Why didn't Hinata's character grow stronger, why is she still so timid around Naruto? What was she doing for those 2 years, stalking him like always? Her character is her crush, no less no more.

Nor was the interaction between NaruHina plausible. A one-sided confession that is NEVER addressed is not romantic. NaruSaku had better romance POTENTIAL because of the strength of their bond and their interactions

The only pairing I think is really bad taste was Sasuke and Sakura due to obvious reasons. For me Hinata and Sasuke ending up together would have been great character development for both. Hinata becomes more than her crush and Sasuke get a chance to interact with a girl he hasn't tried to kill yet. Also Sasuke and Hinata's personalities seem to match perfectly compared to his and Sakura in which she's the one that acts submissive (Hinata's Personality) which I always saw as out of character.

Both Hinata and Sakura understand Naruto but however Sakura IMO, knows better how many hardships he's been through. She doesn't "mistreat" him out of malice, that's just her temper similar to Kushina. I find NaruSaku interactions more enjoyable because she's vocal about her complaints with Naruto, Hinata's too shy. NaruSaku seems natural while NaruHina is awkward and forced.

Considering that we got a CANNON movie about the MAIN ship. The ships gave closure to the character's lives. Problem is, ALL of them were horribly handled and some got ZERO development, they just popped into existence. That is not acceptable, you have to JUSTIFY if you want your fans to accept it. Fans that actually care about closure that is. Some people just take whatever is thrown in their faces.

Kakashi stated during the war that Sakura's feelings for Sasuke had changed. Naruto told Minato to his face that Sakura was his GF AFTER the Hinata pep-talk I don't care about the NaruHina BS examples because they don't apply. All I'm getting is that NaruHina fans don't understand the traditional meaning of the term "girlfriend". It doesn't matter that romance wasn't a major theme Kishimoto had planned for the manga. Kishimoto brought into the equation and is obligated to justify it. He doesn't deserve a free pass.

And the NaruHina fans still don't understand the meaning of "girlfriend". In the case of Sakura, we NEVER get to see her feelings explained so all we have to go on is what the people who are close to her (Kakashi, Naruto, and Yamato) say. And NaruHina fans say Sakura performed otherwise, well we know why that is because Kishi stated himself why he wouldn't let Sakura be with Naruto. Hard to claim there was "little to no focus on shipping" when the ONLY cannon film is about just that, SHIPPING. Not to mention 700 with its shipping bombshells. >_>

The fact that the series ended with shipping as a MAJOR element is the issue. Yes, the majority of the manga did not deal with it but the ending, arguably the most important part of any story did. And no, the NaruHina fans don't appear to understand what girlfriend means going by their comments about how NaruSaku doesn't make sense. A girl who is my friend is just that, my FRIEND not my GF. In Naruto's case it was clearly meant to be taken as wishful thinking and a bit of a joke. He called the girl he liked his GF and she freaked out over it and hit him. It was comedic relief but, it's still meaningful because this was AFTER Hinata's confession and pep-talk meaning that Naruto still had feelings for Sakura what went beyond mere friendship, but not romance. You don't call someone you think of as a mere friend your GF. I NEVER said there wasn't any romance between Naruto and Sakura only that the potential for it was GREATER in that pair compared to NaruHina. Close friends with strong bonds stand a better chance of becoming lovers than mere acquaintances. And he and Hinata weren't much more than acquaintances with no real bonds.

Yeah, that NaruHina logic. "Don't like The Last or 700, you're just a salty NaruSaku fan". Must be nice to be so willfully ignorant >_>. I don't see how NaruHina fans do it. I swear they are like a gnat. The moment anyone voices discontent with the ending, you're all over them.

How about this, if your ship made logical sense and was developed, I'd be okay with it. If NaruSaku got proper closure, I'd be okay with it. If Naruto had not been guilt tripped and OOC in The Last, I'd be okay with it. If Hinata had become more than her crush and Sakura had not regressed in character development, I'd be okay with it. But we got none of those so I'm bitter as all hell, LOL. Followed this series too long to be let down this badly so hell yeah I'm gonna vent, whether NaruHina fans like it or not. :p

In other words, NarutoXHinata sucks.

Hi, this is an anime discussion forum, not your personal Naruto shipping blog. If you are going to ignore every reply you got and instead just create multiple new threads full of self-indulgent flamebait anti-ship copypasta, you will have your posting privileges here removed. First warning.

R

Yeah I figure they just copy-pasted it across every anime forum they could find in some desperate rush of shipping enthusiasm without engaging their brain. They have a formal warning so they will be permanently gone very soon if they can't provide a valid reason to keep them around (like actually replying to people who took the time to reply to them and listening to the requests for more intelligent posting).

R

If they want to write endless paragraphs of dribble about their fan shipping needs. They should just go to fanfiction.net and write a fanfic about it.

Back