8th May UK anime releases

Red XIII

Straw Hat Pirate
The first batch of May anime DVD releases are available today, including a new series in the form of the action-packed Tenjho Tenge, and the long-awaited continuing volumes of Texhnolyze and Gungrave.

All of this week's releases are listed below.<ul class="menu"><b>8 May 2006</b>
<li>Burst Angel #3 (MVM)
<li>Crest of the Stars #2 (Beez)
<li>Gungrave #5 (MVM)
<li>Tenjho Tenge #1 (MVM)
<li>Texhnolyze #4 (MVM)</ul>To keep an eye on all upcoming UK anime releases, look no further than our regularly updated schedule.

Oh how I hate how some releases are stalled i.e. Gungrave & Texhnolyze while the same company has no problems releasing new shows

Laughing Manji said:
You can attribute that to a certain fire methinx.
The fact that even though they were severely delayed because of the fire they decided to keep licencing new shows? They should have really slowed down with the new releases after the fire to bring all the old series back up to speed. Instead they went mad licencing too much for them to handle all the series they already had.

Laughing Manji said:

Some were put on hiatus because of poor sales as much as anything else. That at least is part of the reason and the fire didn't help matters much since it caused a bit of a backlog in which more popular shows were bound to win out over more minority show.

It's a pity really since Texhnolyze and Gungrave are a pair of fantastic shows.

Burst Angel #3 features one of my favourite episodes, featuring Meg in Chun-Li mode ;). Absolutely hilarious stuff :).

WTFDaveMustaine said:
The fact that even though they were severely delayed because of the fire they decided to keep licencing new shows? They should have really slowed down with the new releases after the fire to bring all the old series back up to speed. Instead they went mad licencing too much for them to handle all the series they already had.

You mean slow down releasing? Sell less? Its more than likely that they applied themselves to restoring the schedules on key titles first. Then continued new releases.

If you spend all your time and money just fixing mistakes and ignoring lucrative new releases you can die as a company or lose your position in a currently very cut-throat UK anime market.

What I meant was not to licence so damn much after a fire which had already delayed them greatly.

Consideing that MVM had already licenced all these shows before the fire even happened and they have not really licenced anything new for the UK since the fire.

Then it seems the fire was a godsend. They had an excuse why they can't handle all the shows. 8]

Mohawk52 said:
Amazon.co.uk say "22, May release" for Texhnolyze v.4. I hope that is wrong then.
It's release date is this week and I got my copy this weekend. This is according to MVM's own homepage. Gantz vol 4, Gunslinger Girl vol 2 and Paranoia Agent vol 4 are all due on 22nd May.

Has anyone seen vol.6 (final) of Planetes around? Its missing from all the web shops (except the european ones), and it was allegedly meant to be out a month ago. I don't see it on play.com or anything.

It is available, it seems, at Amazon UK.

Personally I picked it up from a Travelling Man shop at around the time of its release.

It is out there, somewhere but there seems to have been some kind of cock-up. Try writing an e-mail to Play, Anime-on-line, et al or BEEZ.

Laughing Manji said:

Is that the fire that burned down some warehouse housing the master copies?

If so then that's the same fire which makes it impossible to get #2 of the evangelion original series.

damn fire, what good has it ever done anyone? :lol:

The European release of Crest of the Stars is an insult.

Bandai release Crest of the Stars under their budget Anime Legends label whilst simultaneously their European division release it as singles at a full retail price point.

Once again BEEZ want us to adopt the position to receive the stick.

EDIT: D'oh

Back